As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

How many beakers do you produce if you build wealth and then go 100% science?
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

Beakers on 100% with cities building research:

Beakers on 100% without cities building research:

Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

T108:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0336.JPG?raw=1]

I was greeted by a crab for crab deal from Superdeath. There's no problem in accepting it, but I wonder why now?. Does he want to make sure his border is safe, while starting a war? Iiam 

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0337.JPG?raw=1]

And there goes RFS establishing his city state. I have 2 turns until I can declare war again, which I will do just to move out my galley and reduce my maintenance cost.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0338.JPG?raw=1]

Exploration into Shallow continued. Evil End has a monument and a barracks, so 1 less culture then Superdeath' Spiderman, but for now it is clearly the better city compared to all out jungle in Spiderman.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0339.JPG?raw=1]

And there are more border cities with Superdeath. Every additional border dispute between those is good for us.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0342.JPG?raw=1]

Intersting city placement of Hostile Hospice. That may mean that Shallow did not settle his capitol in place.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0340.JPG?raw=1]

Back on the other side I pillaged the remains of former Utopia expecting to get pillage gold, but learned that there is no pillage gold for ruins. crazyeye How did I forgot that. It also revealed more troops from OT4E. He's the last player at war with RFS and I expect him to move in to his last remaining territory soon. Maybe he even takes Golden Void, hopefully with a lot of casualties.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0341.JPG?raw=1]

I've had a look at my current military because I'm not totally satisfied with my defenses. Here is how I plan to fortify my cities:
  • Exdeath: 1 warrior
  • Wing Raptor: 1 warrior
  • Karlabos: 1 archer, 1 spearman
  • Siren: 1 axeman, 1 archer, I want another spearman here
  • Magissa: 1 warrior
  • Forza: 2 axeman, 1 spearman, 3 archer
  • Galura: 1 axeman (finished next turn), 1 archer, I want another spearman here
  • Liquid Flame: 2 swordsman, 3 axeman, 3 archer, I want another spearman here.
  • Iron Claw: 2 spearman, 1 axeman, 1 archer
Depending on how the situation with RFS goes out I may want to move the 2 swordsman to Forza.

Right now I feel rather safe at my eastern border. I have crab for crab deals with both of my neighbors there; enough distance between our cities; and nothing of value for them in my border cities. Nonetheless I don't want to run only 1 man defenses there, just to be safe.

Which brings me to the big event of this turn. My paranoia of loosing another race after the gold and Great Lighthouse came back and I deceided to 1 turn monotheism now. So now it's all to the dices, should anybody else finish it. Rolldice

To ensure that the holy city get's placed in a suitable city I did the following:
  • Forza: pop 5 will grow to 6 next turn
  • Exdeath: pop 6 is the capitol
  • Wing Raptor: whipped from 6 to 4 (Walls), unfortunately the Walls were not started before, so 1 pop is more or less wasted here and there is too much food in storage, so the city will grow to 5 next turn
  • Karlabos: pop 5 unfortunately I was not able to whip it, because otherwise I would not finish monotheism. But getting the holy city here means a rather safe holy city and it could benefit the great people farm here
  • Siren: pop 5  unfortunately I was not able to whip it, because otherwise I would not finish monotheism. But this is a really safe spot for the holy city, with enough hammers to start missionary production
  • Magissa: whipped from 5 to 3 (Lighthouse), I started the Lighthouse early so no pop is wasted. Getting the holy city here would be really annoying, because of low hammers.
  • Galura: whipped from 5 to 4 (Axeman), the axeman was started before so again no pop wasted. I also found it important to avoid getting the holy city here, because of it being a border city.
  • Liquid Flame: pop 3, same as Galura without the whip
  • Iron Claw: pop 1, same as Galura without the whip
That was the best I could do to ensure the holy city goes to Forza. I also checked what happens if I loose 3 gold, but even then I will finish Monotheism. Let's hope for the best. Ohdear

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Well, I don't know if I would have whipped Wing Raptor for walls but that does lead to a faster castle for additional trade routes.

Wnat to give a city overview on T110?

Do you think you have enough available force to go and snipe an opponent's city? Do you think you have enough available force to attack and take RFS-81's last city, so he can come dedlurk us?

www.earnestwords.com

(September 16th, 2018, 11:10)Zalson Wrote: Well, I don't know if I would have whipped Wing Raptor for walls but that does lead to a faster castle for additional trade routes.

Wnat to give a city overview on T110?

Do you think you have enough available force to go and snipe an opponent's city? Do you think you have enough available force to attack and take RFS-81's last city, so he can come dedlurk us?

Yep, could have gone for another unit in Wing Raptor, but I figured I will need walls for a castle at some point anyway.

Yes, I will gladly give a city overview on T110. I figured that my spreadsheet gets a bit tiresome to read. So how would like them, just the advisor screen or every single city on it's own? If you like I will post this overview in an 5 turn interval just like the graphs.

I might be able to snipe a city from Shallow or Superdeath, but why should I start another conflict on the other side of my empire. Taking Schilda definitly needs more troops to take. There although praetorians constantly moving through Schilda down to RFS.

I would love to take RFS city, but I doubt I have the manpower for this. Last time I checked he had 3 axeman and 4 archer in there. I think OT4E is also moving in on his city, so I would also need enough troops to defend against him, too. I think the likeliest outcome is that OT4E attacks and hopefully looses some units in the attack.

Buy me a coffee

City screens would I think tell a better story. You’ve been reporting fantastically so I am confident in your choices there smile

www.earnestwords.com

Turn just rolled and the only players that could potentially discover Monotheism were Magic (12 points) and OT4E (25 points). Magic more likely discovered a classical era tech, which leaves only OT4E. Here is to hoping that it worked. Ohdear

Buy me a coffee

T109:

I did it. I founded Judaism. multidance So were did I found it.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0343.JPG?raw=1]

In Wing Raptor. Well would have loved to have it in Forza, but it could have been worse. I'm still very desperate for culture in Forza, which is why I set my cities up so that I can finish Meditation in 2 turns. This is what I'm planning to do with Wing Raptor:
  • 2 turn Meditation
  • 2 turn an axeman in Wing Raptor
  • Start a monastery and chop into it.
  • Start producing at least one Rabbi for Forza
  • Build a monastery in Forza with chop.
In the long run I plan to use another Great Scientist from Karlabos for a golden age in which I will switch to Judaism, Monarchy and Organized Religion.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0344.JPG?raw=1]

The whole world is at peace again, but I can declare war on RFS next turn, which I will do just to move my galley with the swordsman and axeman back to home. Mh should rename the galley to Odysseus lol 
I checked and only Shallow signed an actual peace treaty with RFS, so OT4E can still attack. Speaking of him.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0348.JPG?raw=1]

He has a scary large army at RFS doorstep and still not very far away from me. Here is a better overview of his forces:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0349.JPG?raw=1]

There's another praetorian under the fog, which I did not screenshot.

I'm still very much afraid of OT4E which is why I started some more axeman.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0345.JPG?raw=1]

Shallow actually left his island resort undefended.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0346.JPG?raw=1]

The second border city from Superdeath and OT4E. Those two border cities also invested heavily in culture. And if you look closely you can see that Deadpool follows Hinduism. Does that mean Superdeath founded Hinduism. We will know very soon.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0347.JPG?raw=1]

Superdeath's road network is very scattered. Mh maybe he does not have enough workers? He also did not use the sugar as a second food resource with a farm on it. Shallow really is a lot more under pressure from Superdeath then I expected, which is good. Let them fight. bash

Buy me a coffee

How soon does that next great person show up? 3t of anarchy for +2 happy, +120 hammers into missionaries instead of monasteries seems like a small price to pay now for those additional benefits? They also start the snowball faster?

www.earnestwords.com

(September 17th, 2018, 15:31)Zalson Wrote: How soon does that next great person show up? 3t of anarchy for +2 happy, +120 hammers into missionaries instead of monasteries seems like a small price to pay now for those additional benefits? They also start the snowball faster?

I expect it in T130. Mh you might be right. The problem with the 3t anarchy is that in that time Forza does not produce culture and will likely loose the tile 1NW, which would be very bad.

Buy me a coffee