As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

(September 28th, 2018, 15:06)Charriu Wrote: Short:
  1. Settle blue dot and with that finish natural expansion so far.
  2. Spread judaism to most cities
  3. Finish monarchy (T126)
  4. Start golden age (T129) and switch to Heredetary Rule and Organized Religion
  5. Start and finish some important buildings with OR.
  6. Grow Exdeath as much as possible to increase GNP
  7. Finish Metal Casting and start machinery.
  8. Build up defensive spearman against Superdeath's horse archers.
  9. Get a stone deal with somebody other than OT4E right before the golden age and start Moai in Liquid Flame
Mid:
  1. Finish Machinery
  2. Build CKNs
  3. Try to profit from any potential war against OT4E or Superdeath.
Long:
  1. Finish up RFS
  2. Take that gold from Coeurva/OT4E

It's that time of the game already:

Short:
  1. Did that, next.
  2. Last turn I spread judaism to my newest city, Sandworm. Now every city has judaism.
  3. Yep, done.
  4. Done
  5. Finished forges in almost all cities and started some new buildings.
  6. With the next turn Exdeath is at 14 pop
  7. Not only that, but I will finish machinery soon.
  8. I have 2 spearman in Byblos, Galura and Iron Claw. 1 in Siren with another one on it's way.
  9. Unfortunately there was not stone available before the golden age, but this did happen after the golden age.
Mid:
  1. Next turn it is done.
  2. Will be done
  3. So far no real conflict in sight.
Long:
  1. Maybe I will finish RFS in the next 20 turns.
  2. Maybe, too.
I'm quite satisfied with the accomplished goal. With the exception of a Stone deal I achieved all my goals on to the next 20 turns.

Short:
  1. Build at least 4 trebuchets to go to war.
  2. CKNs, CKNs, CKNs (At least 10)
  3. Start attack on RFS. This can start with at least 2 Trebuchets.
  4. Build another settler that should be finished before the capture of RFS' capitol.
  5. 2 missionaries for the new cities.
  6. Finish Mathematics (with failgold from Colossus)
  7. Finish Code of Laws
  8. Grow Exdeath to stay financially stable.
  9. Prepare for an attack by Superdeath/Elkad
  10. Build the lumbermill and a few windmills in necessary places.
  11. Improve culture situation in Byblos and Galura.
Mid:
  1. Finish Civil Service and swap to Bureaucracy immediately.
  2. More farms
Long:
  1. Take that gold from Coeurva/OT4E
  2. Take out spiderman from Superdeath
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

T141:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0585.JPG?raw=1]

Once again Superdeath offered me a copper for copper deal. I rejected, but I'm tempted to reoffer that to him. Maybe this will lead him to declare war on somebody.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0586.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0587.JPG?raw=1]

Finally somebody finished the Colossus, whiched netted me 92 gold.

Just as planned I finished Machinery this turn and started some whips overflowing into 3 Trebuchets and 1 CKN I think 3 should be enough to bring down RFS defense. From there it's CKN all the way.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

T142:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0588.JPG?raw=1]

Very interesting. Elkad swapped to Police State. The question is who will be hit by the hammer. hammer And hey I took a tile from Superdeath, which conviently lets me have a look at his city of Thor. Neat.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0589.JPG?raw=1]

Not sign of Shallow's army. Last time I saw it 3N of Grim Grotto, but now there was nobody.

You may have noticed that I stopped doing big micro plans with my spreadsheet. Don't be afraid I will still update the current state of the game, but microplanning is getting a lot of work. Here are my detailed reasons:
  • I have quite a few calculation errors in my gold calculation, which in turn makes planning for the techs a bit harder.
  • Most of my workers are desperately looking for work to do, so they don't need a heavy micro plan right now.
  • Most of my cities have all the important improvements and buildings they need
  • With every city microplanning gets a lot more time-consuming.
  • I'm half way into unit building, which does not need that much planning.

Buy me a coffee

I think you should only post what you're willing to post. Saving demographics every turn and -- if you can -- what you're doing every turn is valuable, I think. if only so you can look back to see what you might want to change for next time -- but entertainment purposes make it very nice!
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

Oh, don't get me wrong I will still report these things about the game. I just stopped micro planning. For most lurkers there should be no difference in entertainment.

Buy me a coffee

Yeah as work has picked up, my contribution has declined. My apology for that.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

T143:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0590.JPG?raw=1]

A very quiet turn is coming to an end. Even the offers are getting boring. :P

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0591.JPG?raw=1]

Still no sign of Shallow's army. I somehow doubt that he moved and stationed his whole attack force in Elkad's vision, so I will move west next.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0592.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0593.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0594.JPG?raw=1]

Buy me a coffee

(October 22nd, 2018, 13:29)Zalson Wrote: Yeah as work has picked up, my contribution has declined. My apology for that.

No big deal. That's the way it is. smile

Buy me a coffee

Just a small service annoucement. Anybody who would like to use my spreadsheets for his game planning, feel free to do so and let me know what you think about it or if you find any errors.

Buy me a coffee

T144:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0595.JPG?raw=1]

So Superdeath is also preparing for war. Interesting. contemplate Also as you can see Liquid Flame popped it's borders again revealing more of the astronomy island. And yes those are flood plain tundras under the deers.

I'm still looking for Shallow's army, but didn't find it. What I found are horse archers, so he too has them.

Buy me a coffee