As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

Who's winning (the post count war)?

So with my chances of winning this game totally destroyed and this being my 800 reply in this thread, let's focus on the real and important war of POST COUNTS. Just for comparisson this quote from T125:

(October 6th, 2018, 02:45)Charriu Wrote: Who's winning (the post count war)?

So how are we doing at that front. Let's look at the numbers:

1. Charriu (666 replies, 12371 views): Clearly we are winning this by a long shot. Even if I would be eliminated right now, I would still keep a high place with the speed the others are posting. The only downside is my replies/views ratio, but we'll get to that.
  2. Coeurva/OT4E/Elkad (313 replies, 5252 views): Since Coeurva's departure his thread is gone quite. With our new "greenie" on bord we have to see how much he's posting. A little more competition would be nice.
  3. Magic (256 replies, 4565 views): Solid reporting by the numbers and with RFS demise he will remain a solid 3rd place or even overtake Elkad.
  4. RFS (226 replies, 3493 views): Good reporting so far, but with his standing in the game his replies went down. Still he is constantly reporting, which is a good sign.
  5. Superdeath (147 replies, 2334 views): Like in PB38 and PB39 his replies count is very low. That's mostly because his writing style needs  a bit more structure and daily writing discipline.
  6. Shallow (124 replies, 2901 views): I'm very much surprised. His post count does not represent his standing in the game. But even with his few replies he achieved more views then Superdeath.
Looking at the replies/views ratio is also very interesting:

1. Shallow (0.0427438814201999)
  2. Charriu (0.0538355832188182)
  3. Magic (0.056078860898138)
  4. Elkad (0.0595963442498096)
  5. Superdeath (0.0629820051413882)
  6. RFS (0.0427438814201999)

And here are the new numbers:

1. Charriu (800 replies, 15179 views): Still in a comfurtable lead of double the replies to the next place. Unfortunately as you will see my replies/view ratio dropped. I see two reasons for that. First I'm on the loosing side of the game and second I started posting a lot more with all of these new posts (Who's winning?, SML goals, graphs and cities)
  2. Coeurva/OT4E/Elkad (369 replies, 6760 views): Thanks to Elkad this thread picked up speed again, which is great to see.
  3. Magic (296 replies, 5786 views): This is one of the threads that I'm most curious about. How did his early wars go? What where his defenses now? And how did he make it to the astrononmy islands?
  4. RFS (240 replies, 4183 views): Even after his departure he's still at 4th place. Shame on those below him for reporting so few  neenerneener
  5. Shallow (195 replies, 4619 views): His view count is still awesome and that with his few posts.
  6. Superdeath (176 replies, 3204 views): Man, Superdeath, what has happened to you. You are doing great in the game, but your post count dropped even behind Shallow. You should have many great things to say in your thread.
And here the replies/view ratio:

1. Shallow (0.042216930071444)
  2. Magic (0.0511579675077774)
  3. Charriu (0.0527043942288688)
  4. Elkad (0.0545857988165681)
  5. Superdeath (0.0549313358302122)
  6. RFS (0.0573750896485776)
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Graphs and Cities:

Graphs:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0844.JPG?raw=1]

Ha, I'm teching again.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0845.JPG?raw=1]

Shallow is just cementing his lead.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0846.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0847.JPG?raw=1]

All of the top three players are equal in power. Very interesting. And looking at Magic's graph it seems that Superdeath and Magic only gave themselves a staring contest.

Cities:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0848.JPG?raw=1]

I stopped growing in Exdeath as I first need to secure and cottage those two plains in the north after I secured Siren.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0849.JPG?raw=1]

With Exdeath stagnating, Wing Raptor can focus on growing again.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0850.JPG?raw=1]

Magissa is growing back after the constant whipping.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0851.JPG?raw=1]

I have said it again and again, but RFS settled a really beautiful city there.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0852.JPG?raw=1]

I'm starting to connect Sandworm's iron next. Thank god, that Elkad did not go on a pillage tour through my territory when he could.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

T181:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0853.JPG?raw=1]

Superdeath offered me to gift of ivory. I wondered why and looking at diplomacy I noticed that he canceled my wine,ivory for open border deal. I accepted this ivory and he only canceled the resource part of the deal.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0854.JPG?raw=1]

Talking about diplomacy. I noticed that I was wrong about Superdeath not getting anything from Magic. Apparently he will receive 50 gpt from him for the next 10 turns. That a really harsh peace term and I'm glad that I got out of my wars rather cheap if you don't count the loss of cities.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0855.JPG?raw=1]

Talking about war. I positioned my units in strike distance. I can finish a road 1SW of former Siren, which enables me to attack Shallow next turn. He should not be able to see my units here even with his sentry unit in former Siren. This leaves just one question keep former Siren or raze it, if I get the option.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0857.JPG?raw=1]

I also noticed that Shallow moved out some workers with protection west of Liquid Flame. Well if I can kill some workers while doing my attack I will gladly do that. I will propably also send him an immediate peace offer after the attack as I don't want to draw his attention on me immediately. It will also take quite some time to bomb down former Karlabos and by that time he has reinforcements.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0856.JPG?raw=1]

Also while we are on the topic of Shallow. This is a reason why he's the top player right now. His capitol has 5 more pop then the next best player; working any good hammer and commerce tile with bureaucracy. Oh and I forgot to mention this but Elkad finished Notre Dame some turns ago.

Buy me a coffee

T182:

Big event hammer

Shallow did not reinforce Siren so I went on the attack after I bombarded it from 50% to 18%

CKN CG1 Drill Cover      vs      Crossbow CG2 = 6.5 Win (1.5 HP) eek
Maceman C2 Shock       vs       Axeman C1 = 99.1 Win (6.9 HP)
Maceman C1      vs      Horse Archer Flank Sentry = 99.1 Win (unharmed)
CKN CG1 Drill      vs      Spearman C2 = 95.7 Win (unharmed)

And Siren is ours again, but I have to admit that I was very lucky in the first fight.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0858.JPG?raw=1]

Walls, granary and forge still intact. That's great. I went on to attack west of Liquid Flame:

CKN CG1 Drill 3      vs      Axeman C1 = 99.6 Win (unharmed)
Swordsman C2 shock      vs      Spearman C2 = 99.2 Win (1.5 HP)

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0860.JPG?raw=1]

I did not delete those two workers, because I hope that I can bring them back to Liquid Flame. After those attacks I offered Shallow peace. I had planned to offer peace immediately, because I don't think I can make up more ground right now against him. Maybe he accepts it, because Siren was under heavy culture pressure from me anyway. But as it turned out after I captured Siren I found another reason to offer peace immediately:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0859.JPG?raw=1]

Yes, that's Superdeath one trick pony army right at my doorstep. The good thing is he may not have anticipated my culture to be that close to his army and hoped to hide it. The biggest problem of his army like in the past war is that there are absolutely no cats in sight, but he has way more units then I have. To counter his efforts I immediately did the following stuff:
  • Cancel our open border agreement immediately. I don't need him to see where my units are before he attacks and he obviously took advantage of our open border agreement. Remind me not to offer him open border anytime soon. Argh 
  • Moved some more spearmen to Siren
  • Started collecting more gold, so that I can upgrade my best spearmen in Siren.
  • Pikemen production was started. I can whip the first pikemen next turn in Sandworm and Wing Raptor.
Knowing Superdeath there is a big chance that he just rams his knights into me, which will hurt him too.

EDIT: Forget to mention this, but Shallow's workers finished the plantation on the bananas for me. smile

Buy me a coffee

Woohoo! vengeance is yours!

Why are you building a temple there?
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

I only put something in after i captured it. Changed it to a pikeman later.

Buy me a coffee

T183:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0861.JPG?raw=1]

Just as expected Superdeath declared war on me. But there are some more unexpected things. Elkad took Magic's capitol eek . Oh boy that capitol was a very nice production site (1W of the copper). Shallow also accepted my peace treaty. Yeah Heysexy 

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0862.JPG?raw=1]

I also got quite a few deals from everybody else:
  • Pig for Crab from Elkad
  • Iron for Iron from Magic.
  • Stone for Marble from Shallow
  • Sugar for Corn from Shallow
I accepted all of these deals. Let's look at what Superdeath has brought to the table.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0863.JPG?raw=1]

It's the same units we already saw at the border. I thought a while about attacking with my CKN, but I did not go through with. I also thought about retreating to Exdeath, but I did not for the following reasons:
  • I get much better odds staying in the city, with it's 18% defense and no siege in Superdeath stack compared to attacking his stack.
  • Of course I get better odds staying in Exdeath, but that opens up his way to take Wing Raptor.
For defense I did the following:
  • As his stack is mounted only I also promoted appropriately.
  • My best spearmen was upgraded to pikemen.
  • 3 more pikemen where whipped in Exdeath, Wing Raptor and Sandworm. 2 of those can be in the action next turn.
  • I slammed my 4 trebuchets into his stack damaging some of his better knights. I know he has a Medic in his stack. But I get to that.
  • More troops are coming to the scene from Liquid Flame.
My hope is that I can delay his attack for another turn. Another turn will give me 2 more pikemen and another from an upgrade. If he does not attack there is the possibility that he moves his stack to the hill 1SE of Siren. But we deal with that if it happens. To be honest I expect Superdeath to just slam everything into my stack, which will at least hurt him too.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0864.JPG?raw=1]

Just to mess with Superdeath I send him this 4gpt for peace deal. neenerneener

Buy me a coffee

Looks like Superdeath took Siren. He was in there for 20 minutes and propably just rammed everything against me.

Buy me a coffee

T184:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0865.JPG?raw=1]

I think I managed to annoy him. mischief 

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0866.JPG?raw=1]

As expected Superdeath slammed everything into me. So let's see Superdeath's casualties:
  • 3 Knights
  • 9 HA
  • 5 HA withdrawn
To be honest I had hoped for more. I'm especially annoyed about the 5 retreating HA. Those were my kills Argh Especially those of my pikemen. I did not look at every single fight, but my pikemen had over 98% odds in his first 3 battles, but none the less the HA managed to damage it enough.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0867.JPG?raw=1]

The good thing is that most of his units are wounded, so he will propably take 1 or 2 turns of healing, which means more pikemen for me.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0868.JPG?raw=1]

Superdeath was also looking for an easy grab at Liquid Flame, but not on my watch:

Spearman C2     vs     Horse Archer C2 Shock = 74.7 WIN (1.3 HP)

Well you won't see what I have in Liquid Flame that way. bang 

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0869.JPG?raw=1]

I'm curious about the graphs from next turn. As you can see Elkad and Magic had a mayor fight over his capitol. And just like against me Shallow seems to have an easy time against Magic, too. Oh and I noticed that Shallow is working on Nationalism. Told you he's propably the tech leader. Right now I'm working on tech vision against Superdeath.

Buy me a coffee

ILLEGAL MOVE FROM SUPERDEATH! IMMEDIATE LURKER THREAD SANCTIONS!

:P you really annoyed him into BREAKING THE VERY RULES he asked for. Asking for all of your cities for peace is NOT ALLOWED.

I think the only thing that is fair is that he gives us all of his cities in return.

/sarcasm and joking

I do find it amusing that he is suggesting that we give him all his cities when he pointedly asked for no diplo window trading.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com