As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(September 17th, 2021, 07:48)Seravy Wrote: Something is strange with that save file.
I get a drop in FPS even if I do nothing just look at the map.  I don't think I saw that happen even on other very large maps.

Crash happens directly after Sharee sets production in Silverdale so probably that city, or the next city processed after that has a problem.
Unfortunately, due to save incompatibility I can't load this in my 1.2 version where I can use proper debugging to find the exact source of the problem.
I will need to roll back my files for that. Added to my todo list.

Thank you.

B37. Zombie Mastery only raises Zombies from fallen friendly units? I had a battle where AI lost 4 and I lost 2, and AI won the battle. AI only raised 4 Zombies and not 6. Zombies.sav

B38. When I captured a city I hovered over the lost buildings in the bottom row. Their text was too low and outside of the screen. LowBuildingNames.doc, LowBuildingNames.sav

B39. Wave of Despair spell description is unclear. Which unit’s resistance? Also, formula does not seem to match the outcomes. I had 6 units. Resistance and damage they received were 11-2, 15-3, 17-1, 12-2, 13-1, 14-3, respectively. Also damaged units don’t get frozen after the spell. And add to text that Death Immunity does not help. Does Resist Magic, Bless, Elemental Armor help?

B40. “This Unit cannot attack that unit” message came up by error during battle immediately after moving my heroes. LowBuildingNames.doc, UnitCannotAttack.sav

B41. Still unclear how to setup my defenders on Tower to fight on my plane. They all should fight on the side they just arrived or I set them to patrol, right? Or do they fight on the side the attacker comes from? What is the rule?

B42. Triremes sometimes move extra tiles on their own immediately after I give them to first movement order that is a neighboring tile. It is probabilistic behavior and hard to reproduce on purpose, but it keeps coming up. Maybe 1% of my moves slip. I suspect it is because my single mouse click is interpreted as 2 clicks. Nothing wrong with my mouse. Maybe too fast processing and not uniform time. I also suspect that this is more likely to happen on Myrror. TriremeSlip.sav. Even patrolling Skeletons move sometimes immediately after Trireme without clicking them. And sometimes Skeletons move 2 tiles instead of 1.

S59. Animate Dead offers list of identical named units. They should be listed in order they died from top to down. So I would know which one had spell on it. Or even better, right click on button should display the unit with spells and stats.

S60. Aerie is the name of both my and the AI’s Illusionist hero in the same time. It would be better to offer different names to the AI to lower duplicate name. MOM and COM were like this.

Attached Files
.zip   G.zip (Size: 432.33 KB / Downloads: 1)

S60. Unfortunately the old hero name list only had names for up to 5 players. We can have 14 players in the game now.
B41. They fight on the side they were when you pressed the Patrol button.

Added this post to my todo list.

(September 18th, 2021, 03:22)Seravy Wrote: S60. Unfortunately the old hero name list only had names for up to 5 players. We can have 14 players in the game now.

Added this post to my todo list.

I think you could create name list open for our forum member to expand or mod. I'm sure that many of us would cooperate with you and help in this.

If possible, I would want heroes to able to spawn to lead stack on raiders' side from time to time too.

(September 18th, 2021, 04:32)Suppanut Wrote:
(September 18th, 2021, 03:22)Seravy Wrote: S60. Unfortunately the old hero name list only had names for up to 5 players. We can have 14 players in the game now.

I think you could create name list open for our forum member to expand or mod. I'm sure that many of us would cooperate with you and help in this.

Maybe there is an easy way similar to city names. The Heronames file could contain the list copypasted 14 times with IDs for 14 players. Names could be replaced by anyone who would like to.

"Monsters Rampage" display as "Raiders" faction in combat, is it intentional?

More like, not worth running a search and checking whether the units are normal or fantastic just for that while there are more important features to work on. Technically they are both the "Neutral player" and being fantastic is what determines if they are raider or monster.

(September 18th, 2021, 03:22)Seravy Wrote: B41. They fight on the side they were when you pressed the Patrol button.
It does not work that way now. It is bugged then. Also, arriving unit that used up all movement points cannot be patrolled.

You are right, the attacker's location determines the plane in the windows version, not the defender's. So the plane the unit was patrolled on doesn't matter. I will have to implement switching the battle locations for this to work.

(September 19th, 2021, 11:27)Seravy Wrote: You are right, the attacker's location determines the plane in the windows version, not the defender's. So the plane the unit was patrolled on doesn't matter. I will have to implement switching the battle locations for this to work.

I think it is ok if the attacker's location determines the battle as long as it is consistent on this. It is a clear rule and with no subclasses. This is how it works against the original neutrals defending anyway. Just need to inform the users. It is too easy to get confused or make mistake, which plane the defenders patrol with so many cases to account for. Also, the defenders start next to the tower. The attackers are further away which implies that they have not passed through the tower yet. Simplicity is a good game design principle.