As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

The new version was uploaded!

Quote:5.6
-Improved combat pathfinding to prefer horizontal and vertical paths over diagonals when cost is equal. This should make it easier to corner targets for the AI.
-Esc is used to close the overland spellbook instead of Space.  (by Drake178)
-Fixed city drawing priority issues on the overland map. (by Drake178)
-Fixed a possible crash when trading/obtaining spells. (by Drake178)
-Fixed forest combat tiles not having the originally intended number of trees and all tiles not having the intended amount of rocks. (by Drake178)
-Fixed bug : Some Caster units still show the “Who will cast” dialog when out of MP. (by Drake178)
-Fixed bug: 4-way crossroads don't display properly in combat (by Drake178)
-Combat map now shows rivers. (by Drake178)
-Combat Map for Swamp tiles now has water. (by Drake178)
-Mini unit view in combat displays thrown and breath attacks, to hit and to defend bonus (by Drake178)
-Gate of Hades now has a sound effect and no longer corrupts memory if affecting over 40 figures. (by Drake178)
-Fixed a few other minor bugs (by Drake178)
-The AI is now allowed to use Psionic Blast on units that have Illusions Immunity (but considers the amount of damage done, like on all damage spells.)
-Fixed 5.58 crash bug : Game crashes when empty city owned by a human player is conquered with “Rebuild Prompt” enabled.
-Fixed bug : Magic.exe displays the old options instead of “Rebuild Prompt” and “Rebuild All”, the option names were only replaced in wizards.exe.
-Fixed 5.57 bug : Heroes have incorrect amount of MP.
-Night Stalker now costs 1920 RP, Black Prayer 1600, Possession 1280.
-Night Stalker now costs 225 mana.
-Night Stalkers lose 5 HP and gain 1 Armor.
-Fixed rocks not getting displayed in combat on certain types of terrain.
-Magic strength now defaults to Fair on the New game screen again as intended.
-Fixed bug : displayed amount of population killed is occasionally wrong if multiple battles happen in the same city.
-Fixed bug : When a failed spell or book treasure is replaced by mana, “inside you find absolutely nothing200 mana crystals” is generated as the message.
-Fixed bug : fleeing while combat summons are in play will include them in the “while feeling you lost” list, corrupting the displayed text.

Important : this update hasn't received much testing because it contains a fix for two significant bugs. I wanted to play a full game before releasing these updates, that had to be skipped this time. Report any new bugs if you find them. A significant portion of this update comes from the Wiki user Drake178, those parts should be already tested by him and bug free.
As this Night Stalker nerf had to be done in haste, please let me know what you think about it. There was no chance to test if this really improves the balance for the unit.

Simply, wanted to say you're super awesome!

Thank you for this game, Seravy!

Notes on the new version (so far -- I just started playing a new game)
- version string hasn't been updated in the binary
- cities no longer prompt for new building selection after current building is purchased, even when there is no queue. they just silently default back to housing. Allowing the building to be built normally (with production points) shows the usual prompt.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but the building queue is a wonderful feature! It takes the toil out of city management. I very much appreciate it.

Uploaded a fixed version. Please check if the problem with the building queue is correctly fixed, thanks!

Waiting for caches to refresh -- I'm still getting the unupdated Caster56.zip. I'll respond once I can get the new version.

(June 8th, 2019, 11:13)Seravy Wrote: Uploaded a fixed version. Please check if the problem with the building queue is correctly fixed, thanks!

Seravy, I just downloaded your latest version and fired up a game.  I can confirm that the bug is still present for me.  I also tried toggling the option on and off as a test, this did not help.  When a city finishes its construction, it silently defaults back to housing with no notification to the player.  It quickly becomes unplayable as you can't keep track of which cities are sitting idle.

Does the new version break the old save games? I lost my capital city and want to play further, but the game freeze. Can you check this?

Sure, post the save file. It should be compatible with the previous version, yes.

(June 9th, 2019, 00:18)Ozymandyus Wrote:
(June 8th, 2019, 11:13)Seravy Wrote: Uploaded a fixed version. Please check if the problem with the building queue is correctly fixed, thanks!

Seravy, I just downloaded your latest version and fired up a game.  I can confirm that the bug is still present for me.  I also tried toggling the option on and off as a test, this did not help.  When a city finishes its construction, it silently defaults back to housing with no notification to the player.  It quickly becomes unplayable as you can't keep track of which cities are sitting idle.

Uploaded again, now it should really work. It was skipping human controlled cities when it was intended to skip the exact opposite, non-human controlled ones.

Could you possibly upload under a new filename? It's been about 20 minutes since your most recent reupload and I'm still getting the old version (or at least the version I just downloaded and tested still has the issue). I uploaded a savegame to make sure we're talking about the same thing. Purchase the marketplace in the city and hit next turn. I expect the building built prompt to come up, but nothing comes up.

Also, the version on the intro screen still says 5.58 (although the version string on the save game screen is correct).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gam   SAVE8.GAM (Size: 151.96 KB / Downloads: 1)