As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

(January 6th, 2019, 06:32)Seravy Wrote: Weird, can I have a save file for that?

Move twice the sprites, then attack: you'll have only the swordsmen and the triremes in the fight.

Another little thing: undead dark elves aren't scouting 2, I think it used to work.

Attached Files
.gam   SAVE9.GAM (Size: 151.96 KB / Downloads: 1)

Oh, I understand. Units with 0 move left getting carried into battle still doesn't allow them to fight. This was the workaround we added 2 versions ago.

Question is, do we want to keep that as a rule or not. It can't be abused to let a unit fight twice anymore, so probably no need?

I'd say no need, all in all it looks like we cleaned up the transport system very well smile

Funnily, of the undead dark elf swordsmen some scout at distance 2 and some scout at distance 1...

Attached Files
.gam   SAVE2.GAM (Size: 151.96 KB / Downloads: 1)

Scouting is actually a variable stat on units (for no reason), that is set at unit creation.
Probably the unit tables in magic.exe and wizards.exe are still different making the starting swordsmen have a different amount of scouting?

Yeah the starting dark elf units dont get it. I can't remember if swordsmen created from settlers get it, but other swordsmen that are built do.

Oh, yes the swordsmen made from settlers most likely don't. We didn't want to waste a unit slot to have a specialized dark elf settler.

Maybe they meant to make it a growing ability on heroes... Oh well, minor deal.

Why did you give scouting to dark elves? Rather than forestry?

One very common trope of dark elves is that they're underground (so no forestry), and paranoid (underground is full of nasties) and need to keep an eye on everything around them. Scouting makes sense to me. Also distinguishes them from high elves.

AI is willing to give me Plane Shift, in return for Heavenly Light. Is that intended? I feel like Plane Shift might have the wrong trade value?

Heavenly Light is 19, Plane Shift is 29. Is that a trade offered to you by an ally? (or otherwise positive relation? Relaxed etc.)

PS suffers from a -5 being a spell you can research normally, but that still assumes a +20% bonus from relation.

Unless another modifier I forgot about applies. Maybe there is another -5 if you're currently researching it?