As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

Yeah, this is not related to Suppanut's mod. Something changed with this version. I'll research more later, but starting games and doing nothing but hitting turn 90-100 times ... tree of knowledge seems very delayed.

Update, a halfling wizard casted it! No luck elsewhere. This might narrow down the problem!

No, that's not a bug, the spell is supposed to affect battles even if the enchantment's owner is not participating.

Heroes were never a valid target for it, though it might be undocumented in the base game.
https://masterofmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Animate_Dead

Added the control change bug to my list to fix.

Yeah I should upload the newer files there, I keep forgetting.

That seems to be outdated, yes.
We don't have a list because the non-linear item costs make it kinda meaningless.
The total cost of your item won't be the sum of the costs of each power. The only way to know how much an item actually costs is inside the game.

So if halfling wizards cast tree of knowledge, but not lizardmen and others.

I suspect AIres script is at fault. Im testing without mods

As far as I see, the priority calculation (including priority coming from the script) is entirely logged, so if there are problems there, it should be in the log.

Druk'gyalpo START TURN PROCESS FOR TURN 175
Gold income for the turn =130
Mana income for the turn =54
SP income for the turn =79
Research income for the turn =128
Druk'gyalpo finished researching Fate Mastery
AI considering spell research option :Endurance
Base priority :597
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :597
AI considering spell research option :Resurrection
Base priority :740
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :740
AI considering spell research option :Raise Dead
Base priority :690
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :690
AI considering spell research option :Sanctify
Base priority :625
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :625
AI considering spell research option :Disenchant Area
Base priority :1121
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :1121
AI considering spell research option :Detect Magic
Base priority :990
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :990
AI considering spell research option :Enchant Item
Base priority :624
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :624
AI considering spell research option :Tree of Knowledge
Base priority :118
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :698
Druk'gyalpo selects research :Endurance

This is dwarves

(August 22nd, 2021, 09:43)Mqz Wrote: 239) (again)

Just tested, still buggy:
If I cast possession on enemy unit and it dies I can raise dead on it as if it was my own. It is raised with all spells/buffs still on it. Fights for the enemy.
If I cast possession on enemy unit and it dies I can animate dead on it. It is raised with all spells/buffs still on it. It is fighting for the enemy.
Pretty sure it was the same with confusion. We talked about this back in number 176

What is the desired outcome?

Raise Dead brings the unit back without enchantments, so while the unit was yours at the time of targeting it, Possession gets removed and the unit will now be owned and controlled by the enemy. Technically, given the current definition of the spell, this works correctly.

Animate Dead, if you target a unit owned by the enemy, this changes the owner of the unit to you. However it doesn't dispel the enchantments. So you get a unit owned by you, that still has Possession on it. Given the technical specifications, that means the unit is yours but the enemy is controlling it through a Possession spell. So this too "works correctly" but definitely should do something else as it's not intuitive at all.

For Raise Dead...
-we can't force the unit to be yours. It would allow permanently keeping their unit after battle.
-so we probably should change the spell to either not remove control changing effects or not remove debuffs in general. Shouldn't it ONLY remove buffs in the first place?

For Animate Dead...
-we could make this simply dispel any control changing effects or debuffs in general.

(August 22nd, 2021, 10:24)zitro1987 Wrote: Druk'gyalpo START TURN PROCESS FOR TURN 175
Gold income for the turn =130
Mana income for the turn =54
SP income for the turn =79
Research income for the turn =128
Druk'gyalpo finished researching Fate Mastery
AI considering spell research option :Endurance
Base priority :597
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :597
AI considering spell research option :Resurrection
Base priority :740
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :740
AI considering spell research option :Raise Dead
Base priority :690
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :690
AI considering spell research option :Sanctify
Base priority :625
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :625
AI considering spell research option :Disenchant Area
Base priority :1121
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :1121
AI considering spell research option :Detect Magic
Base priority :990
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :990
AI considering spell research option :Enchant Item
Base priority :624
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :624
AI considering spell research option :Tree of Knowledge
Base priority :118
Running Script AIRes
Total priority :698
Druk'gyalpo selects research :Endurance

This is dwarves

Looks like the script added the +580 for being Halfling even though they are not?

It should look like this :
: Tree of Knowledge is delayed for races that have no armorer's guild tier unit :
if (SPE=STreeofKnowledge) %AND
((HOMERACE(W)=RCHalfling) %OR (HOMERACE(W)=RCBarbarian)) THEN { prio=prio+580; }

I don't see anything particularly wrong in that line of script.

...found the problem.
After the AI selects their starting race, it is only used to set their fortress city race.
It isn't being set into the home race variable, which, staying at race 0 makes every player counts as a Barbarain race player.
The line to set the home race got accidentally removed when the script for AI race selection was made.
This will be fixed for the next update.

So, we can fix this severe issue by adjusting the line in AIres (data folder) involving tree of knowledge to have a much smaller number?

Just remove the line entirely and it's going to work well. (other than the fact Halflings and Barbarians will also want to research it like everyone else)