As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(July 30th, 2020, 08:57)Cruel100 Wrote: *There is still a bug in the tower with the selected stack. I cannot move a unit when one is selected and the other is not, for example, to go to other plane.
*Rotate through cities can cause freeze.

Please post the save file for these.

(July 30th, 2020, 15:08)Seravy Wrote:
(July 30th, 2020, 08:57)Cruel100 Wrote: *There is still a bug in the tower with the selected stack. I cannot move a unit when one is selected and the other is not, for example, to go to other plane.
*Rotate through cities can cause freeze.

Please post the save file for these.

Attached Files
.zip   AUTOSAVE.zip (Size: 247 KB / Downloads: 1)

Quote:While I think this was necessary to prevent mass demon spam, I'm concerned that this nerfs Demon Lords considerably, they used to effectively have 40-120 caster skill, now they have none. I know the allowance of more than 9 units will help with that, but I think it might be good to give Demon Lords caster 40 and take away one free Demon so that they maintain some of the versatility they had.

Unfortunately, that will bring back the same problem we had when Demon Lords had the Doom Bolt ability.
Basically, Demons Lords have Quick Casting which means they can cast a direct damage spell AND use a ranged attack at the same time, which is way too much first turn damage, especially if you have multiple Demon Lords in the stack.
For example if 9 Demon Lords fight 9 Archangels, the first turn damage kills 4-5 of them, immediately turning the battle unwinnable for the other player even though the forces were equal, and usually ending the battle before the enemy had a reasonable chance to damage the Demon Lord(s) with spells.

Otherwise I would agree to it, but with Quick Casting, it's too powerful, and Quick Casting is necessary to be able to use the demons.

Update!

(older saves are not compatible)

Quote:2020-07-31
-Fixed bug : When placing buildings in city view, the rightmost and bottom rows are not used, causing the generation to freeze to lack of space.
-Added road grid to city view
-Fixed bug : When moving units, the first unit in the stack is checked for being on the correct plane, instead of all units actually selected to move.
-Added more help text (settings, options)
-Unit view for heroes now shows no second column of abilities on the first page.
-Production view now displays abilities in one column
-Added ability scrolling to production view
-Fixed bug : city and production view can be opened for outposts from the cities screen.
-Annihilate spell now plays the correct sound
-Added sound to Massacre (the old Black Wind sound which is currently unused).
-Added sound to overland Stasis
-Fixed sound of Fairy Dust
-Added scream sound to banishment screen
-Added Haste and Bless unit ability icons (for Artifact granted effects)
-The last opened page in the overland spellbook is now saved to/loaded from the save files.
-Added Lightning Resistance unit data, icon and effect. (Currently no unit or spell effect has this ability yet.)
-Cities built or conquered will not count for wizard's pact violations until the player's next turn.

I fight agains the lair in the south. I lost. After that I end my turn and get a lot of "Range check errors".

Is "Race to the unknown" not accessible at the moment?

Attached Files
.zip   TURN9.zip (Size: 119.9 KB / Downloads: 1)

Quote:Is "Race to the unknown" not accessible at the moment?
It should be accessible but it requires Fair or higher difficulty.
On Normal, the AI is still not allowed to be on Myrror.

Update :

Quote:2020-08-01
-Fixed bug : AI crashes if a lair contains undead.
-Fixed bug : F3 spellbook crashes because that font doesn't load properly.
-Fixed bug : Mousing over a unit on the Armies screen doesn't select the stack so the location on the minimap isn't shown.
-Improved map generation for "Small, Islands" to not freeze.
-Combat rivers now use the original tilesets.
-Added melee attack sounds.
-Added a check for total pick count in wizards.ini being 12. This makes it safe for users to change the predefined wizards.
-Linking Tower now requires a Library in addition to the Monument. (as a result, Barbarians cannot build Linking Towers)
-Dwarves and Halflings cannot build Monuments.
-Slightly increased melee attack animation speed
-Added some background music. (sorry, it takes time to sort out what goes where. It'll take another day at least to add them all, maybe more.)

As there weren't much responses to the Linking Tower and Monument thread (and even those were about the AI instead), I had to set the building requirements and restrictions on my own, let me know if you agree or not in the appropriate thread : http://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/showt...?tid=10031

(also, are we happy with both towers costing 600? What about their maintenance? I haven't changed either yet.)

Error in 140.wav, that prevent the game from starting correctly.

140? But 120 is the highest.
Oh, I get it, I forgot to copy the new files in the sound folder, only added music.

Edit : finished uploading.

(August 1st, 2020, 05:17)Seravy Wrote: 140? But 120 is the highest.
Oh, I get it, I forgot to copy the new files in the sound folder, only added music.

Edit : finished uploading.

Thanks, it worked.

*the buttons on the music settings don't seem to work (without reload).
*I can't put the spell charges for flight in a magic item.