As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

AI

(April 13th, 2020, 12:12)Seravy Wrote: That's not an AI bug.
What I see written in my AI file is "Power Link has no effect during Time Stop so ignore it".

So it's a bug with Power Link, only the power producing effect is disabled during Time Stop when it should disable the countering as well. The AI works correctly, expecting this feature.

I have seen them cast outside of Time Stop too both Drain Power and Spell Blast. So it is an AI bug.

Oh, it's only excluding Spell Blast cast through the "spell blast needed" category.
Casting spell blast at random as a curse isn't disabled, true.
So there are two things to fix then.
Ironic, most random curses are disabled (for being a low cost spell) but Spell Blast is not.

...never mind.

Quote:mov word ptr [0D388h],0 ; Blizzard
mov word ptr [0D38Ch],0 ; Spell Blast
mov word ptr [0D38Eh],0 ; Stasis
mov word ptr [0D392h],0 ; Corruption
mov word ptr [0D396h],0 ; Raise Volcano
mov ax,100
mov bx,0D39Ch ; Call the void +100
call addto
;mov word ptr [0D3A2h],0 ; Black Wind
mov word ptr [0D3A4h],0 ; Drain Power

It's most definitely disabled, even as a random curse.

If I see it again outside of Time Stop I'll post a screenshot for you.

Hello, thank you for all your work on this mod. I have been playing MoM since the 90s and CoM has breathed new life into it. I bought it on Steam recently and have been loving it.

There is one thing about the mod that has been frustrating though. In combat, often enemy units will move away from my units, toward the north edge of the map, and then continue to stay as far away as they can, for the entire combat. I have to assume this is intentional behavior because it happens a lot.

It makes combat take much longer to resolve and most of it becomes uninteresting micromanagement of unit moves. It's simply unfun. If I fail to destroy all enemy units in time, my army retreats, which is frustrating.

The thing that really frustrates me though, is that it's _unrealistic_.

Let's say, in real life, you're commanding an army. You march your troops to a tower that's rumored to contain treasure, or to a foreign city you want to capture. If your army shows up, and the guards of that tower or city do their best to get as far away from your army as possible, that's called fleeing. They've failed to guard whatever they were supposed to guard. You'd simply go into the tower to get the treasure you came for. That now undefended foreign city would be yours. You wouldn't chase after to murder them all, and give up on your original objective if you couldn't.

This AI behavior totally changes the narrative of combat. Instead of having to overcome resistance to reach a guarded objective, you now simply must murder every living thing you find. Anything short of mass slaughter is failure to you.

It's hard to feel heroic when that's the case.

I would like to see the AI go back to its original behavior, or at least have a config option to toggle between them.

Thank you again for all your work on this mod. It really is wonderful (except this one thing).

The AI running when it shouldn't is a bug in version 6.01.
I posted a hotfix patch on the steam forum, and it'll work correctly in 6.02, allowing the AI to only do that when it makes sense.
(To be more specific, neutral enemies will not use this stalling tactic on difficulty levels fair and lower, among other rules)

AI suggestion: hero doesn't cast mass invisibility when all units are already invisible (in this case by magic items).