As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

41 Vice: Commodicator/Pindore

(February 1st, 2019, 13:19)Zed-F Wrote: That’s mostly relevant for your 4-5 main commerce cities, right? How do markets compare to courthouses in cities that don’t yet have them?

That's true, I'm not really touching on whether the city wants to build a commerce multiplier at all. And I'm also not addressing the diminishing returns that gold multiplier buildings get that T-Hawk wrote about years ago - that as markets and banks help you drive your science rate higher they also become less effective because you are turning less of your commerce into gold. And I'm also not touching on the fact that Wealth builds really tilt the balance towards science multipliers. One reason I wrote that up was it is an easy problem to solve for sure to the narrow scope. And it went against what our gut reaction was: a new tech building opened up that we get a bonus to build must be better, right? Well turns out it wasn't right.

Courthouses vs Markets gets more complicated to compare because you're adding in more variables. You need to look at the difference in hammer cost vs the amount of commerce generated vs the amount of city maintenance, and then all that changes based on what your slider is at. I've got a neat spreadsheet set up to show this, but I'm at work and don't have a good way of displaying it until I get home tonight.

And really, what we should look at if we wanted to build wealth buildings is teching Banking because banks are fast more efficient at converting commerce to gold.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Well, on the plus side, mints are really nice in this economic situation.

Our current military is a touch...monopolar. If we're going invade, we need better than this.
[Image: lE1Ux7v.jpg]
Knight prebuilds are starting right now.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(January 24th, 2019, 21:40)Commodore Wrote: Pindicator might be able to report a bit more, but for now, BEFORE:

(February 1st, 2019, 01:33)pindicator Wrote:
So it appears that GNP is improved by 50, MFG by...105!, and Crop by 42 since you pushed the GA button.

How did you manage to boost your MFG that much? Mints help, sure, but I wouldn't expect almost doubling from Mints.  You've been growing onto workshops?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

I think our Knight invasion plan is about 15 turns too slow...

Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

On the plus side, Gavagai isn't going to be capturing any cottages.

Defensive depth/territory claim logic calls for us to go ahead and settle/conquer Elephant Island now. Horse archers will do for the flatland Avar, but Minoan needs knights.
[Image: e7A3tM6.jpg]
Boy I hope Gavagai slows his roll.

Gavagai isn't going to slow his roll. But, somehow, stupidly, he's also getting rolled. In the worthless southern cities, but still...
[Image: wOrCKDb.jpg]
...although upon reflection that's kind of an awesome city, eventually. We might want to route the westernmost galleon, currently with two veteran horse archers and the GG axe, over to snipe it. This has to be annoying for Gavagai, even though I'm sure he knows that Pong the Wonder City is eight billion times more valuable to him.

We gained +57 points at the turn roll. From population growth. Chichen Itza cannot come soon enough. Not all those population are particularly helpful this second, of course. Poor Stevenson is going to take approximately forever to work all of its cottages, for example. But more pop is still very very good.
[Image: xIcTG3H.jpg]
Guilds in three turns if we're successful at capturing Avar and getting decent gold. It's kind of silly that we're still relying on barbarian city captures for economic fuel, but I won't look this gift horse in the mouth.

Waiting on Donovan Zoi again, for him to play another of his four-hour turns (not hyperbole at all). Will the game survive the massive slowdown long enough for him to get killed?

His PYFT quotient does seem to be getting up there. He could probably stand to have a partner when signing up for one of these games who can steer him away from too much wonder-building and play turns when he can’t.

(February 5th, 2019, 09:11)Commodore Wrote: Will the game survive the massive slowdown long enough for him to get killed?
If I understand it correctly, he's fighting a war on two fronts, with considerable land and sea mobility on both sides of the war and at least local superiority.  That sounds like a recipe for maximum complexity in a war.  If Gavagai kills enough of his stuff to limit his options, then the turns will go faster.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Pindicator actually noticed when I didn't; he's at peace with BGNu now. Gavagai plays incredibly fast, he's got typically 22 hours to play, but duder insists on always being last to end turn. A lurker should probably talk to him about this.