As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

No I asked him for plane shift; he wanted one of : heavenly light, stream of life, raise dead, or altar of peace in return.

Im not researching it although it's in my book. I have a wizard pact that I got this turn with him.

Let me check...

If the spell is visible in your book already, it's a -5, if the spell won't ever be available, it's a +5. So that's a total of 10 difference, exactly the amount needed to close the gap of 10 difference.

That's all the modifiers btw, there is nothing else left in the system. (except the diplomacy modifier if the AI makes the offer)

btw considering Heavenly Light makes it quite a lot harder to conquer the AI's cities, I think it's a good deal for the AI.

Huh. Fair enough. And yeah I would give raise dead over heavenly light - his normal units don't seem overly dangerous, and I'd rather he cast that instead of some damage spell.

Quote:5.54
-Armorer's Guild and Fantastic Stables can now be built only on turn 72 or later (1406 January). This is an experimental solution to the problem of the game having no technology/ military related research and advancement. Clearly the top tier units aren't meant to be built at the very beginning of the game, but production costs are the “per instance” cost of the building, not for granting access to the tier, so they aren't suitable for this purpose. I'm aware this isn't a very good solution, but anything else we discussed is worse.
-Fixed 5.51 bug : Heavenly Light grants the magic weapon bonus to fantastic units.
-Removed 5.52 feature : “When a unit that already finished their turn enters a battle as an attacker anyway (usually carried into it by a flying boat), that unit will count as “not involved” for the battle the same way units on board of a normal boat in a sea battle behave.”. It's no longer necessary as it's now impossible to carry units that already attacked into another battle using ships.
-All Barbarian basic units now have +1 to Hit to compensate for having no Alchemist Guild.
-Alchemy has no effect on Barbarian cities.
-Barbarian cities can now build Magic Markets and Wizard's Guilds.
-New Barbarian unit : Gladiators. 3 Figures, 6 HP, 6 Armor, 5 attack, 5 Thrown, +2 To Hit, Large Shield, 3 movement, pathfinding. Requires Colosseum. Costs 120.
-New Barbarian unit : Spellserkers. 4 Figures, 4 HP, 4 Armor, 3 attack, 5 Thrown, +1 To Hit, 3 movement, pathfinding, Caster 20, Missile Immunity. Requires Wizard's Guild. Costs 120.

The Barbarian related changes are not yet tested for balance and might get adjusted in the future as necessary. Please let me know what you think about them in the Barbarians thread.

The 5.54 download appears to be a January 3, 2019 version with no new barbarian units.

Purify doesn't seem to work on the latest version. I have a stack of 8 and have been trying to purify the same desert tile for about 5 turns.
Each turn I have to click "purify" again and it doesn't tell you how many turns like I think it used to.

I'm using nomad priests if that makes a difference.

Are you on a tower? They can screw up purify.

Reuploaded, it seems the new wizards.exe was missing from the previous upload.

Purify never tells you how many turns. However the important question do they actually turn into purify status?
If not then probably the addition to prevent 0 move units from receiving the command has a bug. Unless you actually select and click it on move 0 units in which case it's not working as intended.

I don't think it does, the next turn I need to give it orders again and the land is still not purified. Even if there is just one priest and you expect it to take a few turns it asks for orders again the next turn.

By the way is there a bug with engineers building roads? If I set them to build and then another unit comes onto the same tile and you click "done" it seems to set the engineers to done too and the next turn you need to tell them to build again with the original length of time to build the same. I need to test to confirm this though...

Engineers always had some sort of a problem with stopping the road sometimes, I'm not entirely sure if this is a new or old problem. You have to have the engineers not selected when you press done otherwise, pressing done on engineers makes them stop the road, or something like that. I don't remember...

I'll ask again, do the units you order to Purify, actually start doing it? Do you see a "P" on the unit? (in the same turn, not the next one)