As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Game mechanics

Ok thanks. There are a lot of klackon units and nagas roaming around...

Just as an update on the easy lairs:

My current lunatic game, I got 2 of the lairs. My nearest opponent (same continent but fairly far, at least 20 squares) had a stack with 5 swordsmen, 2 horsebowmen, and 2 ghouls, in November 1400 (in September it didn't have either of the ghouls, but in October a ghoul joined, and in November a wraithform ghoul joined). I can't say for sure if she got my 3rd easy lair, but I know I didn't.

However, on my continent, i actually have 2 chokeholds near my fortress that are blocked by strong lairs, so the third easy lair may have been on the other side of one of those. It's a VERY peninsula style 'continent' with lots of little islands basically connected by one square. Which wasn't a scenario I had thought of originally, and obviously means that sometimes the easy lairs won't be accessible. But since this is a particularly rare occurence, I wouldn't worry about that.

Got side tracked trying to test new lairs. Have now had 3 out of 4 games (fair landsize) with a chokepoint blocked by strong lairs/nodes/towers that leads to land masses that could have the easy lairs. I'm actually surprised it's this high. Again, doubt anything can be done, and I'm almost sure this is just particularly bad luck, but thought I should mention it.

Currently the BGM is picked depending on the stats of all wizards. Wouldn't it be better if it was only including already contacted wizards?

I'd want it based on whatever will change the most often. But I don't use it, so I have no idea.

Not including it changes more often, otherwise you'll never hear the "winning" version because the Myrran is always stronger than you. (and if you do, you can know you are stronger than they are and break the towers)

Maybe they just fit my militarist playing style perfectly, but Dwarves seem to be over powered to such a point that the only enemy wizard I fear on Myrror is another Dwarf wizard, and once he falls the game is essentially over.

What difficulty (also probably better in races thread, not game mechanics)

Probably correct observation, Dwarves are on the "overpowered, need to fix later" list. It's however hard to do so I want to fix the balance of all other races first. (We're making good progress, only 4 more races to go.)

Think I'm going to add one specific exception to the stall AI tactic after all. Neutrals shouldn't use it when they are the attacker. It's really silly when rampaging air elementals or spiders or whatnot attack your city and hide in a corner instead of trying to hurt you. Completely defeats the purpose of what a rampaging monster is, and they don't even survive to attack a second time if they do that.