As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

Some effects of Mystic surge stay after combat -- Undead and all of the Magical Weapons/Adamantium/Mithril/Orachalcon (sp?).
I can understand Undead, it is a regular risk in using the spell, but the weapon effects allow you to produce fantastic creatures with Adamantium weapons and such.
I am not sure if it is intended.

Crash in 1.3.1.  

In the saved file attack Rotheim, and click on the info button.

Attached Files
.zip   4.zip (Size: 480.87 KB / Downloads: 2)

Typo in the help file. The right click info for Magic Immunity. The first "completely" is correctly spelled. The 2nd time the word "completely" is used it is spelled completly. Easy fix.

Other than that .ini file issue (+firebreathing stacking infinitely and permanently every combat turn) for MODDING.INI changes to Blazing March, and (modded casting cost) Earthquake triggering Seismic Mastery infinitely... my very very long 1.3 game has been stable and bug free. I hope your respite from daily fixes finds you well and in good spirits Seravy. One of the things I've always wanted was a version of MoM that didn't crash 80 hours into the game, and you have given me that gift. Then made it moddable! Thank you.

Edited, thanks to zitro1987 reply, thank you zitro1987.

two bugs please:

1. floating island - sometimes will lose it's movement if you select the units in it first or select them together, etc...
2. resist magic does not show as +5 crosses.

Thank you,
Barak.

Note that holy weapon dies not apply to breath and ranged magic attacks

Node aura extends past the one tile - if your defending town is clise enough to node, monsters can still receive the +2 bonuses

(January 14th, 2022, 13:36)GMBarak Wrote: Edited, thanks to zitro1987 reply, thank you zitro1987.

two bugs please:

1. floating island - sometimes will lose it's movement if you select the units in it first or select them together, etc...
2. resist magic does not show as +5 crosses.

Thank you,
Barak.

1. Floating island has 0 move the turn you cast it by design. Are you sure it isn't that?
Also there is a mechanic to stop you from transporting units twice in a turn. You cannot make infinite moves with ship chains
2. Doesn't cover all resistance checks. From the DOS version manual:
"Poison being the only efffect that doesn't count magical but checks magic resistance"

See https://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Casterof...manual.pdf and search for Resist Magic.

Started working again. There aren't enough changes yet to send the files to Slitherine so I will slowly add more spell modding features until it's worth doing so. I still don't accept feature requests until spell modding is fully functional which probably will take a while, and even then only REASONABLE feature requests.

Current progress :
Code:
Bug fixes, gameplay, general
-Fixed bug : When a player starts on a tiny island with no room for placing the starting lairs, they are placed on water, causing the game to crash on the first turn.
-Fixed bug : Combat info button crashed when there were more than 4 shared global effects to display.
-Combat info can now show up to 8 shared global effects.
-Fixed bug : Ruler of Underworld shows wrong icon and isn't right clickable in the shared global effects section of the info dialog
-Fixed bug : The AI saved mana in fortress battles to use in non-fortress battles instead of the other way around.
-Fixed bug : The last menu item in the Spell Charges menu was not clickable.

Modding
-Added debug mode logging of generated random hero abilities when starting a new game.
-Fixed bug : Blazing March fire breath and lightning breath bonus was applied wrong.
-Fixed bug : "NodesExemptfromWizardsPacts=1" only affected display of treaty violations but not the effects.
-Settlers and Engineers are no longer hardcoded to be exempt from wizard pact checks,
instead a new Ignorepact=1 flag is added to the UNITS.INI file to provide this effect.
-Removed the hardcoded 50% chance of AI rampaging monster stacks not getting generated,
and instead doubled MonsterCounterKAI in Modding.INI to result in roughly the same effect.

1) Not sure if a bug or works as intended:
If melee attack is lowered to 0 (Weakness spell), units can’t damage others in melee at all
If thrown attack is lowered to 0, units can’t initiate combat against fliers
But if magical ranged is lowered to 0, units happily shoot and inflict damage (they do have some melee attack left)

2) Scoring option “Treasure Impact” crashes game generating Lunatic/Phantasm difficulty Maximal 13 opponents.
After several tests, I tend to think it is due to additional wizard picks - fewer opponents may sometimes generate successfully

3) Probably not a bug, AI targeting
When opponents get “fire ball” spell, they get less efficient in killing regenerating units in small-scale battles
It normally goes: fire ball -> fire ball another/fire bolt damaged -> change targets
If used only fire bolt, I’d give 30% chance to wipe both regenerating units, but this targeting causes zero harm

4) Probably not a bug, AI targeting
I attacked wizard fortress with 5 shadow demons & 4 vampires (all regenerate)
AI had robust defense and SD could barely do any damage, yet AI concentrated on wiping them all out while vampires slowly ate their units with breaks between meals (if any was heavily injured, AI immediately capitalized and finished vampire off)

I have found this bug for a while since version 1.0.x but I could not found good spot that could repeat the bug and could not found condition to trigger it.

Here is savegame from my recent version of Warlord mod

.zip   MysticSurgeCreateUndead.zip (Size: 278.6 KB / Downloads: 1)

At chaos node here has 3 efreets. Every time one of three efreet cast mystic surge and has blood lust enchanted on, if your unit die in battle or while fleeing, they would raise as undead. This bug does not happen often so it hard for me to able to create condition to recreate the bug.

To recreate this bug.
1) attack lair with night stalker
2) mystic surge casted on efreet must generated "Blood Lust" enchantment (if they don't roll and get this, reload and try again)
3) your unit die in combat or during flee.