As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(May 30th, 2021, 03:18)MrBiscuits Wrote: If a hero has Pandora's Box and is in the corner of the screen often the monsters will appear off screen and can't be moved.

I second this.

I think I finally found what might be the reason for this one.
Spells cast from an item by a hero don't show the slider.
The value of "Caster" is undefined outside combat, it's likely the last person or unit who used a spell in the last combat. The variable isn't used for overland casting, so should only be checked for a non-item cast while in battle.

If this theory is true, you should be able to reproduce the bug by entering battle and casting a spell from an item then immediately leaving combat. I'll fix it either way.

101. Changed to show "4 Spells have been dispelled", or the actual number when more than 3 spells are hit by the effect. There is not enough space to list more than 3 spells reliably in the window and I don't want the "window spam" solution that was in the original game.

102-104. This was kept as a feature. The AI can also cast these spells on stacks and units outside their current range of vision. It's only fair to allow the player to do the same. It's a similar trick as finding where an invisible enemy unit in combat is by the walk cursor changing to X if the unit is there which most people use consistently.

105. Probably a feature to allow dispelling curses from allied units and cities. Do we want to keep that possible? It can sometimes be useful and I see no abuse potential.
Unlike city curses, unit curses have no "owner" so it's not possible to exclude your own Stasis unfortunately. Either I disable casting on targets you don't own or not.

106. True, it show the warning but doesn't abort the spell. Will be fixed in the next update.

107. Don't remember, guessing green was unreadable on purple.

108. Fixed

109. I see 3 in the code. Did you have Ruler of Heaven active? It boosts religious power sources by 2.

110. According to code, Attack and Defense is doubled but Resistance is not. Seems intentional, I'll fix the text.

111. Bug. Effect was applied for wizards 1-max. Player is wizard 0. Will be fixed in the next update.

112. The only way this can happen is if the unit was in combat at the time of the last stat recalculation and somehow managed to not get a recalculation after combat which should be impossible. Is there any chance you tried to attack a lair with that unit, cancelled that attack and the unit was left with their "in combat" stats as a consequence of not having a combat actually happen? There isn't anything else I can think of.
Either way it's a mostly cosmetic problem, as doing anything at all will almost always recalculate all units before the stats could affect the game but I'll fix it if we can find the cause.

113. Will fix for 1.0.6

114. Bug, fixed for 1.0.6.

115. Confirmed, same typo in code as Gaea's Blessing. Fixed for next update.

116. Good catch, maybe Power Link shouldn't count towards the displayed graphs and victory condition. This should be a new discussion, please open a thread for it. We'll decide what to do after the 1.0.6 update, I want to test and send it today.

117. World is too small. The chance of spawn is something like 1/25 per tile. With that few tiles it's possible to roll zero success. Not a bug, the world is just so small that it scaled down the "invasion" to sometimes get zero monsters. Maybe it might be a good idea to prevent the event window from showing if zero monsters were generated or try again?

118. Fixed.

Quote:If a hero has Pandora's Box and is in the corner of the screen often the monsters will appear off screen and can't be moved.

Also fixed for 1.0.6.

Guardian spirit is noncorporeal, those cannot raise as undead. They have no body. This was add about a year or two ago in the DOS version.

If everything goes well I'll do some playtesting today and send the files in before sleeping.

...okay, maybe trying to invade Sss'ra continent at 1am after working all day isn't the best idea. Just a few turns to be sure the game is stable I guess, these changes were not particularly large so I'm not expecting problems, I just don't want to send in the update right after that many small fixes.

Fleeing from combat sometimes makes the units flee into the ocean, and then drown.

Do you have a save file to reproduce this? I never had it happen.

Save file for fleeing into drowning attached.. just entangle, and web everything, and then flee. Then watch them drown.

When a target city is full and you try to use Earth Gate, you get a message indicating that using the gate has failed. After clicking off the message, the units start running there which is definitely NOT what I want to happen.

Attached Files
.zip   2.zip (Size: 453.13 KB / Downloads: 1)

119) Got Stream of Life despite having only 1 Life book, researched it and can cast. Last save and turn save when it should still be in research. 

.zip   saves.zip (Size: 286 KB / Downloads: 0)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(May 31st, 2021, 08:13)hackflow Wrote: 119) Got Stream of Life despite having only 1 Life book, researched it and can cast. Last save and turn save when it should still be in research. 

That's not a bug.  Stream of life is uncommmon.  Single life book does allow you to research one random uncommon spell.

70) (again)
AI's global spells dosn't get removed when their economy crash. Feels bad that I can't remove their annoying global spells by crashing their economy.
This is also one of the same arguments you use for the "too weak vanish"-function. To remove the extra global spells.
If they just remove the spells when they run low on mana income a large part of the reason for "too weak vanish" .. well.. vanish..
Also they can continue to maintain a larger army at the same time.

76) (again)
You did notice that the last AI in my game was getting removed by the "too weak vanish"-function, right? As you said, the last 4 wizards shouldn't be removed by this function.
Found a reason behind this and a solution? Should I test again?

80) (again)
AI dispand army in fortress when low on mana.
I know that it is because I gave the AI massive mana. My point was mostly that the AI prolly shouldn't dispand so agressivly from the capital when their economy collaps. But maybe dispand army stacks away from the fortress first.

86) (again)
Placing units to block of enemy citys and settlers. This is way too effective to not do something about.
Sure. I don't violate anything if I don't have a wizard's pact. But I just win the game by placing 8 spearmen around his fortress and by not doing anything else.
In my game that I showed in number 86 he only attacked one of my units in almost 100 turns.

Also just blocking of all neutral spawn spots is super cheap and way too effective defence. Neutrals are the primary reason to have defence for a very large part of the game.

100) (again)
Mana slider bug. Just tested and casting a spell from an item starts the bug every time.
But I havn't used a hero with an item any of the times I have stumbled into the bug this far. So can't be the only source.. Hmm..

Arfter som more testing I can also confirme with: Fire giant(fireball), giant spiders(web), demon lords(demon), phoenix(raise), priests(heal), warlocks(doom), saints(heal) and shamans(heal).
Looks like any ability "spell" cast in combat starts the bug.

Seems like any normal spell cast in combat afterwards removes the bug again.

102) (again)
"trick as finding where an invisible enemy unit in combat is".
I also consider this a bug/abuse/something that should be removed tongue (I always use it myself though *cough* but anyway..)

Number 103 and 104 seems fair because you actually cast a spell to find the enemys location. But number 102 seems just like straight up abuse.

109) (again)
I definitely had Ruler of Heaven active. Whoops. duh

Picking Cult leader and 7 life books I can pick Ruler of Heaven and then 4 Death books I have 40% chance of getting dark ritual.
Resulting in 105 extra mana in every city.. That.. Is pretty strong..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2velytzr0iwmt...r.png?dl=0

112) (again)
Wasn't trying to attack a lair. But was looking for a fight with Merlin to test Eternal Nights -1 resistance. But don't think that I had an attack order placed when I planeshifted and the event triggerede, maybe the AI had an attack planed on me? Sometimes I got attacked by Merlin when reloading.

117) (again)
Invasion event: Removing the popup if no monsters spawns or force spawn at least one monster would prolly solve the problem.

V1.00.05: Rebels produce race-specific resources, e.g. halfling rebels generate research, dark elf rebels generate power. Is it intended?