As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

Right click on Army => Taki freezes the game if I right click the other 4 heroes first (repeatable). Mouse moves but nothing can be clicked. I remember this was my very first crash bug specifically with Taki I found in 1994 and apparently still there in COM.

There should be a different Word for red and yellow versions of Lucky. Maybe one of them called Luck. War Monk had both red and yellow Lucky and is unclear what it means to have both.
Also maybe it applies to To Hit and to Def instead of the stated Attack and Defense?

Save attached.

Attached Files
.gam   SAVE9.GAM (Size: 151.96 KB / Downloads: 1)

Quote:There should be a different Word for red and yellow versions of Lucky. Maybe one of them called Luck. War Monk had both red and yellow Lucky and is unclear what it means to have both.
This has been explained at least 2-3 times before, please search the forums before asking.

Red Lucky is the hero ability. It has the effect of giving the unit the "lucky" unit ability, which is the yellow one.

Pretty much the same thing as "Magic Immunity" as spell, and unit ability.

It's a small thing but thought I should share it. Where does the "+4" in the name come from? smile

[Image: o13i3VQ.png]

It's from the defense enchantment -- plate mails add +2 on top of the enchantment, making it +6 in the description

Not sure if it's a bug or not but I had Orihalcon pop on Arcanus with minerals set to poor in 6.04. I know Adamantium shouldn't, but couldn't remember if Orihalcon is restricted or not.

Research needed 232 mana to complete next turn. I allocated 235 mana with Sage Master. It failed to complete it by next turn. It needed 1 more mana. Another rounding bug? Let me know if you need save game.

Vs Counter Magic when I cast Vertigo that has normally 10mana cost, but currently 6, what is my chance? 6/70 or 10/70?

Counter Magic does not get drained the 70 reserve by 10 mana each time. It drains less. What is the true formula? Or maybe drains it as per actual mana spent against it? Or maybe Counter Magic started from higher than 70 somehow, such as Aether Binding?

Quote:Research needed 232 mana to complete next turn. I allocated 235 mana with Sage Master. It failed to complete it by next turn. It needed 1 more mana. Another rounding bug? Let me know if you need save game.

More likely you lost a research producing building or source of power. Corruption on a crystal, earthquake, losing a building in a defensive battle, etc.

Quote:Vs Counter Magic when I cast Vertigo that has normally 10mana cost, but currently 6, what is my chance? 6/70 or 10/70?

6/70, unfortunately, I can't change that even if I want to.

Quote:Counter Magic does not get drained the 70 reserve by 10 mana each time. It drains less. What is the true formula? Or maybe drains it as per actual mana spent against it? Or maybe Counter Magic started from higher than 70 somehow, such as Aether Binding?

It drains 10 only when it counters a spell. Nothing is drained when the spell isn't countered.

“More likely you lost a research producing building or source of power. Corruption on a crystal, earthquake, losing a building in a defensive battle, etc.” None of those. I lost no power income. I am pretty sure it is a bug. See attached save file.

Does Resist Elements changes the unit’s armor from 0 to 4 vs Psionic Blast?

Does Nature Catapult count as a normal unit and not fantastic? AI casted Heroism on it.

Attached Files
.gam   SAVE1.GAM (Size: 151.96 KB / Downloads: 2)

Quote:“More likely you lost a research producing building or source of power. Corruption on a crystal, earthquake, losing a building in a defensive battle, etc.” None of those. I lost no power income. I am pretty sure it is a bug. See attached save file.

It's the blue magic spirit that is melding your node next to the city "Verona" which drops your power income by 9.

Quote:Does Resist Elements changes the unit’s armor from 0 to 4 vs Psionic Blast?

No, it adds +4 first then it is changed to 0.

Quote:Does Nature Catapult count as a normal unit and not fantastic? AI casted Heroism on it.

No, but heroism and most buffs look at the base unit type, not the current state of the unit, which is a normal unit in this case.

“It's the blue magic spirit that is melding your node next to the city "Verona" which drops your power income by 9.”
I see. Sorry about that.

I turned off Heroism on my hero. It did not change anything for the hero, except no more mana upkeep. It updated the mana income in the bottom right, but did not update it in Magic => Mana with 100% allocation to Mana. Seems like a bug.