As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

*Click in capital will freeze the game.

*Can you slightly increased unicorns attack animation speed?

Attached Files
.zip   1.zip (Size: 162.05 KB / Downloads: 1)

Updated!

Quote:2020-08-02
-Added the remaining music.
-City view will now place buildings in the order of largest to smallest to avoid freezing due to the large building not having a continuous 3x3 space left to be placed.
-Overland music will now keep playing on the various subscreens like cities, armies, etc
-Item view will now show Spell charges in the item.
-Items constaining Spell Charges will now have a default name of "Item of <spellname>"
-Turning the Music setting off will now interrupt the playback of music instead of simply not starting it.
-Fixed bug : Sage Master provides a 33% bonus instead of 25%.
-Fixed bug : City Walls isn't clickable for selling.
-Fixed bug : Help scroll is misaligned if it contains an image.
-The image displayed in help is now properly centered.
-Added remaining help texts.
-Added priority array that weigths the random chance of each pixel color on combat grassland, tundra or mountain terrain, to make tiles slightly more varied.
-Fixed bug : combat rivers flowing into the ocean end in the battlefield as ocean tiles are not recognized a continuation of the river
-Added precalculation for combat tile pixel screenpositions. This increased combat FPS by about 25%.
-The system will precalculate and store combat road pixel positions when entering combat and use the stored data instead of calculating it on each frame, which is useless because roads are not animated.
-Optimized the function that puts the screen image on the game window form. FPS is less dependent on window size as a result and about 10% higher on default window size. (more improvement on higher resolutions)
-Set Max FPS to 60 for consistent animation speeds.

As FPS no longer depends on what is happening on the screen (unless the computer can't handle it of course), it's now worth looking at the animations and decide if any of them need to be made faster or slower.

*When I opened the game a second time, after turning off the sound, the following message appeared: "No MCI device open", that prevented the game from starting.

*Quick impressions:
-The defeat screen was locked and I couldn't continue the game.
-the animations became much slower.

How many stacks of boars is there on this screenshot? http://prntscr.com/tt827l
the answer http://prntscr.com/tt86io
The point is that graphics still needs improvement.

(August 3rd, 2020, 08:27)Sapher Wrote: The point is that graphics still needs improvement.

I was thinking about a Myrran birch forest, with light green leaves, lighter brown or dark green forest floor, normal shadows ofc.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well, Myrran certainly has issues and based on that picture it's mostly the ground, not the trees, surprisingly. I thought the trees are the problem but apparently not this time.
It's brown, which is a color often used on units (boars obviously, but beastmen and probably many other normal units too) but if I change the color of the Myrran land that would alter the feeling of the game quite a lot.
The trees being black isn't helping either of course, as the outlines on units are also black. Also, from that screenshot, the outline on Boars seems to be incomplete, that is easy to fix by editing the sprites and might be the greatest issue in the case.

I'll try to find a solution to these after adding the new spells.

Bugs in the latest Alpha-download:
-         >Spells< button on the main screen only works in the first game after starting the application.
-         The same here that Cruel100 wrote: When switching off >Music< the next time the application was started, the crash message “No MCI device open” was displayed.
-         >Info< button in the combat screen causes “Range check error”.
-         >Continue< canceled a started overland spellcasting.
-         In the Governor it is no longer possible to open the City screen of an Outpost. The Summoning Circle in Outposts became invisible again.
-         Cities are no longer displayed with a flashing pixel on the Governors minimap.
-         Governor sometimes displays one turn to much for completing a building/unit.
-         After a while it is no longer possible to enter lairs. Pressing >Yes< causes “Range check error”. >Save File ... In a new game after this, it is not possible to enter a lair from the start.

Some typos:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   20200803_no_entry.zip (Size: 93.57 KB / Downloads: 1)

CoM2 Bugs(?):

Character Creation:
1. Book selection interface (where to click) is counter intuitive, harder to get the desired books than in the original (admittedly I mostly dragged to the desired amount in the original).

Main Map/City:
2. (Possibe Feature) Active Unit blinks while the city screen is open. It's distracting, but not a big deal.
3. (Possible Feature) There are a LOT more dungeons near me to start (14+1tower on one screen, and I'm not done scouting). I am playing on 10 players, so it could be a result of scaling with player count.
  [Image: snGiNcE.png]

Typos:
4. On main map: "Patrol" looks like "Potrol", not sure if it's a typo or a font issue
5. Attacking a keep: "Scouts have seen Phantom Beast", should be "a Phantom Beast" or "Phantom Beasts"
[Image: Hx4AI8P.png]

Confirmed:
Disabling sound breaks the game with:
I/O error 32.
No MCI device open.

Quote:3. (Possible Feature) There are a LOT more dungeons near me to start (14+1tower on one screen, and I'm not done scouting). I am playing on 10 players, so it could be a result of scaling with player count.

Maybe it's a small size map?
AI players now also get the extra 3 lairs near their fortress, so if the map is small and they start close to you, this can happen more often. It's also possible it's just luck, but I'll take a look after the spell system, just tell me the map size parameter.

This is the formula for the number of lairs :

Code:
k:=0;
      case Gd.landsize of
      LandMinimal : k:=1;
      LandTiny : k:=3;
      else k:=6;
      end;

for i:=1 to nofplanes do begin
      // Weak Lairs
      for j:=1 to 2*k+trunc(planeratio[i]*12) do
      if i=1 then GenerateRandomLair(i,100+30*(random(20)+1)) else
                      GenerateRandomLair(i,100+30*(random(30)+1));
      // Strong Lairs
      for j:=1 to k+trunc(planeratio[i]*15) do
      if i=1 then GenerateRandomLair(i,250+50*(random(60)+1)) else
                      GenerateRandomLair(i,250+50*(random(70)+1));
      end;

Basically, it's 24 weak and 21 strong lairs per plane if the plane is roughly the same size as the original game.

Quote:Confirmed:
Disabling sound breaks the game with:
I/O error 32.
No MCI device open.
I fixed that one but until the spell system is done, I can't upload.

Quote:Maybe it's a small size map?

Pretty sure it was set to large or something bigger