As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

I'm little confused if using 5.56c + ship.zip will mean the critical bug is not fixed seeing as ship.zip was not updated.

oh, yes I forgot that, uploading new ship.zip now. The incorrect units will still be in your save file though.

In 1411 there is unsettled group of islands right next to two enemy wizard capitals which seems odd to me (save file attached). Maybe rampaging monsters could have cleaned it. This is 5.56c and ship.zip.

Attached Files
.zip   save5.zip (Size: 21.09 KB / Downloads: 1)

I see settlers from both green and purple heading towards those islands. Maybe the two wizards had a war earlier and killed each other's settlers. Monsters are less likely - the AI sends multiple settlers usually so at least some cities should have survived. There aren't that many lairs on those islands either.

Hit next turn and green unloads settlers unit in top of a lair on that small unsettled continent. The settlers unit consequently disappears.

Attached Files
.zip   save7.zip (Size: 20.93 KB / Downloads: 1)

Confirmed.
Originally the code checked for the tile being marked "enemy presence" but that didn't take into account friendly or self owned units which can also block movement. So I changed that to "any unit" but lairs are not units so now those are being missed.
The correct code would have been checking for both of the above.

But there was more - when storing the direction for the consecutive disembarking movement workaround, the X coordiante wasn't correctly stored. The settler actually wanted to go to that 2 tile island to the right, not the big one to the left it seems.

Uploaded the fixed ship.zip. Thanks for the report, this helped a lot!

btw does the AI do attacks from ships to land correctly? That's the part of the feature I haven't seen in action yet.

(April 4th, 2019, 08:16)Seravy Wrote: btw does the AI do attacks from ships to land correctly? That's the part of the feature I haven't seen in action yet.

Not much of that action in this game at least against the player.

Purple did one attack over the sea in this game to my starting continent which landed in about 1412 outside any city tile with 3 ships in one stack with completely obsolete and insufficient force of 2 wolf riders and 1 halberdier.

Other than that I've seen purple ship units to green's starting continent. There it had several cities some possibly conquered from the green.

AI is doing attacks from ships to land seemingly correctly with 5.56c and the latest ship.zip, I haven't noticed any further obvious issues and the game is at 1419. It is nice to see the troops land the same turn the transport hits the land.

And just as I say that ^ I get reproducible crash the next turn. The first time the whole screen graphics got corrupted and after that 3x times just the mouse cursor. The AI doing seaborne invasion of my main continent using the new ship code in this save file.

Edit: Wrong save file.

Wrong save file? No crash for me and the AI is not even near your main continent.