As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

41 Vice: Commodicator/Pindore

It's hard not to notice that when someone else has asked for a pause, DZ will still delay his turn as well

Edit: it could be something as simple as him being signed up for too many games right now  If he's feeling stretched thin then he just may be grabbing every break he can find. I don't necessarily think it's intentionally gaming the clock
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

We're back! Thank goodness my counter-offer was accepted and I'm working again, or else I'd have done more interviews than civ turns this week. dance

Logging in, we find that Rustru have entered a golden age. We're down in MFG now, as the Celts are enjoying their own changeover. Our mint-building-spree shows clearly in the demos; I wonder if the demos will show a similar improvement on the Celtic Side. He's still hammering away at BGN, for whatever that's worth, but I suspect that'll stop as BGN is now second over Gavagai in power.
[Image: Pfbc8iE.jpg]
I still like our overall position at this point; we have almost 50% more land tiles over the Celts. A lot of the land is notably marginal compared to the equatorial goodness that is Celtia, but I also feel like a 25% advantage in population is pretty accurate.
[Image: 1pd3fn9.jpg]
Until the draft, I feel like we're going to have a field production edge. Pindicator and I have spoken about potentially going to Nationalism via Divine Right, actually, for Versailles and maybe Islam. I dunno, it's weird, but this kind of speculation happens when a dude holds up RB gaming for a week.

Speaking of, we have eyes on Atlantis and it's...pretty meh. We still want it, don't get me wrong, but mostly for the strategic position at the entrance to Lake Commodictor. It's a cow/fish flatland meh town otherwise.
[Image: ZDO4d4e.jpg]

I didn't think we'd manage it, but with the settlement of Garner here it sure looks like we've managed to solidly claim all of Silver Island without contesting from Rusten. The hilly fish spot is Sherman's chopped next settler, but thanks to the Forbidden Palace all these little spots are worthwhile. Every city, even Hobart, still has room to grow. It's not a ton but we're still going to be able to build galleons and muskets.
[Image: s6ddZgr.jpg]

Reacquainting myself with the Vice Empire has been a delightful thing. We welcome any questions you all have; things are humming along with a breakneck dash to Guilds and after that I hope to be able to incorporate most of what you see in Lake Commodicator and El Pindore Norte.
[Image: AzF9sZ5.jpg]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(February 7th, 2019, 17:29)Commodore Wrote: We're back! Thank goodness my counter-offer was accepted and I'm working again, or else I'd have done more interviews than civ turns this week. dance
Excellent news!

How does your new job compare to the old?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(February 7th, 2019, 17:58)Mardoc Wrote:
(February 7th, 2019, 17:29)Commodore Wrote: We're back! Thank goodness my counter-offer was accepted and I'm working again, or else I'd have done more interviews than civ turns this week. dance
Excellent news!

How does your new job compare to the old?

Well, so far all I can tell about the work is that HR has a ton of paperwork. But I'm optimistic.

Well then. Rusten just settled two cities, matching us with 26 total (we'll settle 27 next turn). I'm pretty happy with Rusten's Reach here...I dub this new town "Lightning Rod of Hate". We keep going around about this area but I'm starting to lean strongly in the "keep the hell away from here" direction.
[Image: FSfpciV.jpg]

Where we DO have a clear interest is El Pindore Norte. BGN and Rusten made peace, as you all see above. Now BGN is massing in Merole Hardiman, no doubt trying to sweet west and knock over the relatively weak Donovan holdings here. That's...not acceptable.
[Image: H8O2uvM.jpg]
Pindicator, what do you think for invasion? I see two options; using OB with BGN to fork Dragon's Lair/Tron, and/or landing 1N of Vanguard, which handily also forks Krull. I expect we have enough time to pull all seven horse archers, the GG axe, and maybe...seven knights? Five galleons should do wonders for us there.

Hey guys, I think Gavagai is harboring some ill will from last game

So ... kill him next?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(February 8th, 2019, 23:19)pindicator Wrote: So ... kill him next?
Yes. Although...

So we've been working hard. We've been tracking tech costs, counting coins, timing build queues. Everything set for a mass of knights. Some the turn we land Guilds, even...

...just one thing a turn off.
[Image: PoZdd38.jpg]
So we have six more horse archers, now... twirl twirl twirl

Oopsie!

lol
fnord

tongue Ok, so what does the revised plan look like? hammer

(February 9th, 2019, 12:48)Zed-F Wrote: tongue Ok, so what does the revised plan look like? hammer

More or less the same, just more horse archers in the mix.