As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

So looking at the production graph, it's more likely that he build a worker first and then a warrior while he was growing.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Looking at GNP: it was mining. No gnp bonus.

Not sure what the second research target was. Something with a bonus, I think.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

T22 Part 1:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0032.JPG?raw=1]

We have copper right in our capitol's BFC. Another one on RFS side of the desert. Our scout also continued exploration with nothing interesting to report. I did not finish my move right away. These are the things I still need to do:

1. Give orders to my worker. According to plan we would have moved to the forest 1S of Exdeath to chop into the worker. Currently the worker stands on 1E of Exdeath.
  2. Decide on Tech. Last time we agreed to start fishing.
  3. Exdeath is starting a worker
So far without any simming or testing I would have said that we still should start the worker in Exdeath. Even if we settle our second city in the east, we would still need fishing there, so I inclined to continue with fishing. Which leaves just 1. to decide.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

So I looked into my planning tool. I still want to do the second worker now, as it will help the second city to get up to speed quicker. If I would do a settler now it would pop up in T30, but then I would still have only one worker which needs to farm the corn ASAP, connect the two cities with roads, chop into a second worker and connect the copper. That's just to much to do for one worker.
Connecting the copper early would mean to have one chop less going into the settler and therefore delaying that settler. So I will go according to plan and chop once into a worker and then once into a settler.
Fishing is also a must I think as the nearest food resources are both sea food.

Buy me a coffee

Oh man—is fishing still the right choice? What is the ETA to wheel?

We definitely want to road and mine that copper very quickly. But I think based on where our units are, it is probably better to chop into the worker since it completes it t25 and we can use on T26.

If we move to mine first, we get worker 2 on t28 and improving corn on t29. We get the settler our on t35. Mine is done t27, farm is done on t30.

If stick with current plan, we get worker 2 on t26 and the settler on t33. We will mine copper I think before we farm the sugar.

If we chop one forest, we get the worker earlier but we still delay that first settler.

I think we keep the current plan so we have minimal time with more tiles worked than we have population for. Alas: If we had improved the corn first we’d have a dilemma as to whether to chop or mine first.

www.earnestwords.com

Glad we arrived at the same conclusion. I hope there’s another food resource by that 3rd crab. I think we know where city 3 goes: sharing the crab with the capital and helping work come cottages. We will probably want another city to use the 3rd crab I think.

www.earnestwords.com

T22 Part 2:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG?raw=1]

Continuing my turn I deceided to stick to the plan, so fishing, going in for the chop and start a worker in Exdeath. As you can see I will move War Walter to the hill for better sight. I'm a bit hesitant to move any further as this is my only defensive unit so far, but maybe I'm just paranoid.

Buy me a coffee

(July 11th, 2018, 14:07)Zalson Wrote: Glad we arrived at the same conclusion. I hope there’s another food resource by that 3rd crab. I think we know where city 3 goes: sharing the crab with the capital and helping work come cottages. We will probably want another city to use the 3rd crab I think.

Yeah, city 3 is propably going in that direction on the "city?" sign. I find that city spot a bit sad. It will be good in the beginning but as soon as Exdeath will use most tiles for commerce and a potential city near the 3rd crab needs those crabs, this city will only have 3 grasland tiles for itself. At least it has 8 water tiles so moai statues could be nice here.

Buy me a coffee

My notes tell me to talk about my short, mid and long term goals now.

Short: I want to develop a plan for the next turns until the 3rd settler is finished. It will propably evolved developing the 2nd city, mining the copper, adding the sea food. In addition I will need to explore the east and north ASAP and learn who my other neighbors are.

Medium: As of now I'm not especially afraid of RFS. We are seperated by a desert in the north west and our only connection is via the coastline. I'm still willing to risk an attack on him, but that will depend on our other neighbors.

Long: I don't have enough informations as of now to deceide anything long term, propably going to conquer RFS.

So next steps to do:

1. Develop a plan, which includes the finishing of the 3rd settler
  2. Develop a dot map as soon as the north and east are adequately explored

Buy me a coffee

Oh and I forgot to mention only three people have grown to size 3 as of now. Me and RFS and propably Coeurva according to his score.

Buy me a coffee