As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(January 29th, 2022, 14:11)mshih Wrote: 1800GP should be an initial ruin -- not destroyed city.  Destroyed city treasure is never that high. 

It's likely a lair that the AI has whittled down for you without taking.

Could be that high in late game, late game I get some city with 2000-3000 GP depend to how big that city was. This tend to happened due to stacking up of Call the Wild overwhelm ai's defense.

(January 29th, 2022, 13:40)JustOneMoreTurn Wrote: Does no one else find empty ruined cities?  Maybe I've modded something that's broken the raiders, but I've found these empty cities very common.  Some of them have fairly large rewards (1800 GP recently).  I think empties are more common than city ruins _with_ remaining raiders.  I'll have to try an unmodded game and see how that turns out.

It could happened sometimes if you use Call the Wild, but it would not automatically empty, just that you could gain random chance for all monsters in lair end up roll for not participate in battle (25% chance for each monsters). Not often but could happen.

Okay, so it's a modding 'unexpected bug'. I have modded lair strength and monster costs, although I don't see why that would cause this. Monster stack approaches city, city turns into ruin, I send a unit in and immediately get a "You are triumphant!" message and some amount of gold. I have seen new ruins with the monsters that attacked it, but they seem less common than empty ones. Hmm, maybe cheaper monster costs means that autocombat lets the raiders attack when they should lose, and it somehow wipes both sides out? I suppose I'll have to restore the monster costs and see. I did prefer the mix of raiders I encountered that way, but maybe I can do something similar by altering the % values for raiders in Modding.ini.

More of a text issue than a bug: when having ‘smart familiar’ setting on, it occasionally warns you about my army suffering ‘mediocre losses’. I associate ‘mediocre’ as a measure of quality, so it comes off sounding strange.

I recommend replacing with the word ‘moderate’

AI has Death Ward on his own city and attempts to cast Death spells.

To reproduce:
1. load the attached 1.sav
2. Go to the hero Selena the Healer
3. Attack capital of Horus to the north.

He likes casting Reaper Slash.

I think is is integral part of spell ward which counter all spell of that realm it ward against except that wizard has spell of mastery.

I have been playing a game on phantasm against warlord myrran draconian wizard---he has dance with death/reinforce magic as globals, he casts metal fires in battle
and now his draconian shieldbearers have fire breath 68--which is ~ double a great drake--then his shieldbearers one shot all my most powerful units--fun!---I am playing the warlords mod, so don't know if that is involved

(February 1st, 2022, 16:45)funktopus Wrote: I have been playing a game on phantasm against warlord myrran draconian wizard---he has dance with death/reinforce magic as globals, he casts metal fires in battle
and now his draconian shieldbearers have fire breath 68--which is ~ double a great drake--then his shieldbearers one shot all my most powerful units--fun!---I am playing the warlords mod, so don't know if that is involved

If it is old version of warlord mod, this coming from bug in blazing march, fire breath never back to normal and keep stacking up the more time you are using it. I have already remove fire breath buff in recent version and I think Seravy has already declare he will fix this problem in game engine in next release.

(January 31st, 2022, 23:29)Suppanut Wrote: I think is is integral part of spell ward which counter all spell of that realm it ward against except that wizard has spell of mastery.

Shouldn't the AI be smart enough to not cast spells of the warded realm?
That particular wizard has all the realms - the most books in Sorcery and 1-2 in each of the others. He surely has some alternatives.

Anyway, another small spelling bug. In the F12 "Continents" is spelt "Contients"

(January 30th, 2022, 14:49)JustOneMoreTurn Wrote: Okay, so it's a modding 'unexpected bug'.  I have modded lair strength and monster costs, although I don't see why that would cause this.  Monster stack approaches city, city turns into ruin, I send a unit in and immediately get a "You are triumphant!" message and some amount of gold.  I have seen new ruins with the monsters that attacked it, but they seem less common than empty ones.  Hmm, maybe cheaper monster costs means that autocombat lets the raiders attack when they should lose, and it somehow wipes both sides out?  I suppose I'll have to restore the monster costs and see.  I did prefer the mix of raiders I encountered that way, but maybe I can do something similar by altering the % values for raiders in Modding.ini.

Monster and lair numbers are relevant only at the beginning of the game.
If you saw the lair being created by monsters by destroying a city, then it's not relevant.
If you have a save file from the turn before the monsters destroy the city, I can check what causes them to not get placed into the ruin.

One possibility though is if you have Call the Wild spell in play, each monster has a 25% chance of not participating in battles against you. So you only need to roll that 25% chance for each monster and then the lair will seem empty even if it isn't. That shouldn't happen frequently though, the chance is low.

Death Ward : Seems to be an AI bug, I'll check.

Edit : Confirmed, there was a typo in the variable name where the AI checked for spell ward in combat. This will be fixed in the next update.