As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

B109. Confirmed. Wind Walkers shouldn't be able to carry units that have zero movement left. This will be fixed in the next update.
B108. Confirmed. This will be fixed in the next update.

Is it intended that Exorcism on a Chaos Channeled hero means the hero's items can't be looted? I guess that would work like Petrify or Disintegrate. I think the body would return to the ether and the items would clang to the ground!

Yeah, all irreversible damage destroys the hero's equipment upon killing them.

I have a CoM for Windows .sav file from May 2021 but I cannot get it to load it just crashes. Also, after upgrading the CoM version all my .sav files were wiped out. Can I still get my May game to work with the current version?

Unfortunately there have been a save format change to add modding support. The files themselves are still there, the slots only appear empty, but you can't load from versions older than 1.2.0. Unfortunately you have to revert to the previous version to finish those games.

Still playing on the regular. Just don't have any bugs to report. More's the pity. I don't want your time machine to get all dusty from lack of use.

I try to mod reaper slash into corrosive blast as I swap its place across the realm with fate mastery and I encounter problem.

1) I want to use old animation and sound but while old sound retain, animation change to generic chaos spell and even if I try to use custom=true and customanimation, animation not change along with it.
2) I change damage type from poison to non-magic and irrecoverable but damage type still retain as poison (unit with poison immunity still take no damage) but now could target unit with poison immunity. It retain old damage type.
3) When I try similar thing on other spells (swap fire bolt and life drain, in quest to try to change fire bolt effect in Fate Mastery) , damage type also do not change as well but it consider unit with immune effect to invalid target (fire bolt on life drain's slot could not target skeletons).
4) I still could not find way to change fire bolt in Fate Mastery, I suspect that is not actually fire bolt spell but fire bolt-like effect set by script somewhere else

I have another game which my own domination rate stuck at 2.1% or 2.2% again, it start when one of my enemy get spell of mastery. He cast it soon after but quickly put down and defeat within 18 turns after that. But after defeat my domination rate not back up to normal. Does this mean Win button is permanently shut down if one AI wizards get spell of mastery even if he already defeated?

I'm pretty sure that no other wizards has spell of mastery (due to time constrain between each of them gain new spells, and the one that truly has one gain it with help of primary race is halflings and enlightenment GE with large empire size.) One runemaster wizard still spend his power on research indicated that he still in process of researching spell (I suspect spell of mastery), Other Life wizard with Englightenment spell has very small empire size and just recently gain new spell (Ruler of Heaven) so although she not spend power on research, I don't think she has spell of mastery yet. Another wizard, Tlaloc who not spend power on research also just recently gain spell (ruler of underworld) too, so I think it is too early for him to have Spell of Mastery. The rest still spend power on research so I don't think they would have spell of mastery too.

How to check spell in other wizard books in debug mode?

And does normally ai wizards sign peace treaty with wizard casting spell of mastery? I see Ariel and Oberic sign peace treaty with Druk'gyalpo (caster of spell of mastery) who still not yet stop casting spell of mastery only to declare war again next turn.

And does

Here is save file but this save is from warlord mod version 1.3.1 (CoM2 1.3.0)

.zip   save.zip (Size: 1.12 MB / Downloads: 0)

Here is log file of a turn during this save

.txt   log.txt (Size: 153.9 KB / Downloads: 0)

Here is my familiar's screen

Here are my Historian graph

Floating Island seems to be bugged. When you move the spell to a non Sorcery realm, it plays the generic overworld animation for that realm, but doesn't summon an island.

1. Confirmed. This should be fixed in the next update.
2. Confirmed, there were two hardcoded checks for spell id an immunity and one of them was still there. This should be fixed in the next update.
3. Same as 1.
4. It's a hardcoded effect. Modding end-of-turn effects is not supported currently.
Spell of Mastery  : Confirmed, defeated wizards still counted towards SoM blocking the victory condition. This should be fixed in the next update.

Moving Floating Island to a different realm is currently not possible.