As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

I did that and Dark Savant is correct.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I noticed that Coeurva logged in after I finished my turn in the last turn. I made sure that I finished my turn after he finished his. While he was in there he whipped something. We are not in war right now, but he can see my troops in Forza. Is that enough reason to complain?

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(August 27th, 2018, 14:15)Charriu Wrote: I noticed that Coeurva logged in after I finished my turn in the last turn. I made sure that I finished my turn after he finished his. While he was in there he whipped something. We are not in war right now, but he can see my troops in Forza. Is that enough reason to complain?

Absolutely not. You want to lock in a turn split, you need to DoW.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Buy me a coffee

First some general info. Some may have read it already in the IT Thread. My PC is broken or better my windows partition. So I will have to make my turns on my laptop. Unfortunately this means that I can only share smaller screenshots with you until I have a new PC. But back to the report.

T87:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0216.JPG?raw=1]

Coeurva managed to send two more archers to Schilda, but I let myself not be stopped by that.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0217.JPG?raw=1]

I'm now officially at war with Coeurva. Building Stonehenge directly at the border was just to much. I had to attack him, while I still had the chance. Above you see my force. Currently my unpromoted swordsman have 30% odds against his best archer, but with the cover promotion the odds will increase in my favor. I also noticed that Superdeath is still at war with Coeurva; have to watch how that develops.

Buy me a coffee

hammer hammer hammer

Sorry, I almost told you to declare war last turn to avoid any turn order issues. Thought it wouldn’t make a difference, but it may if he was able to start moving one or two of those extra archers in.

How are you planning to carry out the assault? Take the highest odds swordsman attacks first? Or start by softening up with Chariots?

Have you simmed what difference the Cover promotion makes vs. City Raider in the actual combat odds?

Good luck, Charriu! Don't forget to defend that iron!
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

(August 27th, 2018, 17:59)Cornflakes Wrote: Sorry, I almost told you to declare war last turn to avoid any turn order issues. Thought it wouldn’t make a difference, but it may if he was able to start moving one or two of those extra archers in.

How are you planning to carry out the assault? Take the highest odds swordsman attacks first? Or start by softening up with Chariots?

Have you simmed what difference the Cover promotion makes vs. City Raider in the actual combat odds?

Another little learning for the next time. wink

I simmed a bit on Sunday and I may start with the swordsman against archers. Softening with chariots is more or less out of question because of the spearman. I will do a detailed sim the turn I want to attack. Then I know excatly what I'm running against.

(August 27th, 2018, 23:22)Zalson Wrote: Good luck, Charriu! Don't forget to defend that iron!

I will, but if Schilda falls it should no longer be in his culture. There's also the question of that new Coeurva city to the west in RFS territory. If the fight in Schilda goes well I might try to take that city to, it also has an iron.

Buy me a coffee

(August 27th, 2018, 14:17)Commodore Wrote:
(August 27th, 2018, 14:15)Charriu Wrote: I noticed that Coeurva logged in after I finished my turn in the last turn. I made sure that I finished my turn after he finished his. While he was in there he whipped something. We are not in war right now, but he can see my troops in Forza. Is that enough reason to complain?

Absolutely not. You want to lock in a turn split, you need to DoW.
...or play PBEMs. It's a tradeoff, you can't do games as big and everyone needs to be more rigorous about playing in their timeslot, but it does get rid of turn order as something you need to think about.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker