As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(October 12th, 2020, 16:57)Domon Wrote: found bug, on city screen (governor) it hangs on unhandled exception when clicking around

Thanks, will be fixed in the next upload.
Until then, don't click on the empty slots that have no cities in them.

i can't seem to find a place where to look at supposed changes and new features. for example, how do i turn fast combat animations on?

(October 16th, 2020, 06:38)Domon Wrote: i can't seem to find a place where to look at supposed changes and new features. for example, how do i turn fast combat animations on?

Combat animations can be turned off. The settings-button is under the saved games.

"changes.txt" in the first post, plus all the posted daily changelogs.

The 'Q' button can turn animations off during battle.

Update :
Quote:2020-10-17
-Fixed bug : Mystic Surge adds 4.5 movement instead of 3
-Fixed bug : Remaining movement after movement changing spells is not updated
-Fixed bug : Clicking on an empty slot on the cities screen causes an error.
-Added combat animations for Vampire unit
-Reduced the animation speed for flying movement
-Added combat animations for Phoenix unit (by Slingers)
-Fixed bug : combat movement speed modifying effects break speed recalculation
-Fixed bug : AI looks for Warp Wood targets among their own units.
-Fixed bug : AI only casts Disrupt when they are the defender instead of the attacker
-Added missing feature : it's now possible to right click cities while targeting an overland spell.
-Fixed bug : Cloud of Shadows, Wall of Darkness does not play sound effect

Part 2 of ongoing test game : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU92UB5KIdk

Bless and Resist Magic, or one of the abilities on Chaos Spawn seem to be bugged. I had gladiators with 7 resistance, 17 effective after Bless + Resist Magic consistently take 11-14, damage in one pre-melee round against Chaos Spawn. 17 resistance should have made them immune to Death Gaze and Stoning Gaze -4. Doom Gaze is exactly 4 damage, plus Poison 4 which should be 4 * 30% = 1.2.

Save file here: https://we.tl/t-M1mDvY9748
The battle is in the lower right, the huntress stack moving onto the chaos spawn node.

EDIT: My feeling is that there's something wrong with Bless, and maybe even Resist Elements too. I just had a battle with a Lucky Ranger, who has Resist Elements, got blessed, and casted Prayer, and Lightning Bolt/Fire Bolt seemed to be doing too much damage. It would have had 21/2 effective def * 50% = 5.75 reduction, against a 35 attack at 30% = 10.5. The average damage should have been around 5, but Lightning Bolt did 8+ damage several times through reloads. I'm not sure how much damage was with Fire Bolt, but they did over 12 damage together in one turn thanks to Sky Fires. Could just be luck, but it struck me as odd.

Stoning Gaze is not a Chaos effect, Bless does not apply. You probably lost an entire figure to that.

The rest sounds like just bad luck but I'll test it as soon as I finish my ongoing game.

(October 19th, 2020, 03:24)Seravy Wrote: Stoning Gaze is not a Chaos effect, Bless does not apply. You probably lost an entire figure to that.

The rest sounds like just bad luck but I'll test it as soon as I finish my ongoing game.

Ah...you're right. Totally missed that. And Stoning Gaze hits every figure so 20% chance with only 12 effective resistance actually has a pretty good chance to take out a figure every time.

EDIT: I just did several more reloads and something's definitely wrong. Reloaded 5 times attacking with 2 units, lost all 3 figures from full HP half the time in a single attack. That's way too high. The last 3 reloads only 1 unit survived at the end, so that's 5 times in a row they just killed 3 figures in one hit.

maybe what's happening is each figure applying the stoning effect to all the enemy figures?

Version 2020-10-17 Bug:
o Cannot start any game as a Myrran when chosing the following game settings:
  DC: normal
  Opp: 13
  Game Size: normal
  Continents: average
  Magic: 1
  Climate: normal
  Minerals: normal
  Character: Sss'ra Preconstructed

I tried it about 10 times with always the same result.
After choosing my color, the game just seems to go into an infinite loop somewhere before showing the map screen for the first time.

It does work with the same settings and 6 Opponents though.
Also it works with any settings with an Arcanus Race.
So maybe it's a Myrror placement problem regarding too many opponents.

EDIT: Ok, the 11th time with 13 opp and myrran worked normally, but the subsequent tries failed again.