As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

1) The heroes' fight in the dungeon to the northwest, manually, in a situation where the demon possessed the magicians gave "unhandled excepcion".
2) My bears don't seem to regain life.

Attached Files
.zip   2.zip (Size: 256.99 KB / Downloads: 1)

20Dec2020 version.

1) BUG: The death spell Final Wave also kills all of YOUR normal units (who fail the save) in addition to your enemies, contrary to spell text which says only enemies. Can be easily tested with Shift P. If you're high men, it'll likely kill most of your own units.

2) BUG: On a shift-P start, casting drain power on an opponent wizard. The UI says you'll gain 640 ish mana towards your own SP. What actually happens is you gain 145,000 mana and no matter how many casts, your SP never goes up.

(December 20th, 2020, 18:04)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:Dark Elf units are out of ammo and can no longer attack flying units, but the Flee button does not turn green.
Did you satisfy all other conditions? For example did the opposing wizard stop casting spells 3 turns ago?
Some Sprites with Resist Elements attacked a Neutral city and retreated after 25turns.

Finds in version 2020-12-21:
(The same game that was started in the previous version.)
  • Casting Dispelling Wave – sometimes - causes a Crash message. Sometimes after pressing Enter or Esc, the popup tells what has been dispelled, only that it wasn’t. It happens quite often, but not always in this [1.sav file: Warrax attacks lair 62 53]
  • A draw - fleeing with Green button or after 25turns - sometimes generates the message: “You have lost 1 fame.” But in this battle no units were lost except on the opposing side. [the same 1.sav file: Marcus attacks node 13 34]
  • It is possible to remove the Great Worms one by one from this Node by repeatedly casting Cracks Call. These should not be affected by this spell due to the Merging. Since it takes a bit of luck to try this out, I added a short movie.
  • When loading, the last Chancellor message (that was there before loading) is adopted, but that certainly doesn’t matter. When loading after restarting the game, the last Chancellor message was not saved.
  • June 1514 Tauron defeats Jafar - 1 AI less ... 13 picks found on Myrror so far
  • After shooting at the last Chaos spawn in lair 93 65, an unhandled exception crash occurred. 2.sav attached 
  • The same crash happened later in the lair 10 22 after Cracks Calling the last Great Wyrm there.

Attached Files
.zip   20201221_dispelling_wave_bug_and_worms.zip (Size: 307.19 KB / Downloads: 1)
.zip   20201221_cracks_worm_movie.zip (Size: 2.93 MB / Downloads: 0)
.zip   20201221_chaos_spawn_crash.zip (Size: 325.37 KB / Downloads: 1)

BUG: Items which say Death save at -3 have give the hero trait "R. Death -2", etc.

Got an unhandled exception 3 turns in to a new game during AI turn, no idea what caused it. Version 12-21

Save and log: https://we.tl/t-H9NgrcoL1G

EDIT: I think I found the source of the problem, and the one below this post. I was replacing the old files with the new version's without deleting the old ones. When I deleted all of the generated .dat and .set files, then relaunched Caster.exe the problems disappeared, and the graphics changed too.

I tried to replicate and the exception didn't happen again, but then when I summoned a sprite, its upkeep was 65,000+ gold.

Save: https://we.tl/t-iucvssT3mH

EDIT: See above, already found fix.

@massone

The new combat grid added a new completely new file. I’m sure all the memory locations got bumped in the new executable.

Just out of pure curiosity... why do you do it that way? You have to download the whole 1gb zip each new version. Why not just do a clean install in a new folder? Again, do what makes you happy. Just curious about your process.

Because I assumed that the game would just rebuild the .dat and .set files on a new version. It always took a long time to load the first time after I update, so that's what I thought it was doing. Turns out it actually loads faster from clean install. It is easier for me to hit extract and replace all, keeping my saves, than to make a new folder and move all the saves over then delete and rename.

EDIT: Another point is that this is how a lot of games are normally patched during release builds. The patchers simply extract and replace old core files, with all the temp files rebuilt. A lot of games put the temp files into a separate folder, and then use a file checksum to see if it needs rebuilding. When there's an issue, players are often advised to delete the temp folder so the game can rebuild fresh.

Flying Galley can't move while in combat on land. Move the stack near honeypool onto nature node to replicate.

https://we.tl/t-L9WfNA6utX

Hard lock crash. Repeatable. Cast Summoning Circle on "01 Nn Start" city.

Disclaimer: This is from my alternate "play with game balance" game, however, I ported the save over to the CoM2 Pure build game folder and the crash is repeatable there as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd38t6xglouswuh/8.sav?dl=0

Additional BUG: Cancelling Earth Gate enchantment on a city causes a fatal error. Verified on Pure build with Freya Shift+P, cast Earth Gate on Capital. Try to cancel enchantment.

I've seen the enchanted to fly (normally water) ships can't move in combat on land thing massone as well.