As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

*Purify doesn't seem to work.
*2 check range error in next turn.

Attached Files
.zip   1.zip (Size: 186.41 KB / Downloads: 1)

There is a lair with 9 zombies and a skeleton in it, so it's crashing because it's 10 units on one tile.
Do you have a turn 1 save? I want to know if the lair was created at the start of the game or it's a ruin made from razing a city.

If it wasn't there on turn 1, try to find the save for the turn before it was created.

Updated :
Quote:2020-08-12
-Fixed bug : Lairs can only have up to 8 monsters instead of 9.
-Fixed bug : Dead units turn into lair defenders when a monster stack razes a city.
-Fixed bug : If one realm has no starting rare spells, all other realms are skipped on spell selection.
-Fixed bug : Purify had no effect on units with greater ID than the number of wizards in the game.
-Fixed bug : Hydra has a solid black shadow
-Added summoning circle spell music
-AI units will always prefer casting a spell or spellability instead of melee if the melee attack cannot reach an enemy that turn.
-Fixed bug : Web isn't cleared from units after battle
-Fixed bug : Amplifying Tower adds skill to everyone not just the owner
-Fixed bug : Amplifying Tower doesn't add +4 skill with Uranus' Blessing
-Enabled shadow on city enchantment names because some colors were unreadable otherwise.
-Fixed bug : "Ranged attack buff" type spellcasting in automatic combat has 100 times the intended effect.
-Added an override to the width of the Space character in fonts.
-Switched to the other formula for combat shadows. (is it better? let me know)

(August 11th, 2020, 22:26)Seravy Wrote: There is a lair with 9 zombies and a skeleton in it, so it's crashing because it's 10 units on one tile.
Do you have a turn 1 save? I want to know if the lair was created at the start of the game or it's a ruin made from razing a city.

If it wasn't there on turn 1, try to find the save for the turn before it was created.

Unfortunately I don't have any more. It was in maybe three past versions and I already deleted it. I will try to keep the old saves.

Feedback on the latest Alpha version:
-         Some Cartographer maps scroll too far up and down.
-         Some Combat Spell animations are quite slow even with Combat Animations disabled.
-         The Surveyor´s new City Shadow is one of the many great improvements in COM II, but it´s difficult to spot on the Myrran plane. A shadow that is a smidge darker could be better?
-         The Combat Info Map is super!
-         An Esc button/outside click to leave the Info Advisor screen faster is at the top of my wish list for improving UI. You get stuck there quite often.
-         Attacking a lair with Phoenix monsters leads to “Range check error”.
-         One can now find Items of mediocrity without stats. Wouldn´t it be the same just finding Mana?
-         On the unit stats screen, the symbol for movement and number of moves overlap.
-         The Wind Mage has the old Wind Walking ability with movement speed 3.
-         On the City screen the large University sometimes overlaps with another building. It just looks strange. Texts from buildings in the second row and City Walls text overlap in such a way that the building can only be sold after the City wall has been sold.
-         The Tree of Knowledge picture looks unfinished. 
-         Typo in Monument description text: "chanelling"
-         After attacking sth and fleeing, lost regenerating units are back in the stack. Fleeing is not winning. I do not know if that’s intended.
-         Auto battle casts useless spells sometimes, like Elemental Armor against Guardian Spirits? I guess that´s not easy to fix..
-         Night Stalkers are now more invisible. Even if standing right in front of them, it is hard to tell where they are. Intended?
-         Illusion Immunity does not have any help text on a Shadow demon monster.
-         The Trinket of Insulation caused a “Range check error” when trying to scroll the stats of the hero who used it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote: Some Combat Spell animations are quite slow even with Combat Animations disabled.
This is because the FPS is now locked to a constant amount but when the spells were added it was unlimited FPS.
If you give me a list of which spells are too slow (or too fast), I'll adjust them, otherwise it'll happen only when I see the spell being cast in one of the test games.
(Combat animations only affects movement and attacking, not spells. There never was an option to disable combat spell animations, even in the original game.)

Quote: An Esc button/outside click to leave the Info Advisor screen faster is at the top of my wish list for improving UI. You get stuck there quite often.

Unfortunately, "cancel" as a possible menu result wasn't implemented into the system so I need to add it first and then specify on all other menus whether cancel is possible and what happens when it's used. It'll be added eventually but it isn't completely trivial.

Quote:One can now find Items of mediocrity without stats. Wouldn´t it be the same just finding Mana?
First time I found one, I thought that too then I realized they still give you the armor bonus if they are a Shield/Plane or Chain Mail.
I don't think any of the others cost enough to be possible to generate from the minimal budget, if they do then we should reduce their cost because items without any effect are not really worth more than a 50-100 base price.

Quote: The Wind Mage has the old Wind Walking ability with movement speed 3.
And it should. We changed the Wind Walking spell only, not the ability. I don't think we want a default 6 speed hero for 20 fame in the game, nor speed 6 Djinn or Air Ships.

Quote: The Tree of Knowledge picture looks unfinished.
Yeah might as well put it on the list of missing art, this was the best I could do at the time the spell was added. It looks weird because half of it is a resized real image while the rest were actually drawn by me. So it's a mix of proper pixel art and just random converted background.

Quote: After attacking sth and fleeing, lost regenerating units are back in the stack. Fleeing is not winning. I do not know if that’s intended.
No, that's definitely a bug.

Quote:Auto battle casts useless spells sometimes, like Elemental Armor against Guardian Spirits? I guess that´s not easy to fix..
How to handle auto is still an open discussion I think, at the moment it's set to "everything has randomized priority", not sure if that extends to spellcasting though but if yes then basically anything with a valid target has equal chance to be chosen.
Basically we need to answer the question how smart or dumb we want auto to be because too dumb is useless as a feature and too smart makes the player useless which is even worse.

Quote:Night Stalkers are now more invisible. Even if standing right in front of them, it is hard to tell where they are. Intended?
Not really, we can change the transparency ratio if we want to. I did think the Air Elementals look cool with this ratio though.
..wait, does the Night Stalker even have a proper combat sprite? as far as I remember the Ninja is just an empty blob which doesn't work so well with this sort of transparency where the actual color of the image is used instead of just plain white or whatever the original did.

PS : Unfortunately, there probably won't be an update on CoM II for the next week or so because I need to get CoM 6.05 done first. There are more than enough things to do there to require an update ASAP.

Updated :

Quote:2020-08-22
-All the monster lair cost changes from CoM 6.05 update
-All the lair budget and tower budget changes from CoM 6.05 update
-Adjusted number of weak and strong lairs.
-Fixed : Vampire was Nature instead of Death creature.
-AI combat spellcasting, C group buffs (Heroism, Lionheart,Invulnerability, Iron Skin) gain extra priority to match B group buffs in the combat situation when B group would outprioritize C group. (this was why the AI casts True Sight before Lion Heart and Invulnerability in many cases)
-Fixed : Lightning resistance icon causes range check error
-Fixed : units owned by the losing player also regenerate
-Increased University display width
-Fixed : movement text and icon overlaps
-Surveyor dark area is now a darker color on Myrror.
-Added music for Losing screen
-Added "bad event" music for bad events
-Unit data is now stored in units.dat to speed up loading.
-Prefedined items are now stored in items.dat to speed up loading.
-Updated Arcanus grassland pixel color selection to generate a smoother texture by increasing the chance of picking the two colors most similar to each other.
-Overland swamps now generate edge pixels and fill gaps to look better.
-Improved overland river turning connections.
-Fixed bug : AI only recognizes the arcanus side of towers as being a tower.
-Fixed bug : AI does not consider towers a possible target for the purpose of moving through to the other plane.
-Adjusted combat terrain pixel weighting and fixed a bug with it.
-Fixed bug : Mousing over an invisible unit shows the unit in the mini unit view.
-Fixed bug : Right clicking an invisible unit shows the unit view window.
-Fixed bug : Invisible units are shown as the selected unit while moved by the AI.

I tried to start a new game with the settings below but the game did not start:
*Easy
*Large
*Avarege
*Normal
*Normal
Custom -> Merlin
Archmage
Artificer
1 death
9 sorcery

(aether sparks to blur, water elemental to phatom beast, reinforce magic to invisibility)

High Man
Targeting aid active
Sky blue or white

My old save is with "range check error". I don't know if it is compatible with this version.

Attached Files
.zip   2.zip (Size: 186.38 KB / Downloads: 1)

Quote:2020-08-23
-Fixed bug : maps fail to generate when tower monster budgets are not the default (easy difficulty, etc)

The save is compatible but it seems to be the one where you had a lair that had 10 monsters in it. You need a save from a previous turn where that lair doesn't exist.

Sometimes when finishes a research it causes "range check error". When the game is restarted, it continues normally.