As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

DEATH Realm

I'd be fine with Zombies. I don't think it should be flavorful though - it's zombies.

What does Drain Power do if the target has 0 mana? (I have an enemy (of course the first one to play) who's spamming me fairly non stop with Drain Power, but I have alchemy, so I'm reducing my mana to 0 each turn)

Should do absolutely nothing unless there is a bug.

(fortunately, playing enemy turns with 0 mana is something most strategies cannot afford because they can't cast spells in combat when attacked.)

Any chance of Shadow Demons Loosing Some of their Immunities? The damn things are cheap as dirt for the NPCs, Are completely invunerable to every normal unit based stratagey, Can't be killed with any realms magic besides chaos and Even if you take out 80% of them they're back at full when your next stack attacks.

High powered archers with high defense (generally life buffs, but slingers with tactician or ultra elite, and mithril, will wreck shadow demons.)
If the shadow demons are attacking you, you don't need the high defense - veteran longbowmen with magic weapons and flame blade do a lot of damage before the shadow demons can attack.
Excorcise also wrecks them, as does petrify, they don't regenerate from those either, so you can actually kill 50% of a stack at a time.

I started wondering, if Demon Lords might be better without Cold and/or Poison Immunity.
Being a ranged flying, high movement unit, it's pretty much indestructible by the AI if they don't have very powerful ranged units in the battle. So spells are the only thing the AI can use to damage them. Life, Chaos and Sorcery have common spells that can do so (not very powerful of course, but they do SOME damage.), but Nature and Death has no such thing. Reaper Slash and Cold Bolt are the two single target spells in those realms that deal damage so Cold and Poison Immunity removal can be relevant.
Of course these realms are not entirely without solutions: Call Lighting and Annihilate work but they are very rare so in most cases the AI won't have them, and even if they do, they are not that effective.
On the other hand, we did want Demon Lords to be hard to kill, so idk.

Edit : Nature can also do web+crack's call, it just doesn't really work out because the AI is busy killing the combat summons...

Death countering itself is quite a recurring theme, so not seeing an issue there.

Demons not being undead (or otherwise dead bodies or ghosts), the cold immunity kind of does not make sense. They could have fire immunity instead, for obvious flair.

Does -save item ability count for drain/syphon life and wave of despair (or other non-usual uses of resistance that I can't now think of)?

Yes for drain and syphon and no for wave.

thanks!