As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

Bug. Let me investigate, it's only been an hour since the previous update.

Most likely this is responsible : "-Fixed bug : Replaced buildings sometimes fail to reappear when the building replcing them is destroyed or sold."

Fixed and reuploaded. Let me know if there are any more bugs.

I can't remove the dwarf's axe - I get the popup that he drowns - despite the axe not giving any movement and the dwarf being on a boat.

Attached Files
.gam   SAVE5.GAM (Size: 151.96 KB / Downloads: 0)

Found the bug, will be fixed for next release. One additional byte was removed form the code when space was being made for the "no item transfer on done heroes" feature.

In the same game, Sssra's asked me the spell 'true sight' (offering only hell hounds) but when I try to exchange it with him he never seems to be interested in it. Is that normal?

Yes. Depending on relation, the AI might be willing to offer better trades on their own than what you can get if you are the one asking.

...wait that situation sounds reversed. I have to assume the AI meanwhile learned True Sight on their own...or you learned Hell Hounds. I checked and True Sight is definitely worth more than Hell Hounds, even if the +5 modifier applies on either side.

Yes sometimes I have the impression that AI spell trade choices are "stuck".

Anyhow happy new year!

I encountered a bug with (at least) 5.52: I cast the create lesser magical item spell to create a misc item with +3 to resistance and resist elements spell and what I got was item that does those but also buffs all the other stats with seemingly random values like hundred and more to attack and similarly for defense.

Do you have the save files for the turns while you were creating the item? The "backup saves" feature should make one every turn unless turned off. Would be nice if I could find when and how those stats got added - I tried making the same item and mine works correctly so it's likely data corruption from something unrelated.

Unfortunately, I don't have the save files anymore. The erratic stats showed first when the game presented the casting complete window with the new item's stats. I didn't notice other obvious bugs or data corruption in the game besides also encountering #2,397 after that when I put the item on a hero in a boat. I recycled the item for mana after trying it in combat (it worked as per stats, a god mode item) and the game worked fine after that for hours. The casting took quite many turns, maybe around 15. So maybe data corruption but maybe also could be not zeroing item's stats before applying the +3 resistance + spell on some code path because the +3 resistance showed correct, it was the other stats that did not. I've never seen this bug before with MoM and it was my first CoM game.