As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

I asked someone with IDA+hex rays to try the decompilation and the result is:

Decompilation failure:
13EC7: only 32-bit functions can be decompiled

So going to need a different decompiler, one that supports 16-bit DOS .exe.

I did some research and tried several dos .exe compatible decompilers that gave some hope of giving compiling C source.

DOS executable decompiler Dcc (last active 2018)
- Decompilation gives error "unknown instruction FE"
Reko decompiler (active)    
- Decompilation gives multiple unsupported features errors

Untested:

Asm2c (last active 2017), has been successfully used to decompile Mr Boom DOS game into C source.
I couldn't figure out the build system (x code? swift?)

So unless asm2c works, there doesn't seem to be a working decompiler for MOM or DOS games in general.

Quote: I'm not going to do that unless someone pays me for it.

are you actually really open to it? what about if someone organizes a crowdfunding for THAT?

(January 15th, 2019, 14:02)Domon Wrote:
Quote: I'm not going to do that unless someone pays me for it.

are you actually really open to it? what about if someone organizes a crowdfunding for THAT?

Then I'll actually have an income and don't need to worry about my future? (yes it is going to be that much work) And we even get a better game out of it? That sounds like a win-win scenario to me.

(January 15th, 2019, 07:52)merlinp Wrote: I asked someone with IDA+hex rays to try the decompilation and the result is:

Decompilation failure:
13EC7: only 32-bit functions can be decompiled

So going to need  a different decompiler, one that supports 16-bit DOS .exe.

Yes, exactly the same for me I already tried that.

Hello Seravy,

I love the fight against monsters for great rewards. Is there a chance to increase the limit of encounter zones (lairs, dungeons, keeps and caves) and give them more items?

I think a "strong magic" setting at start does that - at least for nodes.

(January 19th, 2019, 15:43)Bahgtru Wrote: I think a "strong magic" setting at start does that - at least for nodes.

I thought its limited to 57 encounter zones and 32 nodes? (values from masterofmagic.wikia.com)

30 nodes, and the number of lairs (or zones as you call them) is based on size. I want to say on huge there's 100, but that could have been reduced, we've had a variety of changes based on treasure distribution.

No matter what size, an additional 3 lairs are then generated around the human players capital.

Supply commander doesn't seem to be working correctly. My slingers still have 6 shots even with the Orc Archer present in battle.

Edit: It seems the wrong shots are only during the first turn, after that it corrects itself adding on the 2.