As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(March 11th, 2022, 05:48)Anskiy Wrote: What about their aura? I've noticed that custom buffs do not set an aura even when they do take effect. Will that be fixed too?

I completely forgot about that.
This is why implementing spell modding will be a slow process, there are so many details that make it almost endless smile
I'll add it to my list of things to do.

Playing with version 1.3.0 and have a crash when I press next turn (attached). Also all the power graphs of the other wizards have gone to zero for some reason.

I've noticed invisible units from mass invisibility lose any buff auras they have.

Attached Files
.zip   2.zip (Size: 165.17 KB / Downloads: 2)

Weird glitch - pressing the Plane button moves my Shadow Demons out of the stack they were in, and one space to the right.

Also, the forum wouldn't let me upload my save until I renamed it from .sav to .gam - not sure if it needs to be renamed back to .sav to work properly.

Planes have different dimensions, which are not 100% compatible. You can go from (2) Arcanus tiles onto same Myrran tile, but only to (1) of them back

(March 16th, 2022, 00:51)Rainor Wrote: Planes have different dimensions, which are not 100% compatible. You can go from (2) Arcanus tiles onto same Myrran tile, but only to (1) of them back

I didn't know this, thanks for clarifying. Sorry for the report of a non-bug.

I try to use new display ability feature of version 1.4.1 but all new display ability I put as enchantment createunit.cas not showing up. Script seem to not error as game not crash. All file I change for this are master.cas, help.txt, disabil.cas, and createunit.cas. I did not change spell.ini due to I intend for them to be label tag of some ability change only.

What could causing this? and What files I need to edit to make display ability show up?

edited: I could make them show up now, first I need to expand UX list in modding.ini and then I need to remove all excess "halt" I put in and keep only the last one at the end of file in disabil.cas

UnitCalc.CAS can set the No Healing enchantment for buffs cast on the overworld, but not in combat. Why is this?

Also there doesn't seem to be a ranged bonus or penalty defined in MASTER.CAS, so it's not possible to apply a buff or debuff to those attack types while displaying golden/grayed out icons.

(March 19th, 2022, 04:12)Anskiy Wrote: Also there doesn't seem to be a ranged bonus or penalty defined in MASTER.CAS, so it's not possible to apply a buff or debuff to those attack types while displaying golden/grayed out icons.

True, added it to my list of things to work on for the next update.

Quote:UnitCalc.CAS can set the No Healing enchantment for buffs cast on the overworld, but not in combat. Why is this?
No idea, post the script that doesn't work.

For example, if I write this(replace EncFrenzy with any custom enchantment of your choice) in UnitCalc.CAS:

Code:
IF (GETCOMBATENCHANTMENTFLAG(U,EncFrenzy,0)>0) THEN {
SETENCHANTMENTFLAG U,EncBloodLust,0,1;
SETENCHANTMENTFLAG U,EncNoHeal,0,1;
}

IF (GETOLENCHANTMENTFLAG(U,EncFrenzy,0)>0) THEN {
SETENCHANTMENTFLAG U,EncBloodLust,0,1;
SETENCHANTMENTFLAG U,EncNoHeal,0,1;
}

Then cast it in the overworld, I'll get Blood Lust and No Healing applied to the unit. However, casting it in combat will only grant Blood Lust, not No Healing.