As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

Oh I forgot it starts with a smithy now. Yes it had a smithy.

5.51b
-Fixed bug, Knights unit was missing a figure.

Is the Barracks supposed to replace the Fighters Guild on the city display? (Meaning, if you have a barracks, you can't sell your fighters guild?)

No, definitely not. Armorer's Guild does that.

I'm not COMPLETELY sure of this but it appears:

If you have a barracks and a fighters guild, the fighters guild is replaced by the barracks (see my orc city named Krong, used to be Oberics capital)
If you have a barracks, a fighters guild, and a colosseum, none of them are replaced and you can see all 3. (see my klackon city)
If you have a war college and a fighters guild, the barracks is replaced by the war college, and you can still see the fighters guild. (see numerous barbarian cities)

Attached Files
.gam   SAVE7.GAM (Size: 151.96 KB / Downloads: 1)

Except for the first, all of those work as intended.

For the first, I suspect that city had an Armorer's Guild, which got destroyed in battle, and then the replaced status on the Fighter's Guild failed to update somehow.

Yes, it seems to be a bug with that.

Essentially, at end of turn, all buildings with "destroyed" as their status, will check if they replaced something and clear that status if necessary. If the building changes from "destroyed" to "queued" or anything else meanwhile, for example by the automatic requeueing, it'll keep the replaced building broken.
This is actually a fairly serious bug as it makes the "replaced" buildings invincible to being destroyed - they'll never reappear to be a valid target for the remaining game.

I think the easiest way to fix is to force checking the replacement based on "built" status, not "destroyed". Wasn't originally planning to, but I'll aim to have the next version ready within 24 hours.

Yeah the first was the only one that was an issue, I was just trying to confirm that in most cases things seemed to work correctly.

And yes, I actually sold the armorers guild some time ago and forgot to check for fighters guild until now.

Quote:5.52
-When prisoners are found, the more powerful heroes have a turn limitation for the earliest turn they can appear.
-Fixed bug : Replaced buildings sometimes fail to reappear when the building replcing them is destroyed or sold.
-Spellweaver no longer reduces the cost of Summon Hero and Summon Champion (they are summoning spells, kinda.)
-Unit sound effects/animation types are now included in the unit tables instead of being a bunch of hardcoded variable settings that fills the table on runtime. Please report if any unit has an incorrect sound, I might have made mistakes when copying the numbers into the table.
-When a unit that already finished their turn enters a battle as an attacker anyway (usually carried into it by a flying boat), that unit will count as “not involved” for the battle the same way units on board of a normal boat in a sea battle behave. (I'm aware this is not a perfect solution, but better than letting the same unit fight multiple battles, completely disregarding game rules. It also makes the most sense out of the possible solutions flavor-wise : the army is too exhausted to participate, but can still be moved on board of a ship.)
-Fixed bug : Fire Elementals fail to appear in lairs and nodes.
-Dwarves now receive a 50% bonus to taxes instead of 100%.

I had no time to play a game with these changes, so do report any bugs if found.

I just installed Caster of Magic.
In the first turns of the game, random new buildings appeared in main city, without construction.
Also, after first city construction, more new buildings appeared.
Is it a game feature or bug?