As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

In my current game, I've pretty much won controlling most nodes on both planes and two of my opponents have cast Call the Wild. And yet I almost never see any stacks of monsters appear.
Shouldn't they be spawning around the nodes I've melded with?

(March 4th, 2022, 01:23)MrBiscuits Wrote: In my current game, I've pretty much won controlling most nodes on both planes and two of my opponents have cast Call the Wild. And yet I almost never see any stacks of monsters appear.
Shouldn't they be spawning around the nodes I've melded with?

The chance is 1/30 on each node per turn.
It excludes nodes that have no enemy cities within a range of 8, "enemy" meaning anyone who is not the owner of Call the Wild.
There has to be an adjacent free land tile near the node.

(March 2nd, 2022, 10:59)mshih Wrote:
(March 2nd, 2022, 01:58)prokolyo Wrote: Attack Kali's fortress with the Ninja. The magicians cast dispel magic and the game crashes. I tried to cancel all of the Ninja's buffs to see what's gonna happen, but the first buff that I try to cancel, and the game crashes. I don't know if it's relevant, but the game was started prior to 1.4. Still it went for quite a few turns after the update without crashing.

PS Tried to attack another city in the vicinity, game crashed after dispelling wave...

Seravy has already fixed a bug with dispel magic/dispelling wave and submitted to slitherine.

Guys, any idea when this fix might hit GOG or Steam? I bought the game on Steam too, but it still shows 1.04.00...

on steam, you can rollback to 1.3. Opt into the beta.

I wish I knew, I got no response to my mail yet.

Probably not a bug per se, but a bit of AI strangeness:

Chaos AI likes to put Wall of Fire on cities even before these have regular walls. When besieged by ranged units, AI troops stand behind the fires and slowly die. It would make some sense if they had +Def wall bonus, but Fire Wall is turned against them

Had tested this only in shadow demons vs defender AI scenario, will need more testing to check what “convinced” them to remain inside

Yes, that sounds like a problem with the "stay behind walls" logic in the AI. Let me know if you have more information.

Is it possible to allow custom buffs cast on a unit to be cancelled on the overworld? The Scripts file says to use the negative value of the enchantment ID in AddAbilityLine to implement this, but writing -63 for the provided Stone Skin example as the first variable in its corresponding ability line in DisAbil.CAS didn't make it cancellable.

(March 10th, 2022, 04:01)Anskiy Wrote: Is it possible to allow custom buffs cast on a unit to be cancelled on the overworld? The Scripts file says to use the negative value of the enchantment ID in AddAbilityLine to implement this, but writing -63 for the provided Stone Skin example as the first variable in its corresponding ability line in DisAbil.CAS didn't make it cancellable.

Bug in the script command, unfortunately the first parameter was not read correctly.
It'll be fixed in the next update.

What about their aura? I've noticed that custom buffs do not set an aura even when they do take effect. Will that be fixed too?