As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

No description of destiny spell in html help file attached to the mod.

BUG: In the below save and screen capture, Healing didn't work on my Paladins even though they were normal and did not have Healing immunity. The first heal worked, then subsequent heals did nothing. I recorded the subsequent heals which did nothing.

https://we.tl/t-5oYvGcQmS2

The battle was an attack on Mourndar in Myrror, using only the two heros and invisible paladins (the rest of the 6-stack was not used in the battle).

Destiny is permanently converting to unit to be a fantastic creature. It's no longer valid for Holy Weapon.
Pretty much like Lycanthropy, not like Chaos Channels.

Paladins : Looks like they took irrecoverable damage? How did they get hurt?
I was able to heal them without problems although I'm on version 1.1.2 not 1.1.0 and there have been healing related problems fixed meanwhile.

(July 12th, 2021, 18:48)Seravy Wrote: Paladins : Looks like they took irrecoverable damage? How did they get hurt?
I was able to heal them without problems although I'm on version 1.1.2 not 1.1.0 and there have been healing related problems fixed meanwhile.

Ah, it looks like it was stoning damage. Completely forgot that the Cockatrices had an irrecoverable ranged stoning touch after it died in the first turn.

Mostly small corrections to the manual here..

193)
CASTERWIN.html - Channeler: "Banished wizards with this retort only pay a 2x range penalty" vs "Allows the wizard to cast spells in combat without range penalties, and even while banished, the range penalty is reduced to half."
Also Channeler have a typo, Channeller.
(Also isn't the sentence structure a bit confusing? Shouldn't there be a "." in there somewhere? Is it without range penalties or half penalty when banished?)

CASTERWIN.html - Artificer: "first rare spell that will show up in your spellbook will be Create Artifact." Not mentioned ingame?

CASTERWIN.html - Conjurer: "you produce 25% more research when researching summoning spells". vs "Reduces (...) research costs of all summoning spells by 25%." Those are different things..

CASTERWIN.html - Astrologer: "2 power for each 6 game turns elapsed" vs "2 power for each year elapsed"

194)
CASTERWIN.html - Common Units: Cavalry have 5 attack not 4

CASTERWIN.html - Common Units: Magicians are missing 4 ammo and 8 resistance in their text

CASTERWIN.html - Common Units: Galley says that it have 8 ammo and 10 ammo in the same line. Also missing scouting 2

CASTERWIN.html - Common Units: Warship says that it have 10 ammo and 10 ammo in the same line. Also missing scouting 2 and long range

195)
CASTERWIN.html - Buildings: Forester's Guild gives +6 food instead of +3 now. Also says +3 food in the ingame popup text.

CASTERWIN.html - Buildings: Granary gives +4 food instead of +2 now. Also it is required for Animist's guild. Also says +2 food ingame popup text.

CASTERWIN.html - Buildings: Farmer's Market gives +6 food instead of +3 now. Also says +3 food in the ingame popup text.

CASTERWIN.html - Buildings: Alchemist's Guild is required for Amplifying Tower

CASTERWIN.html - Buildings: Cathedral also gives -1 unrest for each nightshade.

CASTERWIN.html - Buildings: Animist's Guild now have food harvest by +2 and also healing rate of +66%. Ingame text also says food by 1.

CASTERWIN.html - Buildings: Barracks is also required by Colosseum

196)
Maritime Guild ingame popup text says 3 gold/turn but cost 5 gold/turn

Monuments ingame popup text says 2 gold/turn. Only have an upkeep of 1 gold/turn

197)
CASTERWIN.html - Barbarian: Spellzerkers have missile immunity

CASTERWIN.html - Gnolls: Wolf Riders have 5 health and Scouting 3

CASTERWIN.html - Gnolls: Jackal Riders actually have 8 figures? Only looks like 7 units? Pretty unsure about this.

CASTERWIN.html - Halflings: Gives +2 food per farmer now

CASTERWIN.html - High Elves: Longbowmen have long range

CASTERWIN.html - High Elves: Elven Lords have poison immunity

CASTERWIN.html - High Elves: The flying unit Pegasai dosn't have forester. But it does have scouting 3

CASTERWIN.html - Klackon: Stag beetle also require stabel to be build.

CASTERWIN.html - Lizardmen: Carrak have only 14 melee not 18, also missing that it have 6 ammo.

CASTERWIN.html - Lizardmen: Dragon Turtle have fire immunity also water walking, but javelineers is also missing water walking, so this is prolly intended.

CASTERWIN.html - Nomad: Horsebowmen have first strike

CASTERWIN.html - Nomad: Priests have healer, purify and healing spell

CASTERWIN.html - Nomad: Rangers have poison immunity and scouting 3

CASTERWIN.html - Nomad: Spelled differently Griffons vs Griffins?

CASTERWIN.html - ORC: Horde only have 4 defense and 4 resistance instead of the 5/5 it says in the manual.

CASTERWIN.html - ORC: Wyvern Riders have 5 movement and 5 poison instead of the 4 move and 6 poison in the manual. Also typo in Posion in he manual.

CASTERWIN.html - Beastmen: Priests have 8 resistance instead of 11. Also healer, purify and healing spell.

CASTERWIN.html - Beastmen: Manticores have +10% to hit and scouting 3

CASTERWIN.html - Beastmen: Minotaurs have 4 defense and not 5

CASTERWIN.html - Dwarf: Steam Cannon have poison immunity, mountaineer, wall crusher

CASTERWIN.html - Dwarf: Golem dosn't seem to have Resist Elements

CASTERWIN.html - Dark Elf: Apprentice has scouting 2

CASTERWIN.html - Dark Elf: Nightblades has scouting 2

CASTERWIN.html - Dark Elf: Warlocks has scouting 2

CASTERWIN.html - Dark Elf: Nightmares has scouting 2

CASTERWIN.html - Draconian: Saints has scouting 2

CASTERWIN.html - Draconian: Doom drakes has scouting 2

CASTERWIN.html - Draconian: Air ship has wind walking, wall crusher and scouting 2

CASTERWIN.html - Troll: War Mammoths cost 180 production not 150. Have cold immunity and wall crusher.

198)
CASTERWIN.html - Interracial Unrest Table is dublicated.

199)
Orc have -1 gold unit maintenance. Settlers, engineers and catapult cost are unchanged. Magicians only cost 1 gold, seems to be a reduction of 2 gold?

Setting the HouseType of a race to 3 in races.ini crashes, even if you make a fourth set of housing images.

Yes, MaxHousetype is not in modding.ini yet. I plan to add it at the same time I add the possibility of more races.

200)
I can't dismiss this group of units, can't quite figure out why.. Happens to different groups of units, sometimes to only one of the units..
Winning a fight with the unit or moving away from the tower and end turn fix the problem. Only had this problem with units that end their turns on towers..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlnx8b04es355k...s.mp4?dl=0
(Full group of units on the tower next to Ebonsway)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hv7itaeo0jr57d...s.sav?dl=0
(Only top middel great drake on the tower next to Stony Peak)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqy7jsdghebpc4...2.sav?dl=0

201)
AI keeps removing forest around its citys with change terrain even though I have Roots of genesis active..
(AI also have Roots of genesis active, but it also cast change terrain when I remove his Roots of genesis)
Just click next in previous savegames..

202)
Aether flux says it effects all spells, but wave of despair isn't effected. This is prolly very very intended. But it does say it effect all spells except for SOM..

203)
Dispelling wave removes all my beneficial spells on my units.. That.. Dosn't feel quite intended..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4hgqe1gxblfuv...e.mp4?dl=0

204)
I can cast Uranus' Blessing on a dwarf city. A city that can't build Magic Market, Wizard's Guild or Amplifying Tower.. Only race with zero benefit from this spell..

200. The only possible reason for that is the units somehow gaining an "in combat" flag, as units can't be dismissed during battle.
However, once combat ends, all units clear that flag so in theory it cannot possibly remain on the unit after combat.
I checked the save file and "incombat" is enabled for the affected unit as expected.
Question is, what happened before this to cause that? I couldn't find anything in the code that sets the flag other than entering combat, but then leaving it should clear the flag.

201. Removing Forest when enemy has Roots of Genesis makes sense. It's not different from removing enemy Volcanoes during Armageddon.
Removing it while they have their own Roots of Genesis still makes some sense - +1 maximal population is often worth more economically than 1 power.
Removing it while the city has Gaia's Blessing on it might be bad though.

202. Yes, works as intended. Wave of Despair is unaffected by all cost changing effects, including the event.

203. I'm more surprised you could target your own units with it. That should be a spell that only targets enemy units.
...indeed the condition for the unit to belong to a different player is missing. Will be fixed in 1.1.2

204. Better to keep that allowed, otherwise if people mod the buildings allowed for races, it'll become inconsistent with race data. It's good enough that the AI will not cast it on them.

I'm on 1.1.1 on Gog which I believe was supposed to change the issue with undead healing. I'm not sure if regeneration works properly now but healing through life drain / syphon life does not.

When an undead (e.g. undead efreet) casts syphon life now, the spell adds HP to their bar but preserves their existing, missing HP. So for example, if my undead efreet starts the battle with 4 HP missing and does a syphon life, it gains all the HP from the syphon but the UI still shows the 4 missing HP. After the battle, it's back to how it started.

I think that's slightly different from 1.1.0, iirc that version didn't show the HP still missing during battle if they cast syphon.