As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

T198:

So first of all I double moved Shallow, but I talked with him and everything is fine. After all I still had the turn split with Superdeath.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0933.JPG?raw=1]

Hey that's unfair. That's my holy shrine. rant  At least I got really lucky against Superdeath when he attacked my galley with his trireme. So blockading his city really does annoy him. Great. mischief I wonder if Shallow will actually take the effort of destroying my galley.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

T199:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0934.JPG?raw=1]

Shallow took Magissa last turn to no one's surprise. And he also killed my galley. Superdeath also finished another trireme in Hawkeye (former Wing Raptor) and this time managed to kill my galley. Still to my surprise Superdeath is occasionally investing espionage into me. You should check your espionage prios more often.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0935.JPG?raw=1]

Back at Liquid Flame Shallow and Superdeath did not move any closer, which surprised me. But look at who has brought his army (highlighted) in the north: It's Elkad. So we may get a great battle between 4 armies around my city. Crazy. crazyeye

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

T200:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0936.JPG?raw=1]

So apparently Superdeath also build a galley, propabely to attack Magissa. Seems like Shallow has to thank me later, I may accidently have delayed Superdeath, so that Shallow had enough time to take Magissa.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0937.JPG?raw=1]

Elkad has left my sight and Shallow still hasn't moved. They must be totally scared in front of my mighty army. Muahahahahaha. devil

Buy me a coffee

Graphs and Cities:

Graphs:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0939.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0940.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0941.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0942.JPG?raw=1]

Cities:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0938.JPG?raw=1]

Buy me a coffee

T201:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0943.JPG?raw=1]

Finally some movement. Shallow is bringing in the siege and Superdeath saw this and it looks like he wants to come through the north from Elkad.

Buy me a coffee

T202:

I think you will love this turn as there was actual blood and carnage. butcher2 

Let's start with the beginning of the turn:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0944.JPG?raw=1]

A peace offer. Really Shallow???? Now? I thought a bit about it and my thinking was maybe Superdeath does not know of Shallow's retreat and I would like to keep Superdeath in the dark and walze in with his knights so my pikemen can prey on them. Therefore I rejected.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0945.JPG?raw=1]

So Superdeath stack disappeared (propably north of his knight), but closer inspection of Shallow's stack revealed that all of his knights were gone. devil I still have 5 CKN so it's time for an attack:

CKN Drill 2 CG1 Cover     vs     Crossbowman Guerilla = 86.7 Win (5 HP) 5 units damaged promotion
CKN Drill 2 CG1 Cover     vs     Crossbowman = 86.7 Win (0.9 HP) 5 units damaged promotion
CKN Drill 3 CG1 Formation      vs      Crossbowman = 73 Win (2.4 HP) 5 units damaged
CKN Drill 3 CG1 Formation      vs      Crossbowman = 84.8 Win (4.9 HP) 5 units damaged
CKN CG1 Drill 1      vs      Crossbowman = 79.2 Win (0.3 HP) 5 units damaged promotion
Maceman C2      vs      Catapult = 99.2 Win (5.8 HP)
Maceman C1 Shock     vs     Catapult = 99.2 Win (6.9 HP)
Maceman C2 Formation      vs     Catapult = 99.5 Win (5.8 HP)
Maceman C2 Formation      vs     Pikeman C2 = 99.9 Win (5.9 HP)
Maceman C2 Shock Formation      vs      Catapult = 99.9 Win (8 HP)
Maceman C1 Shock Charge     vs      Catapult = 99.9 Win (5.9 HP)
Maceman C1 Cover Shock      vs      Trebuchet = 99.6 Win (8 HP) promotion
Longbowman CG1 Drill 1 Shock      vs      Pikeman = 91.8 Win (4 HP) promotion
Pikeman C2      vs      Catapult = 99.2 Win (5.1 HP) promotion

An all out victory:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0946.JPG?raw=1]

I did not move out any more pikemen for protection. First because I don't want to loose the fortifaction bonus on them, second because of Superdeath and third because they would fight on bad terrain. Should Shallow come back with his knights he will only fight units that wouldn't have much of a chance against them any way. But with this attack I destroyed his siege guaranteeing me more turns as a city-state.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0947.JPG?raw=1]

To ensure the survival of my newly promoted units I send Shallow a peace treaty back. Maybe he accepts it without looking for his units.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0948.JPG?raw=1]

This left only a small bit of preparations. First I moved a pikeman 1NE of Liquid Flame. From there I can kill Superdeath knight, who's watching me across the lake and second I change tech to guilds->gunpowder. Maybe I will get there.

EDIT: I've also accumulated a lot of overflow and put it into a colloseum. That extra 1 exp can't hurt in the long run.

Buy me a coffee

City-state FTW!
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

T203:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0949.JPG?raw=1]

Haha, no. Keep your war weariness.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0950.JPG?raw=1]

Well almost everything worked out just as planned. Shallow took the peace and my units were saved. Unfortunately Superdeath moved his knight out of reach of me. I moved another pikeman 1W of Liquid Flame, maybe this time I will get his knight. And notice the stack from Elkad. Now that is intersting. Will Elkad declare war on Shallow. In that case Superdeath will propably join too. What says the power graph:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0952.JPG?raw=1]

Looks like a good lead for Shallow. Will be interesting to see. If Superdeath joins in a war I will try to take some of my cities back from Superdeath. hammer 

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0951.JPG?raw=1]

Oh and I'm at 3/4 for the next GG.

Buy me a coffee

T204:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0953.JPG?raw=1]

Superdeath finally retreated his knight from my border. I also find it odd that Elkad retreated all of his longbowmen from Oasis 2.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0954.JPG?raw=1]

Sadly more knights and cuirasseurs appeared in Superdeath territory, so no reconquista for now. I hope he uses these to eliminate me first. Being killed before the games have to be transfered to a new server would be nice.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0955.JPG?raw=1]

We've made an impact on Shallow's power ranking. Superdeath is also kicking in unit production as you can see from his power rating.

Buy me a coffee

T205:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0956.JPG?raw=1]

Thanks Magic. Every little bit helps.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0957.JPG?raw=1]

So absolutely nothing interesting happened in the world and around me. I still wonder why Superdeath isn't just coming in with his ships and blockade my city, which would deny me all those sweet moai hammers. He stationed some more units in Wing Raptor so a reconquista is out of the picture. I need something fun to do for the next turns. Both to entertain you and me. Maybe if I get to guilds I build some knights, call them the 4 horsemen and start some uproar in Superdeath's backyard.

Buy me a coffee