As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

Quote:Ok I managed to find a save with the bug, just move the Beastmaster stack one tile North East onto the city and sharee will cast confusion on him (and it always seems successful....8 out of 8 tries). Once you get control of him confused just try to cast dispel magic and it crashes.

Found one crash, when clicking on the slider. It wasn't related to confusion though, dispelling confusion worked correctly - maybe that bug was already fixed.

Ah maybe it was unrelated and the only time I used the slider was for dispel magic when the hero was confused.

When defending your city the units diagonally opposite from the entrance can't leave the city, I think they could in the original. Either way it's annoying to have to rearrange all units in your city to get units out to fight.

The numbers next to trade goods in your city aren't the same amount that is listed when you click the coins on the left to see the breakdown of gold for the city.

When the enemy casts a certain spell on your units (I think it is black sleep) the mouse over details on units in the top left corner doesn't work the next turn in battle.

Quote:The numbers next to trade goods in your city aren't the same amount that is listed when you click the coins on the left to see the breakdown of gold for the city.

If you mean the "+X" on the production bar, that's the amount of excess production that will carry over to the next thing you build.
Trade Goods doesn't consume leftover production, it only converts production that was generated while it was set.

(March 28th, 2021, 08:05)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:The numbers next to trade goods in your city aren't the same amount that is listed when you click the coins on the left to see the breakdown of gold for the city.

If you mean the "+X" on the production bar, that's the amount of excess production that will carry over to the next thing you build.
Trade Goods doesn't consume leftover production, it only converts production that was generated while it was set.

Ah then yes that's what it was, it's not quite clear what that number is. Is there room to list the trade bonus you get and excess carried over as well?

My orc veteran bowman has 2 shields and my halfing veteran bowman has 4, is that intentional?

Going from plane to plane the towers don't quite match up in the same place.

A neutral high elf city has lizardmen javelineers in it.

The planes are different size.
I'll check the bowmen stats, sounds like a bug or typo.
The neutral city was probably conquered by raiders and wasn't neutral originally.

Why are the planes different sizes? It makes it hard to figure out where you need to go.
My city has 3 iron and a coal with a miner's guild and units get exactly 50% discount. Shouldn't it be higher with miner's guild?
Another wizard had a stack of 9 unbuffed nagas and managed to beat a tower with storm giants in it with no casualties (at least it looked like that is what happened). 
I got offered some mercenary veteran high men magicians, but the description when they were offered said 0 experience.
Gates of Hades used to happen at the end of both player's turns, but now it happens after the turn of who cast it, which means if you are attacking it affects your units before you have a chance to move any of them.
When do other wizards give up? I'm a long way ahead of the remaining wizards with most of the power and 75% of the land/population.
Don't you get all spells anymore when starting with 10 books? I get the option of 3 guaranteed rares when starting with 10 nature books.

Just found a chaos node with the two halves of the battlefield completely divided by a line of mountains. The chimeras don't seem to be able to fly over them either.

Quote:Why are the planes different sizes? It makes it hard to figure out where you need to go.

I guess it could have used a different ratio of land/sea instead but then we'd have a lot of unnecessary ocean on the smaller plane. The amount of land tiles needs to be different because the number of players on the plane is.

Quote:My city has 3 iron and a coal with a miner's guild and units get exactly 50% discount. Shouldn't it be higher with miner's guild?

It always had a cap of 50%.

Quote:Another wizard had a stack of 9 unbuffed nagas and managed to beat a tower with storm giants in it with no casualties (at least it looked like that is what happened). 

There should be detailed logs after every combat. Was there anything unreasonable in the log? (too much spell damage, etc)

Quote:I got offered some mercenary veteran high men magicians, but the description when they were offered said 0 experience.

Already fixed in the next coming beta.

Quote:Gates of Hades used to happen at the end of both player's turns, but now it happens after the turn of who cast it, which means if you are attacking it affects your units before you have a chance to move any of them.

Feature. "End of Turn" is now handled separately for each player. This way spells like Web will have the same effect regardless of being the defender or attacker. In the previous system, Web affected the opponent 1 turn longer because the Attacker had their turn before the "End of turn" while the Defender had it after.
In case of Gate of Hades, the same applied except on that spell the old system favored the attacker - their Gate of Hades affected the Defender before the Defender was able to react while the Defender's spell did not take effect until after the Attacker's turn.

Quote:When do other wizards give up? I'm a long way ahead of the remaining wizards with most of the power and 75% of the land/population.When do other wizards give up? I'm a long way ahead of the remaining wizards with most of the power and 75% of the land/population.

When the sum of the ratio of your sub stats on F4 (army, spell power, etc) is at least double the sum of everyone else total. It didn't work at all in Alpha though. This had a few adjustments in betas, currently it happens when your strongest enemy is below 50% or the sum of all enemies is below 75% of your power.

Quote:Don't you get all spells anymore when starting with 10 books? I get the option of 3 guaranteed rares when starting with 10 nature books.

Yes, you don't get all the very rare spells. You get 8 out of 12 but 3 of them are guaranteed. You get all rares though so the total amount of spells you get is unchanged, there simply are 4 more spells in the game now per realm.

Quote:Just found a chaos node with the two halves of the battlefield completely divided by a line of mountains. The chimeras don't seem to be able to fly over them either.

This should have been fixed in the previous beta update.

Possibly related :

Quote:-Fixed bug : In Automatic Combat, poison and resistance based touch attacks deal double the intended amount of damage.

tho the resistance of the giants, and their ranged attacks, should be enough to beat nagas either way unless there are far too few giants and no other units defending.