As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Game mechanics

Something seems amiss with the Housing formula.

Fire Keep, an all-mountain Dwarf hamlet grows at +80 when not building Housing, and at +10 when building Housing.

Save attached.

Attached Files
.gam   SAVE6.GAM (Size: 151.96 KB / Downloads: 2)

Let's see...
Quote:Growth = +170*(Terrain Maximal Population + Racial Growth Modifier - 8)/13 *Max(1.3-0.1*Current Population,0)*(Nonrebel Non[optionalfarmer] population/Current Population)

For Fire Keep that's
170*(5+2-8)/13 *(1.3-0.3) * (3/3) = 170*(-1) * (1) * (1) = -170 / 13 = -13.

In theory anyway because I'm not even sure the calculations use signed values.

Either way the problem is you are trying to build housing in a city that grows so slowly, the formula yields a negative result.

The (Terrain Maximal Population + Racial Growth Modifier - 8) part will need a "but at least 1" condition. I'll add this to my todo list.

Can someone explain suppression and the numbers behind it?

I can only find references to situations where it would come into play in the forums, but not an actual expansion of the game mechanics.

Thanks!

Each time a unit is attacked in combat, it gains 1 suppression.
Each time a unit counterattacks, it loses 10% hit chance for each 2 suppressions on it.
After the turn ends, suppression is removed from units.

When you say "attacked" does that include ranged, breath, thrown, spell, etc. attacks? 

Can one unit trigger more than 2 attacks towards suppression in a turn?

Suppression only affects counter attacks, and not attacks made on the suppressed units turn, right (I'm thinking CoM1 here, where web lasts an extra turn if you're on defense)?

Quote:When you say "attacked" does that include ranged, breath, thrown, spell, etc. attacks?
Yes, for ranged, no for the others.

Quote:Can one unit trigger more than 2 attacks towards suppression in a turn?
I think not.

Quote:Suppression only affects counter attacks, and not attacks made on the suppressed units turn, right (I'm thinking CoM1 here, where web lasts an extra turn if you're on defense)?
Yes.

I know I've seen the answer multiple times, but after looking for 15 minutes I'm just asking again:

What is the formula for determining if a character will make a melee or ranged attack? Does to-hit get factored in? If it doesn't, could we add it in?

Attack must be at least 2x ranged. Nothing else gets factored in. If there is an applicable immunity, melee is used, even if melee is also invalid. Unfortunately I can't do much about this because this can't be solved without additional user input on what they want to actually do and there is no UI for it.
There will be an improved system in CoM II to handle that : hold shift to use melee otherwise always use ranged.

Quote:There will be an improved system in CoM II to handle that : hold shift to use melee otherwise always use ranged.

Love it!

Is it possible to lift hardcode limit of number of outpost (99)? Maybe introduce something like softcoding limit for outpost such as global warming (when nature play against wizard), or disturbance from the warp/chaos (when magic play against wizard) events instead, or apocalyptic war between opposing realm of life and death that not trigger by wizards but wizard stand between it and collateral damage is everywhere (think about it as Stellaris)?