As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

I see. smile At some point I have to get more into graph reading and C&D. That's still arcane knowledge to me.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Yeah you can see it matches the power increase from when we got bronze working. Now, he has built like 3 warriors while growing to size 4 so he’s got that going for him.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

T29:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0044.JPG?raw=1]

Where are you heading, RFS? A size 5 city. I forgot to mention that he also revolted to slavery last turn. Can't wait to read his report at the end of the game. His playstyle is so unusual compared to all others.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I started tracking the score of the other players just for the fun of it and even without the arcane knowledge I can say some things for sure about the others. Here just to point out some interesting things:
  • Couerva has less land tiles then everybody else.
  • Superdeath is the only player still at 2 pop. Everybody else is at 3 except for our man of the people RFS
  • RFS teched Agriculture, Mining, Bronze Working
  • No one teched into the religion techs

Buy me a coffee

MagicScience is first to city 2

www.earnestwords.com

T30 & T31:

Not that much happened in those two turns, hence no screenshot.

Yes Magic is the first to his second city in T31. He is expansive so no wonder that he is earlier with this. Couerva revolted to slavery this turn and I expect him to settle his second city next turn. Shallow will propably settle pretty soon too. I expect Superdeath did 2 worker and a settler, which would explain why he is still at pop 2. RFS will propably double whip his settler some time in the early 30s. To be honest even with our delay I don't feel so bad about our timing. T35 compared to T31 is not totally bad.

Buy me a coffee

I wonder what everyone thinks of our increase in MFG. We're #1! We're #1!

It remains to be seen if our plan of avoiding food bears fruit...

I'll see myself out.

www.earnestwords.com

Look closer at the plan, my big concern is that both times when we whip down to size 2 at the capital, we respond by working the copper and the pigs. Shouldn't we attempt to work the corn and the pigs for an 8 food surplus? Then we regrow to size 3 significantly earlier: 2t earlier on 47 vs T48.

I commented on the cells I changed in the All Happy Max Growth plan. Hope it helps.

www.earnestwords.com

T32:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG?raw=1]
Apparently RFS found my position. I still moved my warrior northwards for exploration. As of now I can easily move him back if RFS decides to do anything aggressive. By the way he is still at size 5 and did not settle this turn. When will he use the whip is the question. Two other people settled this turn: Couerva as predicted and Superdeath.

Yes, it's true that we avoided food, but we are also building a settler, so it doesn't matter if we produce food or hammers right now. I also had to go into hammers the last two turns to get that warrior out.

About the two after-whip turns. In the first a worked the hammers because that way we get the work boat out in time for our third city. If I work the food the boat will come out one turn later. The second after-whip turn was not intentional. To be honest I did not plan anything for Exdeath after the third settler so far, so I left it at the copper. This will propably change in a future plan. I will look into your other changes, when I have the time to think about it.

Oh and another thing I noticed. Magic finished the last turn, but he did not finish this turn immediately. Maybe he's up for something.

Buy me a coffee

I thought a bit more about the new situation with RFS's warrior at the border. That warrior is definitly messing with my plans for the second city. Looking at the situation the warrior came from the NW. He will propably move to the spice hill for vision. From there he can't see my capitol. My plan as of now is to move my warrior 1W to the sugar. That way he will see my warrior, which could deter any attack from him. He knows that I'm pumping a lot of hammers, which could scare him away. Moving to the sugar will also allow me to protect my settler and found my second city safely. Should RFS cross my borders I will have to work on a warrior in Exdeath, which will change my whole plan and that sucks. Let's hope he will stay peaceful.

Buy me a coffee