As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

Even if the windwalker still can move? If yes, that's a bug.
Confirmed, yes, it is a bug. I'll try to fix this one immediately as well.

Quote:5.62b
-Fixed 5.61 bug : Human players can't cast Possession. (cursor display improvements from 5.61 might stop working.)
-Fixed 5.62 bug : Wind Walking doesn't work correctly

Sorry for the inconvenience. The possession fix is a temporal solution until Drake178 posts a properly working version of his patch. I tested and I can cast the spell, but I have no idea if the cursor behaves correctly or not. Either way, what happens when you click on the target is more important than that.

Two more bugs fixed :
Quote:5.62c
-Fixed bug : Supreme Light affects units that died before the spell was cast.
-Fixed bug : Possessed units target the wrong player's units with spells.

Quote:5.63
-Minor adjustment to AI combat Mystic Surge casting priority (somewhat lower when at overwhelming advantage)
-Fixed bug : when a city shrinks in population, power production becomes corrupted on the human player's capital temporarily, resulting in spikes on the historian graph.
-Fixed “+XDefense” on hero levelup dialog not having a space.
-The AI will now avoid trying to save mana in battles that involves at least 3 high value units on their side the same way they do in hero battles.
-The AI will avoid casting unimportant spells while banished unless the battle involves a hero, city or 3 of their own high value units or they still have a very large amount of mana remaning. “Unimportant” spells include most buffs, debuffs and combat summoning, or targeting enemy combat summons with damage spells.
-Fixed bug : Game randomly crashes when the AI knows Plane Shift due to unstable far call.
-Fixed 5.53 bug : Game occasionally crashes when stacks are split up on an ocean tile. (could rarely happen even during AI turns)
-Magic Vortexes can no longer be dispelled.
-Mystic Surge can no longer be dispelled. (but the random buffs it causes can)
-Fixed bug : Mystic Surge can't add Immolation.
-Mystic Surge will no longer add Invisibility.
-Mystic Surge will no longer add less than 1 enchantment.
-Mystic Surge chance for an additional buffs is reduced to 70% from 72%.
-Warp Node can no longer be dispelled during combat
-Fixed bug : AI can't cast Wall of Fire, Wall of Darkness in combat
-Fixed bug: combat-cast Wall spells can't be dispelled (by Drake178)
-Fixed bug: overland-cast Wall spells are much easier to dispel in combat (by Drake178)
-Fixed bug: First Strike figures slain by Doom Gaze sometimes still participate in melee (by Drake178)
-The AI will now consider Wall of Darkness when calculating priority for Dispelling Wave.
-New Fortress Lightning strength formula : (18+Skill/8)/2 but a max of 60.
-Fortress Lightning strength is scaled by AI difficulty (*Difficulty/2) before the cap of 60 is applied for AI players.
-Fortress Lightning now applies for the first 3+(Skill/20) combat turns. This is also scaled by difficulty for AI players : Easy has no fortress lightning. Normal and Fair has the same duration as human players. Advanced has double, Expert and above have triple duration for AI players.
-Dispelling Wave will no longer have an effect on your own Warp Node.
-Warp Node dispel resistance now applies the effect of dispel resistance modifiers correctly.
-Merchant offered items have a budget of (12*Turn Count) before turn 125 and no restriction afterwards.
-Pandora's Box now only appears on high budget random generated items at a low chance.
-Monsters will now reduce cities to ruins 90% of the time instead of 75%.
-Pick Type lair treasure is now weighted. The chance is 1/6 for doublepick, 1/3 for single pick, 1/2 for very rare spell to be generated. The total number of picks generated remains the same, it only changes the distribution of the various types to be more similar to the pre-5.61 version's distribution.
-There is now a 75% chance a Caster Demon is summoned and a 25% chance for a Death Demon (unless it's summoned into a slot that cannot hold a caster unit in which case it's still 100% death demons.)
-The AI will ignore cities of pop 3 or lower when determining the best available race for settler production. (this is the most likely culprit to the AI occasionally failing to spread fast enough)
-Fixed 5.51 bug :  Movement displayed on the overland unit view doesn't include buffs and items.
-Hydra is now Supernatural.
-Supernatural creatures can't be raised as undead unless the wizard doing so has 240 or higher casting skill.

(August 11th, 2019, 08:30)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:5.63
-New Fortress Lightning strength formula : (18+Skill/8)/2 but a max of 60.
-Fortress Lightning strength is scaled by AI difficulty (*Difficulty/2) before the cap of 60 is applied for AI players.
What is the value of difficulty on lunatic? 
Now i'll feel no guilt surrounding the capital with spearmen so it wouldn't produce anything ^_^

Update!
Quote:-Fixed 5.62 bug : when a stack fails to move, data corruption happens.

Lunatic is the difficulty level 6. (easy is 0, each level is 1 higher in the order they appear in the menu)

Old formula used "4" for that for all players basically, so it's 50% higher on Lunatic AI now but the cap stops it from growing too much, it's just reached earlier. I'm still unsure if the cap of 48 or 60 is better, we've had both in earlier versions.

I still dont understand the formula... 16 casting skill for the AI is 10 strenght lightning bolt according to the "(18+Skill/8)/2". If i multiply 10 power by 6 (lunatic) that is already 60 (cap).
upd. nevermind. it is multiplied by 6/2. So it is only 30 at the start of the game ^_^ only 30 strength armour piercing attack for free ^_^

I apologize, is there a guide to installing Casters of Magic? I am somehow messing up my install repeatedly and making the game crash or fail something.
I can never seem to get the pictures swapped out and whenever the map tries to load the game crashes.

First you need MoM 1.31. Then you need to download caster 5.63b.zip. Unpack the file and overwrite. If you want the extra anime portraits, then overwrite one more time using the contents of the "optional" folder.

(August 16th, 2019, 00:05)Seravy Wrote: First you need MoM 1.31. Then you need to download caster 5.63b.zip. Unpack the file and overwrite. If you want the extra anime portraits, then overwrite one more time using the contents of the "optional" folder.

I am downloading MoM from GoG, move and replace for both.

The names change, but not the portraits and the game closes whenever it would otherwise start the game.
Any ideas where I am messing up? I download from GoG, use 7-Zip on Caster563b, Move contents into MoM and replace, then move Optional to MoM and replace.
Am trying BreeZip now
Edit: Found two results- Without the optional file I seem to load the map, but have no city or discovered tiles leaving a black sea of nothing. with options it just shuts off when I finish the wizard creation.
I am obviously messing something up here.