As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

41 Vice: Commodicator/Pindore

(February 11th, 2019, 16:11)pindicator Wrote: I've been on Commodore's case for Literature for about 30 turns now. I think the real reason is to give me one less thing to nag him on  lol

I just get to say "I told you so" if we suffer for delaying muskets by45 turns. Or bridges by 4 turns. Or fast roads and castles by 4 turns. Or frigates by 4 turns. Or grenadiers by 4 turns.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(February 11th, 2019, 15:37)superdeath Wrote:
(February 11th, 2019, 15:21)GreyWolf Wrote: Lurking here again, entertaining thread, nice early "duel" war.

bang

Hey, it takes two sides to make a nice war hammer

How about three sides for a nice war? Donovan Zoi just retook Wonder City from Gavagai. Dang, DZ. Gavagai is poking a nervous-making EI our way...
[Image: kV2Lwud.jpg]
Still worth it. I've been subtly "looking around" with a dropped-off horse archer for fifty turns. I just so happened to wander the horse archer here:
[Image: 60jue0v.jpg]
Burnt. After twenty years, Tron was never ever grown. The main event, though, is Vanguard. This city is foodless, but it's a great key to the heartland of Western El Pindore Norte. Knight attempts to break the archer.
[Image: M6jKEBB.jpg]
...and gets broken. Ah well, C2 horse archer doesn't mind the mauled archer. Welcome to the team, Knox. Delighted to see you retained your granary.
[Image: QaBMBvN.jpg]
Landing three galleon-loads into Knox (nee Vanguard), I punched scouts out towards both Dragon's Teeth and Krull. Dragon's Teeth has a single defender, although it's a dismaying CG3 Longbow, fully fortified. That's going to be painful to clear. Krull, however, has a complete mini-stack. Epic set of promotions here has there, but the base strengths and the wounds mean that we can just overwhelm them if need be must. Which will be needful.
[Image: 2HSiVoZ.jpg]
I'm confident in our ability to conquer El Pindore Norte. But Donovan has been scrappy and stubborn, so I do also assume we're going to take some unpleasant losses from him. Even the little stuff...note this 3-move trireme here at the outer edge of nowhere. Still will need to be dealt with.
[Image: KTqwx7W.jpg]
WAR TIME. :woo:

Woo!

That's a bit earlier than I was expecting - I thought I'd have ages of prodding before I finally got a war to watch lol  I guess 13 units can usually beat 7, though, no need to wait for it to be 20 v 9. Lucky the bulk of the units are on flatland!

So I see your plan for the next couple turns  - what's after that?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

what are the city counts?

have you captured/settled elephant island?

are you happy or sad?
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

(February 12th, 2019, 19:03)Lewwyn Wrote: what are the city counts?

have you captured/settled elephant island?

are you happy or sad?

Many, lots, bunches...29 us, 28 Rusten, far less others.

Capture the first; one more to capture and one more to settle.

Happy fundamentally. Sad because turn pace is still icky.

(February 13th, 2019, 15:28)Commodore Wrote: Happy fundamentally. Sad because turn pace is still icky.

At least you get to focus on your awesome new job?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(February 13th, 2019, 16:50)Mardoc Wrote:
(February 13th, 2019, 15:28)Commodore Wrote: Happy fundamentally. Sad because turn pace is still icky.

At least you get to focus on your awesome new job?

Marshall Spaceflight Center is slow for badging; I'll be starting Monday. Now that I'm hired, no hurry, it's just vacation mode. smile

(February 13th, 2019, 18:00)Commodore Wrote: Marshall Spaceflight Center is slow for badging; I'll be starting Monday. Now that I'm hired, no hurry, it's just vacation mode. smile
Well, if I had to pick half of my sentence to be right, at least it was this half:
(February 13th, 2019, 16:50)Mardoc Wrote: your awesome new job
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Well, a single catapult and a very lucky horse archer (got a lot of hits on the knight before withdrawing) messed up the stack enough that Krull needs to wait a little. Galleons ought to prevent further reinforcing, but as has been the theme, Donovan is going to be expensive. On the plus side? Those two crossbows are from Atlantis...
[Image: uqmT1wX.jpg]

Rusten is further solidifying our opinion of him: Outplaying us mechanically, misplaying his diplomacy hand. Yes, please, continue to protect us from a dogpile that Gavagai would 100% join in on.
[Image: x4cS8qC.jpg]