As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

Are you going to release the new version today?

Yeah but I still need to fix a few reported bugs first.

Quote:Draconian Saints did not show Range Ammo in right-click stats for a while during the game. 
 Draconian Saints can cast healing spell in battle !  The button says “Ability: healing”. This does not work after the Wizard-spellcasting has been used up.

Couldn't reproduce these in the current version.

Quote:+2 Attack from an Item does not appear in the Hero stats.

Same.

Uploaded :

Quote:2020-07-17
-Fixed bug : Range check error if a settler with no selected destination is on a ship. (Instead, in this case it'll be treated as a non-settler transport now.)
-Narcissist wizards priortize researching AEther Bidning and Uranus' Blessing slightly higher.
-Narcissist has triple chance to cast Uranus' Blessing when a city buff is chosen to be cast.
-Normal units with Caster now gain +2 MP at veteran and +5 at elite level. (experimental)
-Fixed bug : Invisible units are not shown on the overland map even if they are the player's own.
-Fixed bug : When a stack containing only units not visible for the human player moves, the movement is treated as visible and crashes because there is no unit to display.
-Fixed bug : unit view scrolling arrows have reversed effect
-Added missing feature : Super abilities on heroes have a "*".
-Added hero levelup window
-Fixed bug : Heroes could get a random ability they already had at super level.
-Fixed bug : Corruption didn't set tile food, gold and producton to zero, only prevented mineral effects.
-Lairs will no longer be placed on top of minerals.
-Fixed bug : Units on the other plane counts as obstacles when moving.
-Fixed bug : "allows" in production screen lists buildings not allowed for the race.

*It seems that engineers cannot build roads in some places that they apparently could.

*I still feel the lack of information obtained with the right button in places like the spell book and of the icons inside the character sheet.

Quote:*I still feel the lack of information obtained with the right button in places like the spell book and of the icons inside the character sheet.

That will be added probably in a week or two the latest but it's going to take a while even when I start working on it. There are something like 1000 help entires in the game.

If you go with the stack to the northeast in the monster lair (cave) with unicorns and flee without fight: "range check error." (depends on the units the unicorn kills).

Attached Files
.zip   1.zip (Size: 123.84 KB / Downloads: 1)

I don't know if the error is correlated to the previous one. But use the "automatic" battle, yes and yes in raiders in north: "range check error."

Attached Files
.zip   7.zip (Size: 124.95 KB / Downloads: 1)

(July 17th, 2020, 17:50)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:Draconian Saints did not show Range Ammo in right-click stats for a while during the game. 
 Draconian Saints can cast healing spell in battle !  The button says “Ability: healing”. This does not work after the Wizard-spellcasting has been used up.

Couldn't reproduce these in the current version.

Quote:+2 Attack from an Item does not appear in the Hero stats.

Same.

With the current version I rushed Draconian Saints that showed the same behaviour. They worked as intended in the first battle. After that the Range Ammo in right click stats was gone. So I guess they are buggy still. There was one such unit in yd Ninja file. This hero also had the +2 Attack item that did not work.

Idea: can we have some sort of uber lair which had some fantastic hero, maybe a Torin like guy with some unique spell, which would yield unique treasures (maybe some super doom bolt or something)?  It could be an optional game mode, but I always found it fun to defeat the guardian of Orion in master of Orion, though not strictly necessary to win the game.