As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(September 11th, 2021, 02:52)Seravy Wrote: Did anyone see this crash happen in version 1.2? If not then we can probably assume the changes were sufficient to fix the bug.

I have not seen yet. Hope you have fixed this weird bug in version 1.2.

B34. Necromancer hero’s Arcane Power *+1 changed to Arcane Power *+0 when I cast Heroism on it. ArcanePower.sav. Also, it is partly hidden by the scrolling arrow.

B35. Update text on hero's Caster skill from 1/6 to 1/5 of wizard’s overland spell. ArcanePower.sav

B36. After I won a game and got the congrats report, I loaded back my last turn. The turn started by a lot of wrong messages gaining fame and heroes making levels. I think this was still in the memory for defeating the AI wizard. WinGame.sav. If I tried to load an earlier game right after winning I got a Crash. WinCrash.doc

B37. Raise Dead raised my Necromancer during battle, spells were lost, but the mana was at full at the level it was before dying: 80(45). Effects of Focus Magic and Heroism remained. WinGame.sav

“S53. Don't scan if you don't want to. The feature stays as is.” OK, but I did not ask for its removal. I asked for an option. If nothing else, at least modding in the future.

S54. Add an internal clock to the game that measures how long the game was open. When someone starts a new game it resets to 0. When you close the game, it stops counting. When you start COM II it continues to count from where it was.

Does Haste apply when retaliating?

Attached Files
.zip   E.zip (Size: 166.73 KB / Downloads: 1)

B34. I bet that's actually a 6 with the different part covered by the arrow. Some ability names are too long and the arrow has to be somewhere, can't be helped.
B35. Done.
B36. Combat report window was not cleared on winning. Fixed for next upload.
B37. Added a new rule that forces units to never have more than their maximal MP. That should fix this.

S53. Making it an option doesn't make it less work, if anything it makes it become more work instead.
S55. Works as intended. It was pretty hard to make it work correctly to be honest, there is no way I'll ever change that or make it even more complicated to understand and code.

Haste does not apply when retaliating.

Uploaded.
I will send the files to Slitherine tomorrow evening. Until then, please only report bugs that are severe enough for last minute changes.

Crash bug.

*It occurs when the group (with only a few active units) engages in combat in the northwest facing the steam cannon and a troll swordman.

*When press wizard icon in UI too.

Attached Files
.zip   1.zip (Size: 572.44 KB / Downloads: 2)

“B34. I bet that's actually a 6 with the different part covered by the arrow. Some ability names are too long and the arrow has to be somewhere, can't be helped.” I think removing the space before * or before P would be a better option than hiding the value. Second option is moving the scrolling arrow closer to the top right corner. It looks like a single pixel move of the arrow would be enough. Third option is to change the font, so the 6 does not have a big belly and starts to curve on the left.

“S53. Making it an option doesn't make it less work, if anything it makes it become more work instead.” I know that. I much appreciate the huge amount of quality work you put into this amazing project so many others already tried before but failed. We are here trying to help you as best as we can.

(September 11th, 2021, 14:25)Cruel100 Wrote: Crash bug.

*It occurs when the group (with only a few active units) engages in combat in the northwest facing the steam cannon and a troll swordman.

It's not crashing on my side. Please verify you have the correct files and no changes or unusual settings.

(September 11th, 2021, 14:54)Seravy Wrote:
(September 11th, 2021, 14:25)Cruel100 Wrote: Crash bug.

It's not crashing on my side. Please verify you have the correct files and no changes or unusual settings.
Strange. But I re-downloaded it and it looks like it's ok.

Tried using the files that were uploaded last directly taken from Caster120Test.zip as is, and no crash.

Cruel100> Tried loading the game 20 times and pressing the [wizard] icon and engage the units in battle, no crash.

Seravy> Not sure what part of the world you are in. When is tomorrow evening for you?
I have a large game with litterally hundreds of floating islands running.. So far plenty of destroyed ones without any crashes..