As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

(July 23rd, 2018, 12:17)Zalson Wrote: Superdeath's at 3 cities. First to 3, I think. I think that was also a bad choice because how can he have enough workers for 3 cities?

Are you really sure? I looked at the demo screen and for the last couple of turns, including this one, the best player in land area was at 26000. If he had settled his third city, he would have been the first one to do so and would propably be now 1. in land area.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

T41:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0063.JPG?raw=1]

A rather uneventful turn. In the screenshot you can see War Walpole in position to fogbust for the next turns. War Wilhelm found more (for the moment) uninteresting land. Unfortunately he found a fresh water lake under the fog to the east of him. This means that I have to adjust my exploration route. Fortunately he found a fresh water lake, which means he will explore mor tile to the east. wink

While I was at it I also looked at the other fogs in the east and I noticed a water tile east of the cows which turned out to be a fresh water lake. Might be interesting to know for the future.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(July 23rd, 2018, 14:38)Charriu Wrote:
(July 23rd, 2018, 12:17)Zalson Wrote: Superdeath's at 3 cities. First to 3, I think. I think that was also a bad choice because how can he have enough workers for 3 cities?

Are you really sure? I looked at the demo screen and for the last couple of turns including this one the best player in land area was at 26000. If he had settled his third city, he would have been the first one to do so and would propably be now 1. in land area.

I suppose he could have finished a tech... I think I misread it, I guess.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

No, he gained 8 points which would be a pop. But he gained score at the same timestep as shallow and there is this strange double "Finished turn" before the new turn message. I think this was just a strange thing from civstats. Together with the demo screen I believe that it's only a pop growth.

Buy me a coffee

(July 23rd, 2018, 15:16)Charriu Wrote: No, he gained 8 points which would be a pop. But he gained score at the same timestep as shallow and there is this strange double "Finished turn" before the new turn message. I think this was just a strange thing from civstats. Together with the demo screen I believe that it's only a pop growth.

Hope so. Otherwise that is some pretty slick turn management.

Hold on: did the average territory increase? He could be at three with a dinky 1 land peninsula city sharing the other tiles with the cap or city 2...

TO THE EXCEL SPREADSHEET!

EDIT 1,213,222: Average didn't change. You're right. He got a tech or a pop point -- likely a pop point.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na... SPREADSHEET! lol 

But good point with the 1 tile island.

Buy me a coffee

T42:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0064.JPG?raw=1]
What Would have liked to found another food resource. So far the inland is really scarce with food; only the rice and banana so far. But I have a theory here. Tinfoil I suspect that Commodore put an ivory near everybody for happiness, so that ivory there could belong to another player, propably 3 or 4 tiles in the NE. I have to check this later. The good thing about the mighty jungle in the NE is that it discourages expansion in that direction by the other players, too.

Other than that my exploration path leads me again to a flatland tile (1SE of the warrior). This game truely makes me paranoid.

EDIT: Oh and Coeurva whipped a second time. I think it's very likely that he founds his 3rd city in the next turns.

Buy me a coffee

And Magic is the first player to found his third city. He also was the first to found his second in T31.

Buy me a coffee

And Shallow also founded his third, being Exp and Imp one would expect both to settle fast. But that means we are starting to fall behind in city count. Our third city will go up in T51.

Buy me a coffee

Some thoughts (in no particular order) from browsing the last few turns and updated scouting:
  • The absence of food suggests to me that hammers will be more important ... re-growing from the whip will be painful. Thus aiming to get workshops down sooner rather than later. 
  • Serfdom might have more value than usual for clearing out the jungle and getting farms/workshops online. 
  • Early iron working has both an economic use through clearing jungle, and military use. Since you are AGG it might make sense to go IW earlier (or even much earlier) and take the RFS's food. A few swords on a pair of galleys could be deadly
  • Settling on the banana would allow you to make use of it earlier (+1 food on the city center tile). On the other hand, there isn't much else of value 1st ring. Just 3 forests and the jungled ivory.
  • If you were Creative you could get a decent city in the west, located 1NE of the oasis. But with both rice and gold 2nd ring I don't think that's a good idea without Creative. Even if you set up a pre-chop into Barracks on the turn you found it would be 13 turns before the borders popped. Actually that might not be too terrible. The oasis is a decent tile to work in the mean time. It's a solid border city on a hill with both diagonals protected by peaks (and an oasis).