As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

I think quick casting has freezing bug. When Aeri the illusionist casts 2nd magic, game always freezes.

Please post the save file for that.
Edit : Please also give me instructions how to reproduce (which enemy to attack, which spell(s) to cast on which target(s)).

Hello. I attach sav file. 
In the combat if Aeri cast magic twice using quick cast ability the game freezes.
If you load sav file I attached, just select aerie and attack nearby city and cast magic twice using aerie.

Sorry for my poor English and thank you~

Attached Files
.zip   8.zip (Size: 159.63 KB / Downloads: 1)

It didn't crash for me. Please specify which spell to cast.

In my case error occurs for all spells aerie cast second time. Even if I start a new game, casting spells with aerie has the same problem. Maybe it's my personal hardware problem but no problem playing game. Thank you

Confirmed. It happens in version 1.2.1 only. It doesn't happen in the version 1.2.2 I'm working on. was probably caused by the change that was reverted meanwhile.
So this will be fixed in the next update.

What change would that be?

I'm suspecting this one :
Quote:-Reverted 1.2.1 feature : "-The combat pathfinder will treat tiles as if they had a movement cost at most equal to the moves remaining on the unit. This should prevent the AI trying to go around cost 2 tiles using cost 1 units when going through would be faster.".

After quick casting twice on a move 3 units, the unit is left with -1 moves and that plus the above change is likely to freeze.

Hang in my game.  Next turn... and flee the battles until tauron attacks with 2 wyrms, thief, stone giant.

Attached Files
.zip   3.zip (Size: 575.64 KB / Downloads: 1)

Didn't crash on my side. It's probably caused by the same thing as the above bug. Tauron used Entangle which does mess with unit movement.
Let me know if the problem persists in the next update.

Until then, here is the next turn although there is a high chance it'll happen again whenever Entangle is cast.

Attached Files
.zip   8.zip (Size: 577.18 KB / Downloads: 0)