As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

The crash happens on the line where the AI decides whether they want to build housing or not.
It was caused by the new feature that enables cities to grow above size 25 - the housing decision table had a size of 55 which can be exceeded if a very large size city with a race that grows fast exists on the map for lower difficulty levels.
At this time, the only way to prevent this bug from happening is by changing the maximal population cap to a lower value in the Modding.INI file and reloading a save file from a few turns ago.
The city that is causing the crash is named "Jollyville", belongs to Raven and has a maximal population of 40.

The bug will be fixed in 1.1.2.

About that game where many chaos wizards were casting Chaos Surge making their units invincible.
It probably was the result of a bug.
The AI is supposed to only cast the spell if the number of own and allied Chaos units exceed the number of everyone else's.
However I discovered today that the effect was implemented in a reversed way, they used the spell if the enemy chaos units plus their own outnumbered the allied ones.
Under normal conditions, 6 Chaos wizards who aren't allied would never cast Chaos Surge at all as it makes their enemies stronger more than themselves.

(July 4th, 2021, 17:29)jhsidi Wrote: I thought AI wizards had a cooldown before breaking treaties? I made a wizard's pact with Ss'ra (ruthless personality) and he broke it the next turn. Here's the save file for the turn before he breaks it, although I can't be sure he'll repeat: https://ufile.io/kr2urpa6

Also quick question. I've seen people discussing 1.1. My Gog version is on 1.01.00. Is that what is meant by 1.1? Or is Gog stuck back on an old version?

That is a save file for the DOS version of the game.
Only the windows version has that feature.

Edit : The variable for the treaty turn limit exists and is checked at the appropriate place.
However absolutely nothing sets it or has any other reference to it. I suspect this was a planned feature we decided not to implement due to abuse potential.

BUG: Divine Order doesn't affect Stasis, even though it's a unit enchantment.

BUG: When a unit loses the extra health from Heroism, and gets revived with Raise Dead, it gets raised with half health before losing the health from the buff, resulting in being revived with 0 or negative HP, which becomes 1 HP with no figures during combat.

BUG: On the item Bow of the Reaper, it grants Death, Save at -3 or Die, but on the unit it appears as R. Death Touch -2 instead of -3.

191)
CASTERWIN.html - units: Elven lords only have 4 hit points instead of 14. (I had high hopes for a few seconds there..)

192)
Sharee gets banished, cast spell of return. Picks an outpost as her fortress city.. uhm.. okay..?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kppfesoy9oyxl...t.sav?dl=0

192. The AI picks the city with the strongest army in it. Was that outpost well defended?

192) (again)
That is actually quite possible.. His other citys defences had all taken some damage, so it might have been the strongest.. Can't be sure though..
Didn't think it was possible to pick an outpost at all..

Defeating a wizard means their outposts never grown and stay as outpost for the rest of the game.

I'm trying to cast resist elements on my Thief hero, but he doesn't appear in the list of units in his square (save attached).

Sometimes you can right click on empty space on units in the city screen and it brings up units (presumably units that used to be in the city).

Attached Files
.zip   5 thief not appearing when buffing.zip (Size: 100.33 KB / Downloads: 0)

Stealth units being untargetable was fixed in 1.1.1 but Slitherine is still working on that update.

BUG: Holy Weapon cannot select Destiny unit as valid target, even though the description says "Units whose original type is a normal unit are a valid target, even if they have been converted to fantastic by another spell".