As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar & Noble make their triumphant? return; mostly just get asked about "The List"

So we played t75 today.

We were presented with a pair of tactical situations at our respective borders. The problem we have right now is that we don't have enough units so every time one of our opponents moves a unit, its a crisis. More on that in a bit. Anyway, the first situation was in the south:

[Image: t75a.jpg]

There's a worker underneath our axeman there. Serdoa is covering his pig worker with an axe. As it turns out, our worker was just transitioning anyway, so moving him out of the area was not a big deal. But that axe has been hanging out there covering both Harbour Bridge and Solaris Temple. Ultimately, this was a pretty easy puzzle to solve, we moved the axe to the wheat so that we are out of range of Serdoa's chariot but we could hit it if he moved in and we swapped the build at Harbour Bridge to an axe that we already had mostly completed. So we will finish the axe this turn and that should give us enough to cover for the moment.

In the north, we had a slightly more complicated scenario:

[Image: t75b.jpg]

So you can see we have an axe covering the hill where we intend to settle Lioneye's Watch with the settler completing in Broken Bridge this turn. Superdeath rolled the chariot out to the hill 2N of the proposed Lioneye's Watch location. This combined with a recent whip in Guangzhou has us thinking he's intending to settle there, where he would be a turn ahead of us. We also have a spearman and a worker on the silver. After a long discussion where we had to try and work out both what we wanted SD to do and then how to best generate that outcome, we retreated the axeman south and stacked the spear and worker on the same tile. Hopefully, we're wrong and SD isn't settling there at all. But if he is either we'll contest it or we'll turn the settler off to the islands.

The upshot here is we just need more units on each border. We're sort of due for a round of infrastructure but we're going to try and weave units in and do the infra a bit slower, in stages. We're just stretched a bit thin at the moment.

In other news, Lewwyn took Metal Casting with Oracle, rather than Currency as we anticipated. It could be due to him being used to base BTS where MC is more expensive or it could be that he's planning a Colossus play. Time will tell. We're teching MC ourselves, so thanks for the KTB, Lewwyn.

In exploration, we discovered there is an additional island SE of the marble island. Since the island is more naturally in Bob's sphere of influence, we're hopeful that it might actually have some quality.

[Image: t75c.jpg]

Unrelated, wtf is up with the BUG F1 screen?

[Image: t75d.jpg]

The highlighted columns tell me the global rank for each city in the category. So in this example, Solaris Temple is the #1 city in the world in science, #3 in culture and #8 in production. There's no way for me tell that information in the base game, so I shouldn't have it here.

Anyway, I was going to try and put together a big overview map but then I lost interest so maybe next report...

[Image: t073-demos.jpg]

[Image: t074-demos.jpg]

[Image: t75e.jpg]
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Hah, did Noble just tell you about the F1 screen rankings?

(November 15th, 2020, 19:40)El Grillo Wrote: Hah, did Noble just tell you about the F1 screen rankings?

nod
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

I'm very disappointed in the unaltered gameplay nature of BUG. I will remove those in a future version.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(November 15th, 2020, 19:38)Gaspar Wrote: In exploration, we discovered there is an additional island SE of the marble island.  Since the island is more naturally in Bob's sphere of influence, we're hopeful that it might actually have some quality.

I thought of my map-making process more akin to this:

[Image: 1spq5t.jpg]
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(November 11th, 2020, 13:40)Old Harry Wrote:
(November 11th, 2020, 12:50)Commodore Wrote:
(November 11th, 2020, 12:20)Old Harry Wrote: I've been too drunk to type for the last week. How's your hangover?

Aren't you Irish?

You're thinking of either TBS or Brian Shanahan. I'm only half Irish.

Fecking Plastic Paddy. twirl

To go dangerously on topic for a second, my copper in FFH7 was way worse, stuck in a trundra soaked hell hole.

And on all five best sporting moments happened over the course of about ten seconds on 19/08/2018 when Joe Canning decided to drop his injury time free in the square, my subsequent realisation that he was doing so, the sliothar going wayward and dropping harlessly wide, my realisation that Limerick had won and after the puckout Graham Mulcahy scoring from play to make sure. After 45 years, Liam McCarthy was coming home. Pet's hope his next visit doesn't take so long.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

(November 13th, 2020, 00:15)Gaspar Wrote: For the record, I made the GLH gif myself and I would like someone to be impressed by my artistic skills.

I'd be impressed if thelighthouse was still great. With nerfing it's been relegated to good. neenerneener

Congratulations on landing and GIFing the Good Light House guys!

(November 17th, 2020, 03:30)Brian Shanahan Wrote:
(November 13th, 2020, 00:15)Gaspar Wrote: For the record, I made the GLH gif myself and I would like someone to be impressed by my artistic skills.

I'd be impressed if thelighthouse was still great.  With nerfing it's been relegated to good. neenerneener

Maybe I shrink the size of the 3D model too to visualize the nerf more clearly. neenerneener
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(November 17th, 2020, 05:06)Charriu Wrote:
(November 17th, 2020, 03:30)Brian Shanahan Wrote:

I'd be impressed if thelighthouse was still great.  With nerfing it's been relegated to good. neenerneener

Maybe I shrink the size of the 3D model too to visualize the nerf more clearly. neenerneener

Good idea. Make it the centrepiece of your next update.