As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(May 31st, 2022, 22:06)Suppanut Wrote: Seravy, have you check why creature in my Warlord mod crash in combat? crash only happen when I fight with that creature as I created it  undead from lair against other wizard.

I've tried but got a crash due to the difficulty level changes coming in the next update. I'll need to try again with the older files.
The first thing that looks suspicious is the 150 hp. Maybe it causes an overflow AI's unit rating calculations? Next highest HP unit in the game, Hydra, only has 90 total.

I've reinstalled the mod on the 1.4.2 base files.
Attacking the enemy city near the army in the save file does not result in a crash. I was able to win the battle. Passing a turn and attacking another city still didn't cause a crash.

(May 25th, 2022, 10:43)jhsidi Wrote: Here's the save file for seeing a Sorcery player casting useless spells on a Death unit: https://ufile.io/783a2mwd

Take the skeleton northeast to attack the Rogue's / light purple player's stack. He'll probably cast Vertigo, possibly Confusion. In the same game there's Rjak, who has Exorcise and usually uses it on my Shadow Demons -- but sometimes he casts Confusion instead.

Confirmed. While skipping the immunity check is correct for Illusion damage spells, it's a bug to skip them on unit curses. This will be fixed in the next update.

(May 30th, 2022, 21:18)jhsidi Wrote: I'm pretty sure that the Very Rare global Ruler of the Underworld is not working. Here's a save file with a group of a few undead units preparing adjacent to a 9 stack of the grey wizard's units. Try walking into their stack and fighting their wolf riders with your wolf riders (may need to reload if he leads with an exorcism): https://ufile.io/tjcf96tj

The stated stats of the enemy's wolf riders are 9 attack / 4 defense, plus Prayer's bonuses. Your wolf riders are at 11 attack / 6 defense. So the enemy should be about even or win. BUT with Ruler of the Underworld, your actual stats on the wolf rider are supposed to be 11 attack / 14 defense, which would mean you'd handily win. This is clearly not the case; in several test battles, the enemy's wolf riders are trading more or less evenly.

So I guess it's just granting ordinary weapon immunity (i.e. the type that's completely useless after turn 5), rather than the supposedly impenetrable type the spell is supposed to grant. I think when this is fixed, for clarity to the player, instead of granting the "Weapon Immunity" trait / icon, there should be a new icon and name for the trait, such as "Absolute Immunity".

Side note on this spell-- even if it did work correctly, it's not worth researching or using. The Wraith Form it grants only applies in battle; why? It should apply on overland as well. The weapon immunity portion looks great, but the reality is at this point in the game, the dangerous enemies are largely summons or magical ranged troops, not normal units. Granted, I'm fighting a wizard using normal troops in this save, but he's at the bottom of the power rankings for a reason (Life / gnolls).

Tested this and the weapon immunity did trigger for the +8 defense.

However the enemy unit has 9 attack with 50% chance to hit (with Prayer) while yours is 11 attack with only 30% chance to hit. While it's not enough to completely cancel the effect of weapon immunity, it's enough to make it hard to notice as both units can damage the other at medium efficiency.

(June 1st, 2022, 01:22)Seravy Wrote: I've reinstalled the mod on the 1.4.2 base files.
Attacking the enemy city near the army in the save file does not result in a crash. I was able to win the battle. Passing a turn and attacking another city still didn't cause a crash.

I have just testing that old save on mod for version 1.4.2 and it crash on second turn of combat after end my turn. It might coming from spell that I'm in middle of adding but I think it more like old bug I ask you earlier.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 34.07 KB / Downloads: 1)

A small bug, and I'm not sure if it's been brought up before:

In Windowed Mode, the system Mouse-cursor and the Game-cursor seem misaligned.  Whenever I try to move to the right side of the screen, my mouse leaves the window before the game-cursor even begins to touch the edge.

This is as far to the right of the screen as I can move the game-cursor before the System cursor leaves this window:

[Image: pc0itOM.png]

(version 1.04.03)

Has anybody else experienced something like this?
(The problem goes away in full-screen, where the system and game cursors are in perfect alignment)

I tried just to be sure and I don't have that problem. I can move the cursor to the very last pixel of the window before it changes.

Maybe try editing the window size settings in window.ini?

My settings are :
[GameWindow]
X=134
Y=103
WIDTH=960
HEIGHT=720

Also To hit bonus on weapons with Doom is useless. makes you get a high tier artifact which is in-fact useless.
I think also merge and teleport are not much of a use combined...
Also lightning and doom is a useless combination.
Already mentioned that phantasmal and doom should be mutually exclusive...
Phantasmal and lightning might be useful in some cases but in most cases will be useless assuming the best bonus will be used..

This makes the selecting "More random items" in Options screw you over for selecting it...

Actually, these pairs are so unless it might make sense to put them into the same "item power group" which makes them mutually exclusive in general, not just for treasure but also item crafting.

Except...it's not that simple.

Doom is useless with + To Hit so they could be in the same group.
Doom and Phantasmal are useless together so they too could be in the same group.
But To Hit and Phantasmal are very good together and so they can't be in the same group, creating a paradox that's not solvable with the existing grouping system.

But wait, some enemies are immune to Illusions so while it's suboptimal, Doom+Illusion on the same item makes sense.
Lightning is pretty much the same (Lightning Resistance).

To be honest these are pretty expensive item powers so the probability of getting two or more on the same item is not that high.

The only clear case I see is not pairing Doom with a To Hit bonus.

The other half of the coin is that this is not something that happens often so it's barely worth the attention. Most items don't have enough budget to add two of these powers and even if they have the chance of actually rolling them is even less especially considering items have a finite "high cost" slots. I'm not entirely sure something that affects probably around 0-3% of the items ever made is really worth a complex solution and additional restrictions.

(June 7th, 2022, 11:16)Seravy Wrote: Actually, these pairs are so unless it might make sense to put them into the same "item power group" which makes them mutually exclusive in general, not just for treasure but also item crafting.

Except...it's not that simple.

Doom is useless with + To Hit so they could be in the same group.
Doom and Phantasmal are useless together so they too could be in the same group.
But To Hit and Phantasmal are very good together and so they can't be in the same group, creating a paradox that's not solvable with the existing grouping system.

But wait, some enemies are immune to Illusions so while it's suboptimal, Doom+Illusion on the same item makes sense.
Lightning is pretty much the same (Lightning Resistance).

To be honest these are pretty expensive item powers so the probability of getting two or more on the same item is not that high.

The only clear case I see is not pairing Doom with a To Hit bonus.

The other half of the coin is that this is not something that happens often so it's barely worth the attention. Most items don't have enough budget to add two of these powers and even if they have the chance of actually rolling them is even less especially considering items have a finite "high cost" slots. I'm not entirely sure something that affects probably around 0-3% of the items ever made is really worth a complex solution and additional restrictions.

I actually did get doom+phtantasmal and doom+20%tohit as a main treasure after I put a lot of effort into clearing a two high value zones. I understand if it's not worth the effort fixing it, I guess to avoid disappointment, turning off "More random items" is the best choice for me considering there are 250 well defined ones...