As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

So a few numbers for the Great Lighthuse build in Karlabos:
  • With the iron, cow and mine on the hill, Karlabos can produce 11 hammers per turn
  • With the whale from Magissa, Karlabos can grow to 6.
  • Right now I still have 3 forests around Karlabos
  • The Great Lighthouse costs 200 hammers
With these the Great Lighthouse could be build in 10 turns:

60 hammers from forest
+ 35 hammers from whipping 3 pop
+ 110 hammers from working iron, cow and mine for 10 turns
= 205 hammers

I also need to research Masonry, which could be done in 2 turns after Alphabet and with enough money from conquering RFS's cities.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Couerva was probably building research to get to currency.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

(August 23rd, 2018, 10:14)Charriu Wrote: So a few numbers for the Great Lighthuse build in Karlabos:
  • With the iron, cow and mine on the hill, Karlabos can produce 11 hammers per turn
  • With the whale from Magissa, Karlabos can grow to 6.
  • Right now I still have 3 forests around Karlabos
  • The Great Lighthouse costs 200 hammers
With these the Great Lighthouse could be build in 10 turns:

60 hammers from forest
+ 35 hammers from whipping 3 pop
+ 110 hammers from working iron, cow and mine for 10 turns
= 205 hammers

I also need to research Masonry, which could be done in 2 turns after Alphabet and with enough money from conquering RFS's cities.

Instead of a triple whip for 35 hammers, we should do two double whips or even a few single whips.

4/35 axeman > doublewhip > 54/35 with what, +7 hammers (iron + cows + city center) for 61/35: 26 overflow.
34/35 axeman > singlewhip > 64/35 +7 hammers = 71/35 for 35 hammers overflow (you'd waste 1 because you can only overflow 2x the build cost). You could do that 3 times in a row (sword, axe, spear) for many more hammers than a triple whip.

If you did that single whip thing it'd go:

T1: whip axe
T2 Great lighthouse at 35/200 + 7 hammers
T3: whip spear
T4: great lighthouse at 77/200 + 7 hammers
T5: whip sword
T6: Great Lighthouse at 119/200 hammers +7 hammers
T7: Math chops come in: 126/200 hammers +67 hammers
T8: Great lighthouse completes 200/200.

So that's 2 turns faster with 3 extra units. You do have to delay those units now.

I can walk through the process if you'd like; we'd need to see what the exact timeline would be based on current circumstances. If we had more buildings, we could build up max overflow by chaining together overflow. You'd have to do it like this with the buildings available.

T1: whip a sword at 39/40 to get 69/40 overflow. Say you're producing 1 hammer per turn.
T2: overflow 29+1 product overflow into a ... lighthouse at 59/60 when started. You add in the 30 (29+1) overflow from the previous turn, and then get another 30 hammers from the whip (plus 1 hammer from the city center). So that makes the lighthouse complete 120/60 hammers.
T3: whip a library at 89/90 hammers. You get the 60 overflow from the previous build, plus 31 hammers from the whip and city center. So that puts you at: 180/90 hammers.

At this point, we'd need a building like a courthouse and market available. But you can overflow a max of 2x the cost of any unit/building.

So if we had a courthouse, we'd whip that at 119/120 and then the market at 149/150 and would chain together 150 overflow. Add the 2 forests and it's easy-peasy.

That said, I'd recommend against build the great lighthouse on a border with a rival like this. Probably better to put the hammers workers, settlers, and military vs RFS-81 at this point.

www.earnestwords.com

Also, at Magissa: we should be working a water tile instead of a citizen, maybe? Or is it a faster galley that way?

www.earnestwords.com

Finally: you have 4 potential forests at Karlabos for 120 hammers. That means you can do it even faster -- but you'd need math and you'd need masonry and you'd need at least 4 workers to spare in the area.

www.earnestwords.com

Oh don't get me wrong the conquest of RFS has priority over any wonders. That's also why I'm working a citizen in Magissa to get out the galley sooner. And you are propably right in building the Great Lighthouse in a border city.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

T81

A really boring turn

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0195.JPG?raw=1]

Coeurva build a barracks in Schilda. As you can see Forza is leading in culture right now with 5, but Coeurva could easily spread buddhism in Schilda, which would result in a lead in culture for him. I'm thinking about building a library in Forza to keep the culture pressure up. I'm also thinking about bringing my military up to Schilda after I conquered Lighthouse and the pig city from RFS. Taking RFS capitol will propably need cats and I could use my military to get a quick snipe at Coeurva.
Also of note is that the export/import column in demographics shows nothing this turn. This could mean that Coeurva and RFS lost trade network connection, either by a barb pillaging a road or another player.

Buy me a coffee

T82:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0197.JPG?raw=1]

Coeurva moved out 2 workers from Schilda under protection by archers. I expect him to chop the forests under them.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0196.JPG?raw=1]

Superdeath has shown up with one of his Impis near Galura. He's just on the road to his barb city (Spiderman?) and he didn't know that my city is here. But this made me aware that I was a bit careless with my workers around those 2 cities. Superdeath has a history of taking quick snipes at workers and other similar units no matter how good or bad it is for him. I only have an archer and a chariot in Galura and would have chopped the forest under Ramuh this turn, that's why I moved Ramuh back to Galura, which slows the grows of Galura a bit. The 2 workers on the banana are also in risk of an impi under the fog, so I moved an archer from Siren up to them.
In addition I moved another archer from Forza (to the west) to Galura for additional worker protections. I intend to move the archer, now on the banana, 2E of Galura to warn me about any impi's coming my way. I don't expect that Superdeath tries an attack on me, because we are equal in power. How do I know that. Well I got graphs on him this turn, so this calls for an extra round of graphs.

Graphs:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0198.JPG?raw=1]

Superdeath acquired his 6th and 7th city quite early, which would explain his GNP. He should be a bit behind in tech, especially because some of the GNP comes from culture.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0199.JPG?raw=1]

His production was a bit low for most of the time, but that's no wonder because he used the whip very excessively during and before his "War of no Gains".

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0200.JPG?raw=1]

He is the other one with a good food value, but Magic is also up with us, because I'm currently 5th in food.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0201.JPG?raw=1]

You can clearly see the time he started the "War of no Gains". But it's good to see him back with the rest of the pack in military. His military also consists of many impis, which could be easily countered by other players. But they will help him against Shallow. To be honest those impis could be a reason why Shallow won't start an attack against Superdeath before an attack against RFS. They could easily dismantle his immortals.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0202.JPG?raw=1]

Those early culture comes from his barracks. He build at least one in each of his first 2 cities and his capitol.

Buy me a coffee

T83:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0203.JPG?raw=1]

Not that much happened this turn, except that Superdeath moved his impi along my border.

Buy me a coffee

T84:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0204.JPG?raw=1]

I've finally met Magic or better he met me. He must have come through the narrow passage between Superdeath and Shallow, which is astonishing because...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0205.JPG?raw=1]

...he was at war with both of them. He certainly has the hardest game so far of all players. But he's making the best of it and worked his way up again. He's also consistently above Superdeath in points.

Unfortunately I'm falling behind in pretty much every category except for production. This is of course because of my war machine and the fact that I'm pretty much boxed in. The only way to settle some more cities is the blue dot against Shallow and the green dot above Karlabos, which are costly cities and they need time and help to grow. This leaves only the area above Garula for me to settle, which is far away and between Superdeath and Coeurva.
The fact that my finances are pretty low also negates any more settlements. If I am not able to get a good fight against RFS, I'm falling behind pretty fast.

Just for reference here is the current city count:

Shallow: 10
Superdeath: 8
Coeurva, Magic and me: 7
RFS: 5

Shallow and Coeurva have silver or gold to finance their settlements and Superdeath has his UB.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0206.JPG?raw=1]

In other news, I'm planning to chop the forest 2S of Schilda. My worker is currently building a road and in 2 turns my borders in Forza pop. From then on I have 5 turns until Schilda's border pop. I will move an archer and the worker to the forest and chop it before his borders pop. The chop will go into a library mainly for the culture.

Buy me a coffee