As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

If you summon anything let's say a war bear you will not be able to select it the turn it was summoned but you still can give orders to it if it was selected by a turn order.

Attached Files
.gam   SAVE1.GAM (Size: 151.96 KB / Downloads: 0)

Aether flux event doesn't half the cost of a spell already started. Is this intended?

Also in 5.44 if you have alchemy your cities dont produce adamantium/mithrill units. May be even without alchemy ...  didnt check that

(January 20th, 2019, 08:16)Sapher Wrote: Also in 5.44 if you have alchemy your cities dont produce adamantium/mithrill units. May be even without alchemy ...  didnt check that

The Alchemy retort doesn't grant the special weapons.  Only the Alchemist's Guild, iirc.

Yea, ofc my city has that. It is just that the last update changed something about magic weapons and alchemy but it was connected with barbarians. But looks like not only them.
Just checked - without alchemy mirthrill/adamantium works as usual. If that is intended that is a rather big nerf to an alchemy.

A higher magic power setting does increase the amount of monsters and treasure in nodes, yes.

Ammo bonus abilities apply at the end of turn 1, there was no other way to implement it.

That alchemy thing sounds like a bug - probably overwrites the weapon type instead of only upgrading it.
...yes, there was a leftover line of code at the end of the correct code that was setting magic weapons no matter what. This probably also corrupts memory if the race isn't barbarian by setting the same byte in city data to 1 frown
...that is the city power income, upper byte. Assuming the income is recalculated some time after making the unit but before the amount of produced, it's safe. Otherwise you'd have already reported getting thousands of mana out of nothing.

AEther Flux like all cost reductions, applies once at the time you start casting the spell. It is sometimes worth cancelling and restarting the spell to apply the effect.

I'll read the remaining threads then upload the fixed version if there is nothing else urgent to fix.

...omg I only looked away to play a different game for a few days and there is yet another Sapher game uploaded. Will it be spiders this time? They can't possibly be as good as wolves were before nerfing, not without regeneration, I hope...

Quote:5.54c
-Fixed 5.44 Bug : Barbarian Spearmen don't have their +1 To Hit bonus.
-Fixed 5.44 Bug : Purify doesn't work for human players.
-Fixed 5.44 Bug : Alchemist disables mithril/admantium
-Fixed 5.44 Bug : Newly summoned units don't have their “had combat this turn” flag reset which might prevent selecting them.

Uploaded!

Great stuff.

Another thing I've noticed. If the Huntress has a weapon with a spell on it then you cannot use that spell until she has used the web spell (because it goes straight to choosing web instead of opening the spellbook menu).

I'm not sure if it is a bug or a changed feature but runemaster + all life books and choosing unicorns and prayer doesn't initially grant said spells but only makes them available to research.

Changed features. Common spells granted by high number of books start known in your spellbook. Rare spells granted by high number of books are guaranteed to be researchable at some point in your spellbook, as are Uncommon spells granted by up to 7 books. Uncommon spells granted by 8+ books are guaranteed to be researchable in your spellbook on turn 1.

However, the wording available on the spell selection screen is hard coded and can't be changed to make this more readily obvious to players unaware of the details of the features.