As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

Is this with 5.6c or before? 5.6c is supposed to fix the bug that can cause treasure problems.
I've never seen an infinite casting bug before but Holy Weapon is cheap enough that a player might be able to cast it every turn until the battle ends in the later game. Yes, save1 is the first slot.

(June 25th, 2019, 05:59)Seravy Wrote: Is this with 5.6c or before? 5.6c is supposed to fix the bug that can cause treasure problems.
I've never seen an infinite casting bug before but Holy Weapon is cheap enough that a player might be able to cast it every turn until the battle ends in the later game. Yes, save1 is the first slot.

It's 5.6b so looks like it was fixed.

It was literally "Holy Weapon is free to cast for any unit that can cast spells".  It would show a ? next to the MP cost.  I could cast it even with my hero that could only cast with an item.

This coincided with some text bugs.

I'll run the latest version from now on and see if I find any issues again.

That sounds like a memory corruption issue probably caused by that treasure bug.

AI is not defending their nodes in 5.6c.
Maybe it's because I'm hitting them quite early but usually they park some units on nodes. I was able to steal Jafar's nodes from under him without having to divert my armies to dislodge him (not that it would have made much of a difference, he was barely getting magicians when I had a stack of crusaders and magicians ready to sack him). Horus is not defending his nodes either, although many of them are next to another (friendly) wizard's cities.

I'm a pure death wizard if that affects anything.

If the AI cleared the node with the doomstack they cannot split, and had no other troops nearby, the node ending up undefended for a while is normal. It's still better than the AI splitting up their doomstack or not clearing the nodes. Often these nodes are not in their territory so they couldn't defend it effectively against attacks anyway.
So that's not a bug.

Seeing something odd with towers in this version, Seravy.  I have an example where I just cleared a tower with a stack of shadow demons.  The next turn, the tower is not lit up (as I would normally expect when conquered), and when I try to change planar view, I get the message 'the selected unit(s) cannot planar travel at that location'.  Don't know if it's the tower, the demons, or some combination of the two...?  If I de-select them and then flip the plane, I can then find them, select them and go about my business. There is no unit on the other side blocking my travel.

.gam   SAVE6.GAM (Size: 151.96 KB / Downloads: 0)

Known bug, never managed to find what causes it but the demons can shift anywhere else and don't need to use the tower in the first place. It only happens when units with the ability to shift planes try to use a tower.

(June 29th, 2019, 04:17)Seravy Wrote: Known bug, never managed to find what causes it but the demons can shift anywhere else and don't need to use the tower in the first place. It only happens when units with the ability to shift planes try to use a tower.

All righty, thank you for letting me know.

Another bug found and fixed :
Quote:5.6d
-Fixed 5.6 bug : Units with only 1 movement in combat fail to move correctly.

Hi I want to say thanks for the great mod, been a long time since I played, been a great deal of fun.

I'm a bit confused though, is there a place to play the 'latest version' or is 5.6 what we have right now and would it say '5.6' on the title screen or would it be '5.6a/b/c ect"
I was hoping to get to the change in treasure calculation that I read in the change logs but can't seem to tell.

I also noticed in my last game that I found a ton of items with resist elements and inner fire.