As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

Quote:They should unless they still have military that's better than yours or you kept triggering effects that delay peace like, attacking their cities or casting curses or hammering them with peace requests too often.
In general, every turn when they are lower in military than you (or you times 1.25, something like that, don't remember the numbers) the variable used to roll for peace increases, but your actions can still deplete it faster than it grows.
If they have the upper hand in military my a large margin (like, twice yours), the variable decreases over time and they never offer peace unless you bribe them into doing it by raising the variable a lot in one go.

Yes they do have a better military than me. It isn't much fun when you fall behind on military if they will just attack you forever until you lose with little chance of peace.
On the other hand if you're doing better than them they leave you alone to treasure hunt or pick them off at your leisure.

This seems the wrong way around from a fun point of view.

How often should you ask for peace? I had no idea asking caused it to be less likely to happen.

Also does winning a large % in battle against them help them offer peace? I'm still not sure.

https://masterofmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Peace_Interest

So basically, you get a +10 each turn.
Then you get, based on your relative military to the AI :
0-25% : -15 (total -5)
25-50% : -10 (total +0)
50-125% : no change (total +10)
125%+ : +4 (total +14)

So as long as your military is more than half of the AI's, peace will eventually happen but it happens faster above 125%.
Asking for Peace costs 40 Peace Interest.
If the AI asks you and you refuse, it costs more, probably around 100.
Any relation loss that would be caused by killing units is converted to half that much loss in Peace Interest during war.
Other negative actions (like curses) have no effect on it.

(August 21st, 2021, 07:43)Seravy Wrote: Any relation loss that would be caused by killing units is converted to half that much loss in Peace Interest during war.

Wouldn't it make more sense for units lost during a failed offensive (i.e. the AI was the attacker and lost the battle) during war to increase Peace Interest instead of decreasing it? Just a thought.

I use Animate Dead unit I use possession on but it coming back on wrong side (it coming back as enemy unit)

(August 21st, 2021, 18:06)drake178 Wrote:
(August 21st, 2021, 07:43)Seravy Wrote: Any relation loss that would be caused by killing units is converted to half that much loss in Peace Interest during war.

Wouldn't it make more sense for units lost during a failed offensive (i.e. the AI was the attacker and lost the battle) during war to increase Peace Interest instead of decreasing it? Just a thought.

This only applies when they player is the attacker though.
The AI's own attacks don't cause a relation loss.

This may or may not have anything to do with CoM II, but when testing a unit-based mod that doesn't touch any spell.dat priority attributes (and nothing there for that matter other than a couple slight spell cost tweaks), no wizard is interested in researching tree of knowledge.

Version 1.01.02 and save included as link but not sure if all the unit changes make this impossible to load.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/g5roz38kt...4.sav/file

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What race are those wizards playing?
Wizards with Halfling or Barbarian as their home race delay researching that spell.

(August 22nd, 2021, 09:01)Seravy Wrote: What race are those wizards playing?
Wizards with Halfling or Barbarian as their home race delay researching that spell.

Klackon and Dwarves (good question).

I made sure AIres script and spelldat did not have anything weird, outdated compared to the latest unmodded version.

March 1409 was my save, but issue extended as far as 1411 (when winning the game).

Not sure if number of wizards (2) or the world-equalizer setting might have an impact. Players normally don't play with these odd settings.

zitro1987>
Game crash when I try to load your save.

231) (again)
Eternal night. Fixed the "working in lairs and vs neutrals" too?

239) (again)
Animate dead dosn't mention anywhere that heroes ain't a valid target?
Spell says "Raises a dead unit in combat as undead"

Also it sounds like Suppanut have found one of the usual problems with Raise dead/Animate dead, this isn't fixed yet or is it comming in next patch?

Just tested, still buggy:
If I cast possession on enemy unit and it dies I can raise dead on it as if it was my own. It is raised with all spells/buffs still on it. Fights for the enemy.
If I cast possession on enemy unit and it dies I can animate dead on it. It is raised with all spells/buffs still on it. It is fighting for the enemy.
Pretty sure it was the same with confusion. We talked about this back in number 176

248)
Your homepage is not up to date.
http://seravy.x10.mx/CasterofMagic/CASTERWIN.html
Is a 1.0 version of the file. But I guess all these files is not really up to date?

249)
Item enchantment prices. Is this uptodate? (Because it is way off).
http://seravy.x10.mx/CasterofMagic/CASTE...94e21a.gif
Do we have any lists or anything of what it is supposed to be?

Quote:Klackon and Dwarves (good question).

I made sure AIres script and spelldat did not have anything weird, outdated compared to the latest unmodded version.

March 1409 was my save, but issue extended as far as 1411 (when winning the game).

Not sure if number of wizards (2) or the world-equalizer setting might have an impact. Players normally don't play with these odd settings.

In theory nothing except the research priority and research priority script should have any effect.
The only other thing I can think of is the AI getting stuck researching a different, expensive spell so they never get a chance to select this one, and/or the common spells with better priority being too expensive.
Turn on debug and check when the AIs make any research choices and/or what they are researching and how much RP they get per turn.