As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

I have some weird encounter in recent version of Warlord mod. Some creatures with stat and power intentionally above very rare tier which I design to almost impossible to create undead (base resistance 15 with +4 bonus from its own resistance for all) end up created as undead by autoresolve army of ai mono-death wizard with tool which impossible under normal tactical battle (its resistance alone above level that life steal ability of any units could take effect and too tough all create undead damage unit to make any damage at all). How this happened?

Automatic combat raises undead based on unit cost, not resistance, as some abilities don't depend on resistance. (Create Undead specifically but Syphon Life also has a high enough modifier to work on almost everything.)

It might possibly be an improvement to use a formula that includes resistance like (cost*[resistance+6])/12 instead of just "cost"?

(with that example, it would be 50% more expensive to raise a resistance 12 unit compared to resistance 6, and 100% more expensive for resistance 18 but still would not be impossible.)

(May 2nd, 2022, 02:40)Seravy Wrote: Automatic combat raises undead based on unit cost, not resistance, as some abilities don't depend on resistance. (Create Undead specifically but Syphon Life also has a high enough modifier to work on almost everything.)

It might possibly be an improvement to use a formula that includes resistance like (cost*[resistance+6])/12 instead of just "cost"?

(with that example, it would be 50% more expensive to raise a resistance 12 unit compared to resistance 6, and 100% more expensive for resistance 18 but still would not be impossible.)

Please add resistance to formula. My submod contain some crazy rampage/lair only units which should not be too easy created as undead. Even with how ai able to defeat them with army that impossible in hand of player is baffle me enough.

If possible, there should be check for death immunity and non-corporal when raised undead in automatic combat too.

I don't know why I kill enemy hero with wave of despair in city defend by my undead unit, I don't get artifacts on hero although hero die in battle with that spell.

Wave of Despair deals irrecoverable damage.

What exactly is irrecoverable damage? Is it irrecoverable only in that combat? Does it remain forever after combat? What other effects result from it, such as this example of heroes being unlootable?

It's damage that can't be healed in that combat except by effects that add new/higher maximal HP instead of healing existing damage. If the unit dies and the majority of the damage was this type, it can't be raised from the dead, converted to zombies, resurrected after combat, and if it was a hero, the items are destroyed.

Thanks. I kept wondering exactly what irrecoverable damage was. Maybe add that to the manual if you are doing an update.

I attacked a phantom beast with a fully buffed cavalry and killed it in one strike. The cavalry however took retaliation damage. Is it intended behaviour? Phantom beast does not seem to have negate first strike. Happened at least twice.

First Strike is limited to dealing up to 24 damage before retaliation (to avoid killing very rare creatures in a single strike by heroes, mainly) and unfortunately Phantom Beast has 25 HP so while it's not an intended target of the first strike nerf, it is affected by it.

Maybe Phantom Beast could be changed to have 24 hp instead of 25 to avoid this unintended interaction although I feel that getting rid of this unintuitive solution and simply adding Negate First Strike on the rare and very rare units that are meant to be protected by the nerf is a better solution?